Pet Peeves!

Options
lizard053
lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
I'm setting this up for venting, but do be considerate of others' feelings when you post!

Driving:
-Speeding - the speed limits (especially in residential neighborhoods, schools and college campuses) are set for a reason. Stick to it, as you never know when a child will run out in front of you!
-Your car is essentially a 2-ton club (give or take, depending on the car!), it's a deadly weapon. Drive it as such!
-Driving is not a necessity, it's a privileged, treat it as such.
-Road signs are there for a reason. Read them!
-When turning, turn into the correct lane! Sometimes two lanes can make the same turn, don't switch lanes in the middle of an intersection!
-Watch out for all other users of the roadways! Bicycles are vehicles too.
-Where there is a crosswalk, pedestrians get the right of way. Even if they aren't paying attention!

Ahhh. That feels better.
:wink:

Replies

• kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    - Signal when driving, tell people where you're going!
    - (this happened yesterday) when turning, turn FROM the correct lane!
    - Slowing for the stop sign doesn't count! (a residential neighbourhood with TWO schools, come on people!)
    - Driving with a child in your lap is dangerous and against the law!
    - Distracted driving is stupid, rubbernecking is stupid, fiddling with something is stupid, anything can happen while you're not looking at the road!

Thanks! :D
  • marsellient
    marsellient Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    All of the above, plus....drive in the driving lane and pass in the passing lane. If someone passes you on the right (except in the U.K. :)) maybe you should think about moving over and not being a lane hog.
    There, I'm done venting, too.
  • love2cycle
    love2cycle Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I ride a bike a lot:

People scream at me to get on the sidewalk (Recently, in our city, a cyclist riding on the sidewalk ran into a pedestrian, who fell into the street and was hit by a car and killed)

People in cars passing me while I'm on my bike and then making a right turn in front of me!

People who let their dogs and cats run the neighborhood, doing their "business" wherever they please!:grumble: (This is a perfect "pet" peeve)
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    People who let their dogs and cats run the neighborhood, doing their "business" wherever they please!:grumble: (This is a perfect "pet" peeve)

Indeed! LOL!
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    My pet peeves;
    - Smokers. Don't do it near me. It's disgustingly selfish to pollute anyone else's lungs with your poisonous crap.
    - Cyclists. You don't pay road tax. Get out of my road.
    - Driving;
    - People who pull out into a main road from a sideroad without slowing.
    - People driving more than 5mph below the speed limit.
    - People that can't see over their steering wheel.
    - People doing their makeup / hair / talking on their mobile
    - Dog owners that can't control their dogs.
    - Any dog small enough to fit in a handbag.
    - Swimmers that swim two abreast in the fast lane so they can talk to their friend, with their head up, because 'nobody was using it'. Newsflash - I'm going to swim Butterfly directly at you and it's your own bloody fault if I knock your fake teeth out.
  • kristen49233
    kristen49233 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Parking lights are called "parking" lights for a reason. Turn on your headlights for pete's sakes!

Thank you...I feel much better now!
  • sinistertitan
    sinistertitan Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    -Oblivious left lane drivers
    -Those that pull out right in front of you, make you slam on the brakes and then continue to do 10 - 15 mph under the speed limit. To top it off.......there was NO ONE behind me. You could have waited.
    -People on cell phones.....I can't even count how many green lights I've missed because the effing douche in front of me was looking at his phone instead of the line of cars pulling away from him.
  • ErrataCorrige
    ErrataCorrige Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Coming home to find that my husband has given our 2 and 4 year olds their own giant bags of Cheetos, and just let them go crazy eating all of them.

Really??? Really???
  • alpha1029
    Options
    - People who spit in public. It is the most disgusting thing and completely rude to everyone around you. I have even seen people spit on the train floor on my commute. I honestly thought I would vomit.

- People who don't stay to the right. It doesn't matter if you're driving, walking or using the stairs. Stay to the right! It makes things easier for everyone.
  • Mamafred
    Mamafred Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    People who are too lazy to put their shopping carts in the "buggy corral" and just leave them sitting out in the parking lot. :angry:
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Drivers in general are my pet peeve. I have the worst road rage! When I'm driving, you're always in my way! I'm always right and you're always wrong!!! Learn how to drive!

-When someone doesn't hold the door open for you when you're behind them. I've always felt that was rude. I know they're not obliged to do me any favors. I was raised to always make sure the person behind you has the door so it is second nature for me.
  • sergetns73
    sergetns73 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    - people who ask questions on the Message board but wont provide their own answers :angry:
    - people who lye about loosing weight
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    6 foot tall 20 something year old's on mfp that give 5foot, 45 year old women on mfp advise on weight loss/ calorie intake because it worked for them so it must work for everyone.
  • JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Pet Peeves - MFP related:
    -Spelling lose - loose
    -People who are frustrated when they don't "loose" 10lbs in one month
    -People who hand out bad advice and pass it off as absolute
    -People who add you as a friend then never say one word to you
    -People who think starving themselves is a good idea
    -People who ask the same questions in the forums, without realizing there is a "search" button

Ahh. Feels nice to vent. Thanks. :smile:
  • Drivers in general are my pet peeve. I have the worst road rage! When I'm driving, you're always in my way! I'm always right and you're always wrong!!! Learn how to drive!

-When someone doesn't hold the door open for you when you're behind them. I've always felt that was rude. I know they're not obliged to do me any favors. I was raised to always make sure the person behind you has the door so it is second nature for me.

I totally agree with you on the 2nd part. I cannot stand it when you're RIGHT behind someone whether it be following them from the parking lot going into the same store and they KNOW you're behind them and don't hold the door open for you! I mean really is it that hard?? Be polite people!
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    People who are too lazy to put their shopping carts in the "buggy corral" and just leave them sitting out in the parking lot. :angry:

^^^^^
    This especially when they are blocking perfectly good parking spots. I love it when someone leaves it in a parking spot that was directly next to a cart return. That is just lazy.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    At my son's school you have to make a u-turn to exit the parking lot. There are two lanes of traffic moving out. Almost everyone feels that it is A-OK to make that u-turn, to the LEFT, from the RIGHT lane regardless of whether there are cars in the left lane. Keep in mind that there are two lanes on the other side as well. So, apparently, they feel the need to use all four lanes. Also, even though there is parallel parking available, and you have your turn signal on, they will pull right up on your *kitten* and not let you park. No, they don't want the spot, they just want to keep moving. I really want to punch some of the parents at that school.
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    People who post DANGEROUS advice such as super low calorie deficit diets that net 200 calories a day. Will you lose? Yes. Will you be healthy? No. Will you look frail and unhealthy? Most Definitely. Will you be the skinny fat person? You betcha. So EAT SOMETHING! It is not a race. It is better to get to your goal slowly and healthily than fast and unhealthily. Fast and unhealthily results in excess skin hanging off your body and a weight that is harder to maintain once you start eating regularly.
  • cygnetpro
    cygnetpro Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I live in Gettysburg, which has an enormous section of town designated as battlefield. Tourists, (which we love, don't get me wrong) drive on those roads sightseeing, which is what they are meant for. They are also a way to get from Point A to Point B for those of us who live here. They are set at 25 mph, and have a gazillion pull-off sections and parking spots for the tourists, most of which stand empty. Instead, the tourists roll through at 5 mph, sightseeing, while we locals are stuck behind them in a long, irritated line.

People, it's a road, not a Disney ride! Please be considerate and pull off to sightsee!

Wow! I feel better! I never want to seem angry to the drivers, since I don't want them to have a bad experience here, but it is very frustrating.
  • coffeegirl1998
    coffeegirl1998 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    People who think that I am lazy because I am fat. No, I just love food darn it. :(