Sugar in fruit..good or bad?

Options
Hi, i have a concern... and tahnk you in advance to everyone that responds!
Usually i eat a small gala apple on my drive into work, and i saw it has 16 grams of sugar, my daily sugar intake on MFP is 25 grams ...so i gues my questions are, should i continue eating my apple? is there another fruit i can intake,or no fruit at all? is the sugar from the apple good or bad?
Again thanks for your help. :bigsmile:

BTW... i wake up early and eat breakfast at 5:30 a.m. and get hungry around 8..i drive into work at 730 and it's an hour or so drive...that's why I munch on an apple, sometimes banana which has 14 grams of sugar... :huh:

Replies

• donnamariemoon
    Options
    I think bananas have about 27 grams of sugar actually (well, I just know 27 grams of carbs, sugar may be lower as all carbs aren't sugar). Fruit is tricky. It does have a lot of sugar, and for me, if I consume too much sugar (more than I can burn off) I gain weight. So when I am trying to lose weight like now I will only eat berries on non-work out days. On days I exercise I would eat a banana, apple, or other fruit. But only on work out days. If you enjoy the apple I'm sure it's not a main thing you have to cut out of your day. But if you like strawberries just as much you will get less sugar for the snack.

Donna
  • JenniLisette
    Options
    :flowerforyou: thank you, and yes i do love berries.!
  • American_Honey
    Options
    Good good good!! I mean, don't go crazy and eat apples all day long, but keep eating your morning one!!

Humans weren't designed to function with worrying over grams and limits and protein intake. Just eat what your body wants, the closer to nature the better. And remember Michael Pollan's advice: most of the food in the store ISN'T food, its "edible foodlike substances." That stuff doesn't count in the "eat what you want," because your body simply is not designed to digest it.

Your post makes me think of the saying "an apple a day keeps the doctor away." Culture passes down a LOT of food wisdom that we disregard. No one would have ever started saying that cute little ditty if it didn't have some truth.

Look in to Michael Pollan's books "In Defense of Food" and "Food Rules." Sooooo awesome!!