C25k and 30 Day Shred

Options
I'm on week 4 of C25k..starting week 5 next week... anyone want to start 30 day shred and hybrid with running/C25K on Monday 2/13??!!!

Replies

• kimg70
    kimg70 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting and was planning to start C25K tonight and work in 30DS too!!
    So count me in!!
  • cndrlla
    cndrlla Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 30DS... Level 1, Day 8. I also want to start C25K, so count me in as well.
  • Jme2012
    Jme2012 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    IM on day 6 of 30ds and wanto restart c25k.. count me in!
  • Amanda0325
    Amanda0325 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I'm training for a 5k on March 24th and leaving for tropical vaca on March 25th for my anniversary so I want some change! take before and afters if you can!
  • sandy729
    sandy729 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Cool...I'm on W2D1 Tomorrow of C25K and restarting the 30 day shred tomorrow as well.
  • 1jeaniebeanie
    1jeaniebeanie Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    fyi... I have been doing this together since January... It is working out great. I am currently on day 3 level 3 of 30DS and tomorrow will be week 7 day 3 of the C25K program...

It has really helped me to lose inches and run a heck of a lot further at one time... I absolutely love it!!! Good luck everyone!!! Hang in there, it is going to pay off!!!
  • KMiche82
    KMiche82 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Yes I actually had a plan to start both of them on Monday when I get back from Mardi Gras, count me in!
  • besav11
    Options
    What is c25k??
  • QueenMother14
    QueenMother14 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I am doing both already. I can tell a real difference in my stamina.
  • erintheinspiration
    erintheinspiration Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I've been wanting to start 30DS again and I have the C25k app on my phone that I obviously need to utilize. I'm totally in! :happy:
  • QueenMother14
    QueenMother14 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Couch to 5k (a running program to get you from doing nothing but sitting on the couch to running a 5k in 9 weeks)
  • kerricolby
    kerricolby Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I've done C25K before and I started 30 day Shred yesterday. How do you do them together? Do you still do 30 day shred everyday and add in the 3 days of C25K? Or do you substitute 3 days of 30 day shred with 3 days of C25K?

C25K is the couch potato to 5K plan. Google it and it has a 9 week program designed to take you from no running to your first 5K.
  • tdbernrd
    tdbernrd Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Please, count me in! I've been looking for a group that is about to start both of these. Yippeee!:smile:
  • Corryn78
    Corryn78 Posts: 215
    Options
    Doing both of these already. I"ve been running for a while, but added 30DS for strength. I alternate running/30DS 4 days a week. Really need to get another cardio day on the elliptical...we'll see :)
  • Amanda0325
    Options
    i will be running 3 days a week and doing 30 day shred everyday.. so it will work out to around and hour work out 3 days a week and 30 mins approx. every other day.
  • irishbabe_78
    irishbabe_78 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing the Ripped in 30 (Jillian Michaels other video) and am also starting the C25K. So, count me in!
  • Amanda0325
    Options
    How is everyonedoing today!? I am on W4D2 of C25k and I know i was only supposed to run 3 mins, 5 mins, 3 mins, 6 mins.. but at 6 mins I still felt good and i ran for an additional 14.5 minutes!!! it felt so good!! I can't remember a time when i ran 20 minutes straight... i also walked for a while after that and then ran another 5 minutes before finishing up my hour on the treadmill... total mileage.. 4.47 :)...
  • cndrlla
    cndrlla Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Doing well, thanks! Just waiting for the phone guy to come and go so I can get my workout started. I'll probably do a 3 mile walk after doing 30DS. Going to officially start C25K on Sunday. :)
  • lettner
    lettner Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I guess I'll enter the conversation as a guy. Amanda, you suck, j/k, seriously good job. I did W4D2 of C25k today and had a hard time finishing the last run, but I weigh 100 pounds more than you. I'm thinking of doing Week 4 again next week to help me feel more comfortable with 16 min of running before the 20 min of running straight in Week 5. I have been doing Ripped in 30 on Tuesday & Thursday. When I do C25k, I've been trying to work in some strength training then (like this morning I did chest & tricep workouts). My wife has several of Jillian's workouts and as a guy I actually like them.
  • Amanda0325
    Options
    I guess I'll enter the conversation as a guy. Amanda, you suck, j/k, seriously good job. I did W4D2 of C25k today and had a hard time finishing the last run, but I weigh 100 pounds more than you. I'm thinking of doing Week 4 again next week to help me feel more comfortable with 16 min of running before the 20 min of running straight in Week 5. I have been doing Ripped in 30 on Tuesday & Thursday. When I do C25k, I've been trying to work in some strength training then (like this morning I did chest & tricep workouts). My wife has several of Jillian's workouts and as a guy I actually like them.

thanks! don't get discouraged you'll get there my last run of the week is tomorrow and i'm going to try to make it an even 5 miles :)