Are you on meal repeat too?

Options
Does anyone else eat the same meal at least once a day? I eat pretty much the exact same breakfast every morning. I know this sounds bad, but I know exactly how many calories it has in it, plus it fills me up. Am I the only one? :) If not what's your favorite meal ?

Replies

• SkinnyBitchMode19
    SkinnyBitchMode19 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I get on kicks all the time of eating the same thing. For two months i ate vanilla greek yogurt with raspberries for breakfast. Now for the last month i've been on a Think Thin Creamy Peanut Butter Bar and and apple kick.

I get this way with lunches too sometimes (when i'm at work) because its just easy to make the same thing everyday and i know exactly how many cals are in there! No surprises!

So i'm right there with ya! :happy:
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Same thing for breakfast every morning!

@katie I have shoes just like that :tongue:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Yes, I definitely do this.

I was having a cup of cottage cheese plus 1/3 cup craisins every nmorning for a looooong time.

Recently I have been loving apple pie steel cut oats, and since I make big batches every weekend, I am guaranteeing that I will have it every day :)
  • nhendri
    nhendri Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Breakfast every morning is Wheat toast with strawberry preserve and my cup of joe with vanilla creamer in it.
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    i eat so much of the same stuff every day...yes. LOL.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I usually don't "eat" breakfast but most mornings I have a cup of chocolate soy milk. Sometimes on the weekends I'll have a waffle or pancake, but 98% of the time I have soy milk. All other meals vary day to day though.
  • buckobuckobucko
    Options
    Me too oatmeal and coffee.
  • pb6012002
    Options
    I get like that too. Sometimes I feel if I eat the same thing I know I will lose weight. But I know you have to change it up to lose weight.
  • mandycasey
    mandycasey Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I have the same breakfast every morning and at least 4 times a week have the same lunch!! dinner does vary though xx
  • kbw414
    kbw414 Posts: 194
    Options
    I don't eat the same thing every day, unless there's something in the house that I really need to use up. 1/2 cup of blueberries for a few breakfasts in a row for example, because they'll spoil otherwise.

I would think it would be very difficult to maintain proper nutrition without enjoying a varied diet. For me, weight loss is not my only goal, at least not at the expense of holistic health and nutrition. Plus, I'd be totally bored and I wouldn't enjoy eating anymore--and there's nothing wrong with enjoying food!
  • jlnk
    jlnk Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I eat just about the same thing everyday for breakfast, lunch, and dinner...
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I eat pretty much the same thing for lunch every day...and snacks. I change up breakfast (I have about 5 different things maybe that I eat) and dinner is always different.

I'm NOT a picky eater - I just really don't like cooking (though I found a couple of stupid-proof cookbooks and that is changing a little bit.)
  • jodymcadam
    Options
    I always have the same breakfast, Oatmeal and yogurt! I am such a creature of habit.

"When you know what you are going to eat every day, you are less likely to eat "for your taste buds" or give in to cravings that will derail your diet. Eating the same meals makes it more likely you will eat for health and satiety, and increase your chance for weight loss success."

^ as heard on Dr. Oz, and I completely agree!!
  • ericabrothers
    Options
    Yep pretty much every day through the week I have a banana and a Dr. Pepper 10 for breakfast. Its easy plus sometimes my stomach kills me after I eat breakfast (not sure why it does this but it has since I was in high school) and a banana has never caused me any GI distress so far :smile:
  • marquesajen
    Options
    Sometimes. I'll eat whole grain toast with laughing cow cheese until the loaf runs out, then it's yogurt with shredded coconut, then it's toast with cream cheese and jam, etc. Also if I make a big batch of soup or chili I do this as well.
  • roamingstudent
    Options
    Hell yeah! I take a small pot of oats, rasins and cinnamon to work to mix with water. It's tasty, filling, low in cals and warm (it's really cold in the UK right now) but I do know that I am meant to mix my diet up.

I found a recipie for "Low Cal Apple Breakfast Pie"... but it's basically the same thing, with apples! haha x
  • elizabeth1222
    Options
    I always have naturade total soy shake from ( Sam's) for breakfast I really love the vanilla flavor
  • rumsuck8
    rumsuck8 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    My dad always said, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." If eating the same thing is working and easing your life, for whatever reason, do it! I know that I repeat, because my system is working and I am losing weight. I change up the types of fruits and veggies, but otherwise, oatmeal, chicken breast, arnolds whole wheat thin rounds, FF Red Wine Vinagrette on my salad are staples for me.
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I always have the same breakfast, Oatmeal and yogurt! I am such a creature of habit.

"When you know what you are going to eat every day, you are less likely to eat "for your taste buds" or give in to cravings that will derail your diet. Eating the same meals makes it more likely you will eat for health and satiety, and increase your chance for weight loss success."

^ as heard on Dr. Oz, and I completely agree!!

I'm with Dr Oz -- it's easier to stay on track when a couple of meals/day are sort of pre-determined
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    :blushing: :blushing: same here... every morning before work I have a half glass of milk, banana. My morning snacks are generally the same as well...