Are you on meal repeat too?

Options

Replies

• Jakolin
    Jakolin Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Every morning i have two boiled eggs or 3 eggwhites in an omelet, and a glass of not from concentrate suger free juice,orange or grapefruit, it keeps me satisfied. Sometimes I will add a piece of fruit too.
  • sweetnlow30
    sweetnlow30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I ate the same lunch for four months until I got sick on it LOL. It was an egg white sandwich on a wheat english muffin. Now, I tend to cycle through the same meals for breakfast and lunch. I usually have a large salad with a can of tuna, canape with some sort of topping, or an egg white omelet, depending on what I am in the mood for that day. I always make sure to stock up on my foods when I get groceries. It just makes things more simple. I always make a different dinner and I take a multi vitamin to cover anything I am missing ;)
  • mv0912
    mv0912 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I always have the same breakfast, Oatmeal and yogurt! I am such a creature of habit.

"When you know what you are going to eat every day, you are less likely to eat "for your taste buds" or give in to cravings that will derail your diet. Eating the same meals makes it more likely you will eat for health and satiety, and increase your chance for weight loss success."

^ as heard on Dr. Oz, and I completely agree!!

Very interesting! :)
  • mv0912
    mv0912 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I ate the same lunch for four months until I got sick on it LOL. It was an egg white sandwich on a wheat english muffin. Now, I tend to cycle through the same meals for breakfast and lunch. I usually have a large salad with a can of tuna, canape with some sort of topping, or an egg white omelet, depending on what I am in the mood for that day. I always make sure to stock up on my foods when I get groceries. It just makes things more simple. I always make a different dinner and I take a multi vitamin to cover anything I am missing ;)

I eat 2 lg eggs, 100 calorie english muffin and sometimes a turkey breakfast sausage pretty much every day for breakfast. :)
  • MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Pretty much I eat a half cup of oatmeal w/pure honey (1 teaspoon), half a grapefruit, and two large scrambled eggs every single morning :grumble: but it's my regimen when strength training
  • girlholiday
    Options
    I eat about the same breakfast everyday. I use cooking spray, and scramble 1 egg, 2 egg whites, some kind of meat either turkey pepperoni, chicken, 1/2 can of tuna, and salsa. sometimes i add some spinach, or onions.
  • kaylammurphy
    Options
    So, it is actually healthier (as far as stress levels) to be a person who knows what you want to eat and having it. People who do this are also much more satisfied than people who follow the "variety is the spice of life" idea.

Also, I really like what I eat, so I often have the same thing over and over. :) YUM!
  • OLFATUG
    OLFATUG Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Yep. I drink the same protein shake every day for breakfast after my workout, and the same snack at 2:30 every day (fruit and plain yogurt). Then again, OCD makes sticking to my diet that much easier! ;)
  • hpynh2o
    hpynh2o Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I have several meals that are repeated frequently. My fave is my fruit and protein shake in the morning!
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I eat eggs and a slice of peameal or rye bread for breakfast every morning for a year lol and I eat greek yoghurt wit hraspberries for lunch every day for work I'm too lazy to figure out those meals plus they're low cal so I can eat something interesting for dinner haha
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I used to alternate three different things. Now I get bored so easily with my food, that I have to eat something different. Today, even though it wasn't great carbs-wise, I ate 2 cups of peanut butter cheerios and an organic "pop tart". lol I'm having to play catch up the rest of the day as far as protein, but ... I just go with what my body wants! Some days it's a smoothie (easy, quick, LOTS of protein if you use whole milk & greek yogurt - just add fruit & honey, YUM!), some days it's cereal, other days it's oatmeal, most days I eat at least 1 egg somewhere in there ...
  • lexagon
    lexagon Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I cycle meals ever other day, but it's pretty much the same things w/ a little variety here and there. Depending on what fruits/veggies I have in the house ready to go. Doesn't bother me though, I actually really like my meals, so might as well stick with them. Dinner is a whole different story, that's different all the time.
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Dr Oz says it's good for weight control if you eat the same foods or meals on a regular basis for exactly that reason - you know how much you need to be satisfied and you know what the calories will be.

I find combos that I like and repeat them frequently, and am quite happy with that. My meals tend to shift depending on what's in season or whether I need to change something for nutrition's sake. I never have a problem with being bored with my foods.
  • sugiravi
    Options
    Since I started at MFP I've basically been having the same thing every morning-- Special K with vanilla almond milk. Hopefully I won't get sick of it, but for now it's quick and yummy :)
  • kenlad64
    kenlad64 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I too repeat meals. Breakfast in the is yogurt and Kashi, in the winter oatmeal and something (usually peanut butter or PB2). Lunch is (usually) salads, then a portioned controlled dinner of what the family is having. It is a lot less stressful.
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    For lunch I have the same sandwich (ham and cheese) every day and maybe switch it up once a week to peanut butter and jelly. I love sandwiches!

For dinner I usually eat the same things every week except for those delicious treats out to dinner once or so a month! But I like having consistency. :happy:
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    most definitely. i use "Quick Tools -> Copy Yesterday's Meal" for my first 2 meals of the day usually.
  • Soapstone
    Soapstone Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Yes!!! But I don't think this is a bad thing....plus it's easier to log in and I like that I can depend on the same meal most of the time. I pretty much eat the same cobb salad 4-6 days a week, and it helps keep me focused on my goals. If I throw in too much variety right now, at the very beginning of my journey, I think it could be dangerous for me.
  • princessputz
    princessputz Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Pretty much! Helps me know what I'm eating when...keeps me in check.
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    i do this in intervals, for a while it was oatmeal, then an egg and lunch meat on a bagel thin, then steel cut oats. right now it is two rice cakes with peanut butter and a banana.

edit to ad my snack is almost always yogurt and fruit/ a bar of some sort/ veg and dip