Yet Another Crock Pot Recipe - Healthy Buffalo Chicken!

Options
ahmpierce1
ahmpierce1 Posts: 221 Member
Being from Philadelphia, I know a good cheesesteak when I see one. And if you're anything like me, you'd lie, cheat and steal to get your hands on a delicious buffalo chicken cheesesteak. Unfortunately, these are not known for their nutritional properties. But ALAS, I have come across a healthy, easy AND delicious buffalo chicken recipe...only 330 calories per serving (and they're large servings!)

All you need is 4 ingredients!

- 3 pounds FROZEN chicken breast
- 1 bottle Hot Sauce (I like Frank's BUFFALO sauce, but Frank's original, Texas Pete's, etc are all good)
- 1 packet of powdered Ranch dressing
- 2-3 tablespoons butter (I used light canola butter)

1. Place frozen chicken, hot sauce, and ranch directly into crock pot and cook on low for 6-7 hours
2. Take chicken out of crock pot and shred with fork. Place chicken back into crock pot along with the butter and allow to simmer in the sauce for another hour.
3. Take chicken out and you're done!

I like to serve this on hoagie rolls with a bit of Weight Watchers cheese and garlic salt. It completes the whole "buffalo chicken cheesesteak" attempt, but I am sure this dish would be delicious over rice...or by itself...or pretty much with anything!

Hope you all like it!

Replies