What's your favourite recipe that uses whey protein powder?

Options
Well the title explains it all really... what's your favourite recipe that uses whey protein powder?

Replies

• lucasnjewels
    lucasnjewels Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I just mixed a scoop in a plain greek yogurt and it was pretty good. Makes it SUPER thick though.
  • TequillaLover89
    TequillaLover89 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I mix chocolate whey protein with water.. Yummy :)
  • InsaneChic85
    InsaneChic85 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I don't use whey powder because all of the whey proteins you get have sucralose in them which can cause long term effects to your liver BUT I do us chocolate shakeology and love adding almond milk and strawberries!
  • Goldenwoof
    Goldenwoof Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Some frozen berries (either blueberries or a triple-berry blend), skim moo, some fat-free plain yogurt, and a scoop of whey. I'm actually drinking one right now. Good stuff, lemme tell ya.
  • Tiff1124
    Tiff1124 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Frozen bananas, 2 tbsp of cocoa powder and about 3 tbsp protien powder.

Mix in blender until smooth and creamy..homemade HEALTHY chocolate banana ice cream :)
  • JLervold86
    JLervold86 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Jamie Eason's Recipe for Cinnamon Swirl Protein Bread....http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-easons-livefit-recipes-cinnamon-swirl-protein-bread.html so delicious, my afternoon snack daily :o)
  • leeann1980
    leeann1980 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I sprinkle chocolate protein shake powder on my oatmeal in the morning. It gives the oatmeal a great flavor and gives me the added protein I need. Much better than the flavored oatmel packets.
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    I just mixed a scoop in a plain greek yogurt and it was pretty good. Makes it SUPER thick though.

This. So good.
  • zakkthebear
    zakkthebear Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I don't use whey powder because all of the whey proteins you get have sucralose in them which can cause long term effects to your liver BUT I do us chocolate shakeology and love adding almond milk and strawberries!

I think you are misinformed. Not all whey powder has sucralose.

in fact, there are a number of "blends" that this "shakeology" company lists in its ingredients that could be about anything along with higher cholesterol and carbs.

http://www.shakeology.com/c/document_library/get_file?uuid=1d66051a-61fd-4199-841b-16d24dae4c7b&groupId=59860

compare the ingredients list to this here that has one singular ingredient:

http://nutrabio.com/Products/whey_protein_isolate.htm#.TzQhn8XOx5Y

Anyways, my AM shake is:
    55g whey isolate unflavored
    140g strawberries
    100g banana
    1c almond milk unflavored
    50g raw spinach

super good, lots of whole foods with some added protein.
  • TluvK
    TluvK Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    1 scoop Choc Whey Protein Powder
    1/2 frozen banana
    1 T natural Peanut Butter
    2 T Non Fat Greek Yogurt
    3 or 4 ice cubes
    1/4 C Skim Milk
    2 Cups Spinach

Toss in a blender and enjoy!!
  • Tiff1124
    Options

in fact, there are a number of "blends" that this "shakeology" company lists in its ingredients that could be about anything along with higher cholesterol and carbs.

http://www.shakeology.com/c/document_library/get_file?uuid=1d66051a-61fd-4199-841b-16d24dae4c7b&groupId=59860

Anyways, my AM shake is:
    140g strawberries
    100g banana
    50g raw spinach

I've always wondered about those shakes for breakfast. Do you count it as a meal, or an early morning snack? Seems just a protien shake wouldn't fill you up that much. :/
  • zakkthebear
    zakkthebear Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    toss in some ice cubes and that 28oz. or so for breakfast, with ~50g of protein. I eat at 6:30 then again ever 2-3 hours depending on my day do I'm constantly satiated. having just the shake then nothing till noon? not sure that would work for me.
  • TluvK
    TluvK Posts: 733 Member
    Options

Anyways, my AM shake is:
    140g strawberries
    100g banana
    50g raw spinach

I've always wondered about those shakes for breakfast. Do you count it as a meal, or an early morning snack? Seems just a protien shake wouldn't fill you up that much. :/

You'd be really surprised - especially if you add greek yogurt. I need a LOT of calories in the morning. I wake up starving and my morning protein shake keeps me full until at least 11 AM, even after my workout.
  • Tiff1124
    Options
    toss in some ice cubes and that 28oz. or so for breakfast, with ~50g of protein. I eat at 6:30 then again ever 2-3 hours depending on my day do I'm constantly satiated. having just the shake then nothing till noon? not sure that would work for me.

I'm going to give this a try. I generally try to get most of my calories in breakfast, so I can burn it off at the gym during lunch.

Thanks! :)
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    No Bake Cookie Protein Smoothie

1 scoop chocolate protein powder (Pure Protein Frosty Chocolate)

¾ cup milk (Silk Almond or Almond Breeze, unsweetened)

1 tbsp creamy peanut butter (Jif)

¼ cup rolled oats (Quaker)

2 tbsp sugar free vanilla coffee syrup (Torani)

enough ice to make it as thick as you’d like
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Protein milk :) (2 cups of skim milk and 1.5 scoops of chocolate whey powder)
  • kristina0206
    Options
    bump
  • caroline_g
    caroline_g Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Ooh some great recipes
  • enelkay
    Options
    I use whey protein powder a lot in baking. This is one of my favorite recipes:

Sour Cream Snack Cake
    Makes 8 servings @ 5 g. carbs and 5 g. protein each

1 c. vanilla whey protein powder
    1/4 c. golden flaxseed meal
    2 tsp. baking powder
    1 tsp. baking soda
    1/3 c. splenda
    2 tsp. cinnamon
    1 egg
    1/2 c. vegetable oil
    1/4 c. water
    1/2 c. sour cream
    1/4 c. chopped walnuts

Combine whey protein powder, flaxseed meal, baking powder, baking soda, splenda and cinnamon in a bowl. Mix egg, oil, water and sour cream in a bowl, then stir in dry ingredients. Pour into a greased 8-inch baking pan and tap on counter a few times to settle bubbles. Sprinkle nuts on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 18 to 20 minutes. Test with toothpick. Do not overbake or it will be dry.

Or divide batter into well-greased muffin pans, being careful to fill them no more than 1/2 full. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 18 minutes. Test with toothpick. Do not overbake or they will be dry. I use silicone muffin pans and leave them in the pans until they're cool, then remove. They tend to stick when using even non-stick muffin tins. I haven't tried using paper liners.

Original recipe from "Baking Low-Carb" by Diana Lee, with my own modifications
  • SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I like to add all, some , or one of the following...banana, milk, vanilla whey protein, peanut butter, etc.