What are your exercises and superfoods for the abs...

Options
I would love to get some ideas on the exercises many people are doing and seeing results for their abs/mid section. Listing the super foods would be great as well.

Thanks.

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Heavy deadlifts and squats. Foods you like work wonders in any diet.
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    <--- This is me in the photo, I took it a few days ago :flowerforyou:

For my shapely silhouette and larger breast I drink a tea I make at home, here is the recipe:

1tbs fegureek seeds
    1tbs funnel seeds
    5 whole star anise
    2 cups water

boil for about 20 min then drink the entire thing every day. You can feel free to research it to see what it actually does to the body.

I also do eat some fat (mostly olive oil and coconut oil) nuts, love fruit and all kinds of veggies. When it comes to carbs I try to stay away from processed foods and it is hard to do with carbs. So I tend to eat more whole oats and rice, or higher fiber breads, if they have a higher fiber content it will slow the digestion process and help me stay fuller for a longer period of time.

As for workouts:
    So far I have a split workout routine:

3 weeks working out 5 to 6 days a week:
    3 days lifting heavy for 1.5 to 2 hrs then a 30 min aerobics and stretching.
    2 to 3 days 30 min lifting heavy, then 15 min HIIT with stationary bike (30 sec @ tension 20, then 1 min @ tension 5), 30 min bike @ tension 5, then 25 min calisthenics and stretching.
    Food wise I eat 400 under my maintenance + cals back from exercise with macros 30% protein, 50% carbs, 20% fat.

1 week working out 5 days a week:
    4 days lifting heavy 1.5 to 2 hrs then a 30 min aerobics and stretching.
    1 day HIIT as listed above.
    Food wise will eat @ maintenance with 5 days macros 50% protein, 20% carbs, 30% fat (workout days)
    2 days still @ maintenance but eating what ever I want not paying attention to macros and only going to walks with my sweetheart.

Lifting heavy meaning to where I can only do 5 to 8 reps with the amount of weight on the bar or the machine.

I am currently reading up on Intermittent fasting to see if it is a good idea for me to work it in there and when should I do it to get the most out of it.

This is a pretty detailed list of what I am doing now. I am in the 3 weeks routine and today is a mostly cardio day so 30 min weights, then swimming for an hour instead of the HIIT.

The best advise I can give is the tea and do research and read up on stuff. Here are a few website I use:
    for nutrition:
    http://body-improvements.com/resources/eat/
    http://www.scoop.it/t/fitness-and-diet-on-the-cutting-edge
    http://www.t-nation.com/
    http://www.gasparinutrition.co.uk/nutrition-recipes-desserts-99.html
    and I love Matt's blog:
    http://www.gasparinutrition.co.uk/196.html

I also utilize HIIT on my cardio days.
    http://www.exrx.net/FatLoss/HIITvsET.html

I follow what is mentioned on this page for my workouts:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/373801-two-day-full-body-strength-training-routine

I know it is a lot of info, and I hope it helps
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options

^This, and a caloric deficit.
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I'm unaware of any "super foods" that make a bee-line for the fat in my abs - if you find them, let me know.

Other than that, my usual core workout includes plenty of:

Planks
    Push-ups
    Crunches
    V-ups
    Reverse crunches
    Pilates classes
    Any other exercise where I'm unstable (on a stability ball or other unbalancing equipment) that forces me to hold my core.
  • LPS1986
    LPS1986 Posts: 104
    Options
    I would love to get some ideas on the exercises many people are doing and seeing results for their abs/mid section. Listing the super foods would be great as well.

Thanks.

http://www.menshealth.com/fitness/ultimate-medicine-ball-workout

Even though I am a lady, I still love this workout. You can't spot reduce so do not try. Plus, like someone else said, any food you like is good with any diet - moderation is key. Keep in your calorie limit, exercise and get good sleep!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options

Agreed. I haven't done an ab/core workout in months.
  • reaolliemama
    reaolliemama Posts: 489 Member
    Options

1tbs fegureek seeds
    1tbs funnel seeds
    5 whole star anise
    2 cups water

boil for about 20 min then drink the entire thing every day. You can feel free to research it to see what it actually does to the body.

Actually boil it, or just steep in water that was boiling? Also do you consume the seeds and anise or do you toss that and do you dilute it at all or just drink the 2 cups?
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    if you squeeze the juice of one lemon into a gallon of water and drink that every day, you will have a rock hard core in just a few months.

alsododeadliftsandsquatsathighweightandcontinueeatingatacaloriedeficit
  • NewVonnie
    NewVonnie Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    if you squeeze the juice of one lemon into a gallon of water and drink that every day, you will have a rock hard core in just a few months.

Regular lemons or organic?
  • tomusiakl
    tomusiakl Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    These are really some great ideas from people with great bodies/abs...I appreciate the thoughts. I am looking into everything right now. That tea idea would be great for me right now.

Thanks again you all....
  • engineman312
    Options

uuuh, from the lemon tree in my own backyard thank you very much. who the eff know if someone just stuck an organic sticker on a crate of regular lemons.
  • NewVonnie
    NewVonnie Posts: 683 Member
    Options

uuuh, from the lemon tree in my own backyard thank you very much. who the eff know if someone just stuck an organic sticker on a crate of regular lemons.

Do you use tap, filtered, spring or distilled water? I want to make sure I do it right.
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options

1tbs fegureek seeds
    1tbs funnel seeds
    5 whole star anise
    2 cups water

Actually boil it, or just steep in water that was boiling? Also do you consume the seeds and anise or do you toss that and do you dilute it at all or just drink the 2 cups?

you actually boil it you will end up with about 1 cup water in the end. you can eat a few of the fengureek seeds and funnel seeds but I haven't tried eating the star anise. I don't eat the entire thing at all, I do blend it to make a nice hair mask or add it to my lotion though.

You do not want to over do it and you can dilute it with more water if you would like but do drink the entire thing once each day.
  • LabRat529
    LabRat529 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    There are no superfoods. :sad:

But if there were, it's be chocolate. Maybe with blueberries in it.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options

Mhmm! Thats what it takes :D
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    There are no superfoods. :sad:

But if there were, it's be chocolate. Maybe with blueberries in it.

:drinker:

Mmmmmm.....
  • engineman312
    Options

Do you use tap, filtered, spring or distilled water? I want to make sure I do it right.

i collect rain water and put it through a distilation process
  • Cr357
    Cr357 Posts: 238
    Options

These^^^ and Captain's Chairs.
  • Dkittery
    Options

Other than that, my usual core workout includes plenty of:

Planks
    Push-ups
    Crunches
    V-ups
    Reverse crunches
    Pilates classes
    Any other exercise where I'm unstable (on a stability ball or other unbalancing equipment) that forces me to hold my core.

I'm finally happy with my stomach. I also do 30 minutes of Cardio every day (ellipital)
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options

Deionized. And I would think cruelty free free-range lemons would be best.