Hey there...I'm new and need support :)

Options
2»

Replies

• Spacecas
    Spacecas Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    you can add me also..i am a sahm also of 3 girl's..i am new to the site and have alot of weight to lose also and extra support would be great for us both..:)
  • jasvics
    jasvics Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Add me if you want, I'm new too! Been on here for 4 weeks and I'm seeing some results. Logging EVERYTHING is key... once you see how many calories you're eating, its like sticker shock (or portion shock)!!! The hardest part for me has been NOT lying to myself in the food log... Not sure if thats just me... or human nature... :)
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    Options
    Hi, I too have been here for a while but can never stick to it. I have just started adding friends so please feel free to add me as well! I am a working Mom of 2 - a 10 year old and a 15 month old. I need all the help I can get! Good luck to you!! :-)
  • getfit4u89
    Options
    I'm new too, feel free to add :)
  • LovinLifeChik
    LovinLifeChik Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I've been on MFP since November, but really started getting serious since just before the holidays. I have alot to lose, many things to learn and love the tools and support that are available through this site. Please feel free to send me a "friend" request if you like. It's a long journey and it's great to have as much support as you can get along the way!
  • jessiemay1975
    Options
    I have used this site before and did very well with it...but alas, I let the stress of life take over and fell off the wagon. :( This is way better than any diet you will ever try. Feel free to add me and let's keep each other going! :)
  • liroez29
    liroez29 Posts: 221
    Options
    Hey to everyone! I am fairly new here too, almost a month. I would be glad to be a support to any of you! So feel free to add me! And good luck to everyone!!!!
  • slimtobemom
    Options
    Hi. Feel free to add me and anyone else who needs support. With support behind you it makes weight loss a lot easier.
  • OKmac3
    OKmac3 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck on your journey! Feel free to add me if you would like and I will do the best I can to encourage you
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Lauren! I am new too and would love to support you. Dieting never works. I love My Fitness Pal bc it helps me keep track and I don't feel deprived. I am more motivated than ever to work out, and I so wish I would have found this website before now! Check out Dr.Oz's "Faturday" and you will do great. One day a week you can eat whatever you want, just don't binge. I haven't cut out any foods and I'm still losing. If I want something, I eat it. I just keep track of it and work it into my day. Another trick is to eat every 2-3 hours and this boosts your metabolism. Starving yourself slows your metabolism and will make your body hold onto everything you eat. If your body knows you are getting fuel every 2-3 hours, it will let go of what you eat much quicker. Best of luck to you on your journey!
    Lauren
  • ARMom8251
    Options
    I am not a SAHM, but I am of mother of four with a paying full time job(plus the one I get lucky enough to get paid in kisses, hugs, and sometimes chaos). I know how important it is to have a great support system to get you through your journey, and I have lost almost 50 pounds with the help of this site. I have tried diet after diet, and it never helped, long term anyway. So I feel what you are going through, but you are strong enough to do this and you have all the help in the world on here. I wish you the best of luck and please feel free to add me if you wish!
  • Jackie9950
    Jackie9950 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I remember writing my first thread requesting support and friendship when I started on here in September of last year. I would have to say the friends I gained from that were an inspiration for me and still to this day push me. This is an amazing site and I think if one sticks with it and has those committed friends to help, you can achieve any goal you want! You are welcome to add me and I will try my best to be a good MFP'er :flowerforyou:
  • dealluver
    dealluver Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Diet is a horrible word! I prefer lifestyle change. That's what this is for me. Making healthier choices and exercising. Joining some of the groups is a great way to keep motivated, at least is has been for me. I am on my 16th day of Jillian's 30 Day Shred, and it's kicked my butt, however looking at my results, every single pound lost has been earned, not to mention the 5" off my waist and 3" off my chest, in just that short amount of time. If you need support you can add me!
  • LuluBirdsie
    LuluBirdsie Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I too, am adopting the "no diet" mindset! I've been a yo-yoer for years and have never been successful in my loss because I deprived myself to get there! We can do this together - please feel free to add me! I love this site, it's nice to have company along the way!

P.S. - you challenged my mind abit with the "SAHM" - after a few minutes (maybe, longer) I figured it out :happy:
  • Paitynsue
    Options
    I just joined as well, you can add me i need more friends on here
  • shalvors
    shalvors Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm a SAHM mama of 4 bio and 2 foster kiddos! I'd love to be your friend and we can help each other!
  • hayleymc3
    hayleymc3 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Awesome stuff. I refuse to use the word diet. When I finally decided to change my life I referred to it as a "lifestyle change" and I stick by that. I was definitely killing myself, so the term seemed more appropriate than "diet." A diet is usually temporary, but a lifestyle change can be permanent.

Myfitnesspal is a cool site. I also recommend 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet. I'm a member there but I haven't been in a while. I also bought a journal and joined Blogger so I could keep track of my mind during this journey. It's good to write and then look back and see how your mindset changes while losing weight.