Ladies.. what about gear for the larger "girls"

Options
13»

Replies

• andforpoise
    Options
    I really love the Ta Ta Tamer from Lululemon... I think they go to a 38 or 40 band size... I was wearing the Old Navy active one for awhile but it's not as supportive... it worked for the time being though
  • Pennhotmom
    Pennhotmom Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Good post! I am definitely going to try and find some of these.
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    shock absorber, they do different 'strengths' as per the sport. I use the running one for horse riding and it stops bounce really well. Not pretty to look at but it's 7 years old now..so they have improved. I need to get a new one soon due to weight loss as well so that's a good excuse! lol
  • kapspecial
    kapspecial Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I just ordered two great sports bras on Macy.com. They have a great selection and you can narrow your shopping options by bra cup size. I got the Anita Sports Bra, Extreme Control 5527 and the Anita Sports Bar, Wireless Microfiber 5521. I'm a F cup and they went to like M or something. Always use a coupon with Macys. One bra ended up being $44 and the other was like $53 with a 20% off coupon. I've worn both and found them way more supportive than the Champion ones I had been wearing. I have one single use coupon to spare (cause it ends Feb. 15th) if anyone is interested.
  • Kasya007
    Kasya007 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    The Moving Comfort Juno. It offers MUCH more support than the popular Fiona & I think I could possibly live in it. Good luck, it's a frustrating search. It took me around 2 hours of trying bras on to find 2 proper fitting sports bras for my distance running training (both were Moving Comfort). :)

http://www.seejanerun.com/p-3650-moving-comfort-womens-juno-sports-bra.aspx
  • I went bra shopping today at See Jane Run and was NOT that impressed with their selection for bras for larger busts. Do any of you ladies with larger girls have suggestions for a great compression bra for DD cups and larger? I don't mind spending $50 bucks for a GOOD supportive bra. I jog mostly so need something that will keep the in place.

Hello,

I am very busty myself and have tried many sports bras - probably every kind out there. THE ONLY bra that fits properly, is comfy, holds the girls in (trust me they're not going anywhere), is supportive and pretty much does what a sports bra should do is made by a company called Enell. They are expensive but TOTALLY WORTH EVERY PENNY.

I would highly recommend Enell sports bras to any woman - especially those of us who are on the busty side. They come in different colors and if you go to www.enell.com you can find the correct size you need.

Their sizes are funky ... for example: If you're a 32C, D or DD you would choose 00. If you're 50DDD, 52D or 52DD you would choose size 8. They have all sizes in between but I just wanted to give examples because they do have bras for every size.

Hope that's helpful .... Good luck! :)
  • I needed serious compression to prevent a head injury.... Seriously, nothing allowed me to run or jump without having to hold myself. I saw the Enell bra on Oprah. I found a place (Scheels) that sold them. They are not adjustable and they have hook and eyes that run up the front. The first time I tried one on, it took my girlfriend and me stuffing and tucking and trying to latch the hooks. We definitely raised a ruckus in the changing room with all our giggling and carrying on!!

Once I got the hang of putting it on, I LOVE it! Hook the bottom hook, then the top hook, and then every one in between. Check out enell.com.

Good luck!!

I totally agree with you ... I saw that same episode - that's where I found out about Enell. I tried one of their sports bras and WILL NEVER OWN anything but this brand!!!!! I can't believe there was finally an answer for the larger busted women! If I could describe the bra in one word it would be .... PERFECT! :)