Eating Minus Cals

Options
13»

Replies

• bbbgamer
    bbbgamer Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    This too....if there were 245 grams of fiber in that...you wouldn't have much time to type your post between crapping your brains out.
    Ahhhhhhhhh I see what has happened now...........lol
  • kyrstensmom
    kyrstensmom Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Guys, I can totally understand your responses....They made me laugh....

I know you can't eat minus cals.....

I'm wondering if any of you checked out the link I put there....

Also, this juice did fill me which surprised me......

I will put 335 for today as kyrstensmom suggested........:flowerforyou:

I checked it out, which is how I figured it out and made the assumption that you weiged the leftovers. Good luck with your juicing!
  • Driving_Miss_Daisy
    Options
    I eat 50g of fiber a day and do fine. I couldn't imagine 250g.
  • atxdee
    atxdee Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Is this a joke? :huh:

:laugh:
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    ive just read this 4 times and then i gave up...???

Ditto

Me too x
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    my brain just melted.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Guys, I can totally understand your responses....They made me laugh....

I know you can't eat minus cals.....

I'm wondering if any of you checked out the link I put there....

Also, this juice did fill me which surprised me......

I will put 335 for today as kyrstensmom suggested........:flowerforyou:

I checked it out, which is how I figured it out and made the assumption that you weiged the leftovers. Good luck with your juicing!

Yes, I weighed the leftovers...Thanks....

I'm so glad that everyone got a good start to their day reading my post....I was dumbfounded when I worked it out....
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • CaptainMFP
    CaptainMFP Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Not sure how many responders took the time to look at the link provided by the OP. Sounds like juice was being made. If an extractor was being used (as described in the link provided) then the fiber component of the produce (specifically the insoluble fiber) would NOT be in the juice consumed and would NOT contribute to its calories.

To the OP: The calculation can't be right. I'm not sure how the extractor in question works (I don't make my own juice personally) and I don't know how you calculated the fiber removed. It sounds to me like you might have weighed the apple core which shouldn't have figured into the calculation. The numbers I typically use indicate that there is 1 g of fiber per 48 g of apple and 1 g of fiber for every 39 g of carrot. Thus, I estimate you had about 7 g of fiber in the carrot and about 10 g of fiber from the apple (assuming the apple weight excludes the core). This would give you 17 g of fiber, and therefore 68 calories. Thus, 369 - 68 = 301 calories in the juice. Negative calories are not possible, but mathematical errors are and on my planet (I'm a science prof) forgivable. I would ignore the unnecessary snarkiness here. Assuming this is a sincere question, every smart aleck response that did not take the time to look at the website provided and analyze the question was uncalled for. Best of luck to you!
  • seal57
    Options
    Not sure how many responders took the time to look at the link provided by the OP. Sounds like juice was being made. If an extractor was being used (as described in the link provided) then the fiber component of the produce (specifically the insoluble fiber) would NOT be in the juice consumed and would NOT contribute to its calories.

To the OP: The calculation can't be right. I'm not sure how the extractor in question works (I don't make my own juice personally) and I don't know how you calculated the fiber removed. It sounds to me like you might have weighed the apple core which shouldn't have figured into the calculation. The numbers I typically use indicate that there is 1 g of fiber per 48 g of apple and 1 g of fiber for every 39 g of carrot. Thus, I estimate you had about 7 g of fiber in the carrot and about 10 g of fiber from the apple (assuming the apple weight excludes the core). This would give you 17 g of fiber, and therefore 68 calories. Thus, 369 - 68 = 301 calories in the juice. Negative calories are not possible, but mathematical errors are and on my planet (I'm a science prof) forgivable. I would ignore the unnecessary snarkiness here. Assuming this is a sincere question, every smart aleck response that did not take the time to look at the website provided and analyze the question was uncalled for. Best of luck to you!

Thanks....Yes, I did count the core as I just put the whole apple in...Yes, it was a sincere question even though I know you can't eat minus calories....

This is the juicer I have...BREVILLE Compact Juicer 900 Watt Juice Fountain BJE200...

Don't worry, I did ignore the snarkiness but only because I'm feeling good....Weeks ago it might have been a different answer....

It's nice that someone actually took the time to look at the link I put here....I do know one other person did also....

Thanks......:drinker:
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Wait... What?
  • seal57
    Options
    Wait... What?

Sorry girl....You are a bit late as this has already been fixed.....:flowerforyou: