30lbs to lose by July 21st...I need motivation

Options

Replies

• brett1117
    Options
    Look into P90X!! its a 90 day program. If you stick to workouts AND diet I will guarantee you lose at least 20lbs in 90days!! It's a tough program but it works!!
  • brett1117
    Options
    MANY people mess around with fade diets, fade exercise programs, "magic" pill theory!! Bottom line is HARD work is the only way to lose weight!! Have to change your mind before you change your body!!
  • fitnessfreeky
    Options
    Lose 5 lbs – in a month

Either you're just above your healthy weight goal, or you just want to try to start off small, whatever your challenge, here's one way to go about it:

1. Commit to 30 minutes of activity every day. Walking is easiest to incorporate.
    2. Cut out one or two unhealthy foods you eat every day for the whole month (cream in your coffee? sugary pop? fast-food meals?). Watch food portions at meals.

Lose 10lbs - in two months

So you're feeling a little braver about tackling your extra weight. This is a good thing. Try this out:

1. Commit to 45 minutes of activity every day, either walking, biking or playing tennis.
    2. Cut out three to four unhealthy foods you eat every day for two months (potato chips? candy bars?). Watch food portions at meals.
    3. Add strength training by lifting 5, 10 or 15 lb weights twice a week. Include two sets of 12 repetitions.

Lose 15 lbs - in three months

Now you're serious about losing those pounds that you may have been carrying for awhile. Congratulations. Here's how to make the pounds melt away:

1. Commit to 30 minutes of physical activity twice a day, be it walking, basketball or swimming. Add more activity options to boost your weight loss.
    2. Cut out three unhealthy foods you eat every day for three months (gummy bears? cookies?). Watch food portions at meals.
    3. Add strength training by lifting 5, 10 or 15 lb weights three times a week. Include three sets of 12 repetitions.
    4. Add flexibility and stretching exercises (yoga? tai chi?) to avoid injuries.

Helpful tips .....
    1. Weigh yourself once a week, at the same time, to keep tabs on your progress.
    2. If you fall off the wagon, get right back on. Don't waste your efforts. A bad day is just a bad day.
    3. As clothes become too big, remove them from your wardrobe and give them to charity.
    4. Drink plenty of liquids, about 6 to 8 glasses a day.

Remember: to keep the weight off, you'll have to continue being physically active and watching your calories.........
    ”Eat Less & Move More!”
  • klick21
    klick21 Posts: 107
    Options
    I am being possibly/probably over ambitious and trying to lose 40lbs for my wedding on the 21st july! Please add me :)
  • kschudy
    Options
    I am with you! i have 60ish to lose, but want to do 30 of that by mid summer. I'll join that group too - it looks like I can relate to a lot of the women who've responded to this!
  • reen62
    reen62 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I know you can do it!! I am 49 yrs old and last April I was at the point in my life where the few pounds I gained with each year finally got to the point where I had too much extra weight. I lost 30# between April and Oct. I changed my eating habits big time, lots of fruits and vegies, whole grains and cardio 5 times a week. Using my fitnesspal and being very diligent about recording and staying under my calorie goal helped alot. In addition to calories I really was careful to cut back on carbs, sodium and drank lots and lots of water. I reached my goal in Oct and I realize it has only been a few months but I am keeping the weight off and feel I have the tools I need to stay on track. Good luck!! :wink:
  • TNoire
    TNoire Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    You all can do it! ~

I lost 156lbs in 19 months once, getting back there now myself

LETS DO THIS!
  • tjordan74
    tjordan74 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Add me too I need all the help I can get My friends joined too we all live in different town but they arent into it I need someone to help me stay on task we can help each other!!
  • kelpharm
    kelpharm Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I was shooting for 30 by the beginning of August for a family wedding so count me in!
  • mkam1980
    mkam1980 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Count me in!
  • egraham04
    Options
    Add me as well because my goal is to lose 30pounds by the summer as well and Im definetly going to need a friend to help me get through it!!
  • Actuality
    Options
    I need to lose 30 by MAY as well! Big trip planned to see family and friends! some of whom I haven't seen in 7 years!...and I want to look fabtabulous!
  • kbandeko
    kbandeko Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    me too, how do I add you as a friend.
  • rachaelh84
    rachaelh84 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    My goal is 5 pounds a month, so that is 40 pounds by the end of July. Feel free for anyone to add me!
  • thefishers4
    thefishers4 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I need to lose about that much by July 4th. I will add ya.
  • happyjoyousfree1
    happyjoyousfree1 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    30lbs Yes I like the sound of I lost 30 more lbs! I'm in!
  • tiffany_suz
    Options
    hi all! good luck to all of you and add me as a friend if you like! i once taught a high impact aerobic class at Gold's Gym in the Bahamas that was about 12 years ago... now I am 35 with 3 kids 11-5 and 1 year old. It sure is harder at this age to be motivated to do anything after taking care of hubby, kids, house, friends, church blah blah blah. Last week I finally said I HAD IT lol. I started last week thursday at 200.6lbs and today weighed in at 193. I just follow the calories, eats lots of fruits and veggies water and ZUMBA!! I do it on my Wii and get in some jumping jacks just for good measure when i feel bored. My goal weight is 145 at that i wear a 6 which is cool i love my curves :)
  • BuggyGirl28
    BuggyGirl28 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I need some motivation and 30 pounds by July would be nice is there a group we join or how does this work?
  • Rbom82
    Rbom82 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I want to lose 40lbs by my daughter's 4th birthday July 19th. We should totally start a group.
  • i would love to be your friend. seven years ago i weighed 245, my husband passed away and i quickly lost 100lbs, i have gained back 30, my son is getting married in august so i need to loose 30lbs by then. i would love your encouragement, i need all i can get. i would love to encourage you and cheer for you along your journey