sick of it

Options

Replies

• becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    Once upon a time I quit too, and I kept quitting until I weighed 450 lbs. You have a little girl...if you aren't doing it for you, do it for her...she needs you in her life.

Most people never run far enough on their first wind to find out they’ve got a second.
    - William James
  • EMarvie
    EMarvie Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    make sure you eat your cal's! especially if you're exercising. your body needs more food.. make sure you're Eating 1200 cals - after your work out!!! fuel your body ! you'll see results!
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    Take measurements!! A lot of time there's no scale change but you're dropping inches. Seriously, taking measurements is one of the best things you can do for yourself.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    This is from last May. I wonder what happened.

I didn't even notice! I feel dumb now! Haha.
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options

According to her profile, she's still here, still posting, and has only lost 5 pounds.
  • bmwgsa1
    Options
    I got my weight moving downj when I started doing Intermitent Fasting, just a day of 2 a week - the rest of the week I eat like I should, keep it all logged, etc....

You might want to give it a try - lots of sites about it.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    please read this, for all beginners of MFP this gives some good starting knowledge.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/330934-guide-to-calorie-deficits
  • jennmartin82
    Options
    Once upon a time I quit too, and I kept quitting until I weighed 450 lbs. You have a little girl...if you aren't doing it for you, do it for her...she needs you in her life.

Most people never run far enough on their first wind to find out they’ve got a second.
    - William James

Wow! you look amazing! :flowerforyou:
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options

According to her profile, she's still here, still posting, and has only lost 5 pounds.
    5lbs...OUCH!
    Yes, perhaps it's time to try something different?
    Sometimes when we think we know it all, change that could help becomes inhibited by an unyielding attitude.

And try not to be so down on yourself for your current failure.:drinker:
    You can buck up and make this happen - never give up!
  • msmithevv
    msmithevv Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Been there done that. Don't give up! I don't know how much weight you need to lose, but it will happen. Give your body time to adjust. When I started this in January 2011 I had the same issue except I was in the gym 6-7 days a week and some times twice a day. I am now 43 pounds lighter, but the most important thing - I feel soooooo much better. You will get there too!!
  • EdnaModes
    Options
    Hormonal contraception can slow or stop weight loss. I didn't lose any weight at all, despite eating 1200-1400 calories a day and training for a half marathon. Now I'm not on the pill / depo, I'm losing weight.
  • netchik
    netchik Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    You won't get much targeted advice until you make your diary available.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    You might not be eating the right stuff, or eating enough -- or doing the right workout. your body adjusts to things rather quickly - you have to keep it guessing!
  • jaelg
    jaelg Posts: 1
    Options
    Have you had an indepth thyroid screening? Many women have underactive thyroids and can't lose weight because of it.
  • Gracestar12
    Gracestar12 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Please make sure you are GETTING your calories (not way below each day) and eat back any calories you burn from exercise - your deficit could be so great that your body feels depraved/deprived of nutrients and holds onto everything

'depraved' bwa haha ha (the thought of a body that feels 'depraved' for any reason is really appealing to my warped sense of humour so late on a Fri night) :laugh:
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Are you consuming at least 1200 calories? If not you should try and eat over 1200. Your body might be going into starvation mode. DON'T give up please!!!

Please do the research. Starvation Mode is a myth.
  • Clarevmb
    Clarevmb Posts: 211 Member
    Options

- William James

Love the quote, says it all!
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    make your diary availalbe so people can advise you.
    Eat clean. Its really important.
    Befriend people who are making progress and look at what they are doing, learn that way.
    DON'T GIVE UP
  • shrek1970uk
    shrek1970uk Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Interesting article about 'diet plateau'

http://www.nutracheck.co.uk/Library/WeightLoss/diet-plateau_1.html

:flowerforyou:
  • DeenieWeenie
    DeenieWeenie Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! We all have bad days! You will love yourself if you keep moving forward! just saying,, :wink: