• WantToBeMoreActive
    Options
    Could I give up brussel sprouts??

I love it. :laugh:
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Could I give up brussel sprouts??

I say go for it!!! I'd give them up too, but I'd have to start eating them in order to give them up, and that's not gonna happen!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • arthkicker
    arthkicker Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Welcome Daisy May and skinny dreams !!!
    Skinnydreams where abouts in Alberta do you live? I'm so excited to have a someone else from alberta, I felt like I was being out numbered by all the easterns..lol :laugh:
  • arthkicker
    arthkicker Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Congrats to thejackyl... a new car and the title of biggest loser all in the same week..wtg !!! :happy:
    WTG Team !! Keep up the great work !!!

Thejackyl -4.4lbs 2.07%
    Cyndi1 -2.0 lbs1.22%
    Mxburke-1.6 lbs0.99%
    Freezeframe -1.4 lbs 0.71%
    Wanttobemoreactive -1.0lbs 0.64%
    Momto5 -0.6 lbs 055%
    Tashas -1.1lbs 0.50%
    lotus42 -0.5lbs 0.33%
    Ttthumper -2.0lbs 0.95% (2 week weight loss..welcome back)
    Chosen 0lbs0 %
    Jomickey 0 lbs 0%
    Jay 83 (1.3) lbs%
    Sweettart (2.8) lbs %
    Skinnydreams Welcome !!!
    Daisymay Welcome starting weight 211

I also wanted to mention that cyndi1 is very very close to losing 10% of her weight....woohooo next week is the week !!! :drinker: :flowerforyou:

Great idea giving up something this week....I'm in for giving up a vegetable..any vegetable..lol :laugh:

Good Luck this week everyone !!! Have a super duper week !!!:drinker: :drinker:
  • skinnydreams
    Options
    Skinnydreams where abouts in Alberta do you live? I'm so excited to have a someone else from alberta, I felt like I was being out numbered by all the easterns..lol :laugh:

Thank you! I grew up in St.Albert and now live on an acreage just 10 minutes south of Calgary!!! How about you? I feel outnumbered by those Easterners too!!! But I wouln't have my best friend without them!!!
  • skinnydreams
    Options
    So I've read a lot lately about increasing calories for breastfeeding, I gave it a try this week....saw no weight loss or gain, but I felt like I was stuffing my face just to get in enough calories....I think I'll just go back to what this site suggests!

Start weight with MFP was 290 lbs, my heaviest ever.
    Current weight 215 lbs!
    On my way to a healthy 180 lbs!!! Actually I should be aiming for 175 lbs, the high end of healthy BMI, but we'll see how I feel when I get there!!!

I'm looking to be fit and healthy, not skinny skinny... a size 10 or 12 would make me feel like a million bucks! I am 5'10" with a large frame and I carry weight well, thankfully becasue I've carried a bit too much lately! :laugh:
  • mxburke
    mxburke Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    So I've read a lot lately about increasing calories for breastfeeding, I gave it a try this week....saw no weight loss or gain, but I felt like I was stuffing my face just to get in enough calories....I think I'll just go back to what this site suggests!

Start weight with MFP was 290 lbs, my heaviest ever.
    Current weight 215 lbs!
    On my way to a healthy 180 lbs!!! Actually I should be aiming for 175 lbs, the high end of healthy BMI, but we'll see how I feel when I get there!!!

I'm looking to be fit and healthy, not skinny skinny... a size 10 or 12 would make me feel like a million bucks! I am 5'10" with a large frame and I carry weight well, thankfully becasue I've carried a bit too much lately! :laugh:

Wow, congrats on the 75 lb loss! that is so inspirational! I was wondering, and i asked this in the group last week, have you had any issues with loose skin yet with such a big weight loss? I have a total loss of 60 lbs to get off, and have lost 20 so far....but im just wondering what my body will look like once the next 40 lbs are off, and if theres anything i can do to help this along the way.....Anyhow, keep up the good work!
  • Jay_83
    Jay_83 Posts: 446
    Options

Thank you! I grew up in St.Albert and now live on an acreage just 10 minutes south of Calgary!!! How about you? I feel outnumbered by those Easterners too!!! But I wouln't have my best friend without them!!!

Not all of us are easterners, Tasha and I are in Saskatoon.:bigsmile:
  • TheJackyl
    TheJackyl Posts: 88
    Options

Not all of us are easterners, Tasha and I are in Saskatoon.:bigsmile:

And I'm Vancouver.
  • TheJackyl
    Options
    Congrats to thejackyl... a new car and the title of biggest loser all in the same week..wtg !!! :happy:
    WTG Team !! Keep up the great work !!!

Wow, schweet. Had that customary buyers remorse for a couple hours after picking up the new car but I'm over it now. I don't know how I'm dropping the weight though, I haven't been watching my diet enough or getting to the gym enough lately, I guess it's the constant being on the go lately.

Oh, and I had to share. The new car if anyone cares to take a peek:

http://gman52.homestead.com/files/SRT4.jpg
  • skinnydreams
    Options
    Wow, congrats on the 75 lb loss! that is so inspirational! I was wondering, and i asked this in the group last week, have you had any issues with loose skin yet with such a big weight loss? I have a total loss of 60 lbs to get off, and have lost 20 so far....but im just wondering what my body will look like once the next 40 lbs are off, and if theres anything i can do to help this along the way.....Anyhow, keep up the good work!

Thank you! I just had my last baby in March, so the tummy is a little lumpy! But it is getting tighter but it is pulling itself back together! As for my boobs, thankfully they are full of milk!!! :laugh: :laugh: With all the weight loss from before pregnancy they were getting a little saggy, nothing a good bra can't raise!!! But that's definietly my least favorite part of the weight loss! I figure lots of cardio to shed the fat and core exercises to strengthen the tummy will help!!! Keep up the great job too!!!
  • mxburke
    Options
    So i have decided that I am going to give up bread for the rest of the week.....anybody else giving something up?? Jay_83 is giving up eating out in general......tell us about what you want to give up this week!!!
  • Daisy_May
    Daisy_May Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking I'm going to give up wine until my vacation!
  • mxburke
    Options
    Okay, so first day without my bread....and it actually wasn't as bad as i thought it would be....it was a bit of a challenge since i usually eat toast for breakfast, and i also usually have a sandwhich for lunch, but i used my noggin and thought up some different lower calorie things to replace the bread with......for breakfast i had oatmeal, and for lunch i brought some boiled eggs to get my protein, and brought lots of fruits....so overall....my day went well, i guess its all about substituting......i do like this sort of challenge tho, giving up something that i love for a week, i think it will help me stay away from all those heavy calories.......good luck to everyone else!
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    mxburke, just a thought.

There's many things that just go well in a sandwich especially toasted.

I myself have cut out white bread for a while. I pick up 12 grain wheat bread.
    PB&J still taste good on whole grain bread.
  • mxburke
    Options
    Oh i definitely agree... i havent eaten white bread in ages, i honestly cant even remember the last time i ate it.....i strictly eat whole grain or whole wheat bread now.....but i just wanted to cut it out this week cause i eat bread way too much overall lol.....its like my addiction haha....
  • healthymom2009
    Options
    Sorry I'm posting so late but had to share my weight loss this week (first time the scale moved down this month!!!!)

June 1: 180 lbs
    June 20: 178 lbs
    Total weight loss: 30 lbs!!!!:drinker:

p.s. I live in Regina - Yah the west!!
  • skinnydreams
    Options
    That's awesome Healthymom!!! Congrats on the loss! I hope to see good results next week!!!
  • andycanada
    andycanada Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!

New to MFP - and sorry you must get asked this a lot - but how do I join the group and how do I keep checking updates for the group?

This seems like a good way to keep each other in line!
  • TheJackyl
    Options
    Hey guys!

New to MFP - and sorry you must get asked this a lot - but how do I join the group and how do I keep checking updates for the group?

This seems like a good way to keep each other in line!

If you want to join, you just did. :bigsmile:

We have a weekly thread with the same title just different date (Crazy Canucks "<date>". The thread is started each Wednesday which is our weigh in day. I'm sure some of the group members chat a little more via PMs but this thread is the dedicated source of discussion.