Guy from UK looking for a few friends

Hello all

I've just signed up to the website after discovering the iPad app for it.

I'm a guy from the UK, in my mid-thirties and I've been overweight and unhappy about it for a long time. I've decided that rather than going to a weight-watching class or drinking meal replacement milkshakes to simply watch and record the calories I consume and to burn off a set amountof calories per day. Basically eat less and move more! From having spent a little while on the forums here it's occurred to me that having a few friends, either from the UK or not, would help keep me motivated and would be helpful in exchanging food ideas and so on.

If you'd be willing to add me as a friend please get in touch!

Best wishes to everyone from a very chilly England.

Koth

Replies

• Hi Koth,

I've been here since September and believe me it is such a motivating place. I've lost 3 and a half stones. I'm from Brum - don't let that put you off. I'll send you a friend request as I'll be around for a while cause this isn't all about weight its about learning to cope with a new lifestyle.

Dave
  • AirCircleI
    AirCircleI Posts: 334 Member
    Feel free to add me - I'm in London (trying to get up motivation to go for a run in the snow, or go to the gym!)
  • R_is_for_Rachel
    R_is_for_Rachel Posts: 381 Member
    Hi, add me! Could do with more UK friends! And I love the muppets :D
  • fell free to add me
  • KNarrainen
    KNarrainen Posts: 135 Member
    Add me if you like, I'm in a snowy London
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Feel free to add me, in snowy Lincoln :smile:
  • CookieGem
    CookieGem Posts: 197 Member
    Welcome to MFP family. Feel free to add me.

Gemma (York)
  • dianeellen2
    dianeellen2 Posts: 259 Member
    Diane - in a very cold Nottingham xx
  • rolyprince
    rolyprince Posts: 49 Member
    I was exactly where you are now when I found this site. Feel free to add me if you want.
  • Hi I'm in Nottingham,although I'm originally from London,I've been here since the start of Jan I log daily and comment where I can,feel free to add me if you wish anybody xxx
  • Tiff587
    Tiff587 Posts: 264 Member
    Feel free to add me! x
  • ednawhatnot
    ednawhatnot Posts: 93 Member
    I'm fairly new to MFP (25 days today) but I've found it such a massive help already. After losing and gaining around 15 stones in the last decade, I know I can lose weight but I've also realised that I need someone or something to make me accountable for my lifestyle choices.

Feel free to add me as a friend, you can never have too many cheerleaders :)

Dawn, Lancashire
  • Hi :-) I've just started here and hope this time I can lose some weight, keep it off and make some friends!!
    From snowy Buckinghamshire
    T x
  • MrsLong1980
    MrsLong1980 Posts: 181 Member
    I'm in Nottingham - feel free to add me! :)
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    HEY HEY....miss piggy calling from snowy old wiltshire x :bigsmile:
  • Gail3260
    Gail3260 Posts: 354 Member
    There are loads of us here in the UK. I will add you as a friend. I found the site by accident when looking for a calorie counter app for my iPhone and I honestly believe I would not have been so successful without it.
  • Patovader
    Patovader Posts: 439 Member
    Hi Koth,

I am from the Edinburgh area, feel free to add me - this site is fantastic and has helped me shed just over 40 pounds!

Cheers, A
  • fiabka
    fiabka Posts: 294 Member
    Hi & welcome feel free to add from snowy Oxfordshire
    Good luck on your journey & have a great day
    :drinker:
  • gtfcnat
    gtfcnat Posts: 199
    Hi
    Feel free to add me. I think the support on here is great :smile:

Nat
    From snowy North Lincolnshire
  • Arachnapheria
    Arachnapheria Posts: 55 Member
    Hey, I'm also in the UK (Northumberland to be exact). Feel free to add me. I have sent out some friend requests for people on this thread but I've used up my invite quota for now lol x

Heather =^.^=