drinks??

Options
hi there, just curious to know.............i dont log my drinks in my food diary (unless i have coke etc) but i drink A LOT of tea ( no sugar and only a tiny amount of skimmed milk )its keeping me full between meals and i also count this into my water per day ,should i be counting this into my calories? or should i set myself a amount of milk for the day and log that??

i see a lot of people complaining that they are finding it difficult to stick to 1200 calories and i can honestly say i dont! is this because i'm filling up on tea and possibly blowing my calorie intake by not logging?

any advice would be a great help
cheers all :drinker: xxxxx

ps also feel free to nose at my food diary....any advice there would be helpful also

Replies

• jakesteed69
    jakesteed69 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Tea? Ain't no Calories in Tea.
  • leika79
    leika79 Posts: 114
    Options
    what about the milk??
  • dianeellen2
    dianeellen2 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I drink lots of tea and coffee in the day and do not log (both with milk) - i think its important to keep up calcium intake and fluid and think logging would make me cut down.

If you are losing weight then its fine - if not then prehaps a little more exercise to counteract the calories?

Just my thoughts

Diane
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    I would say log the milk because that does for sure have calories....and I guessing the amount of tea you are drinking wouldn't add up to the amount of calories that could swing your diet either way.
  • Arachnapheria
    Arachnapheria Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I log my tea/coffee intake because of the milk calories. One 100ml cup of tea with semi-skimmed milk is roughly 49 cal. Alternatively just log the milk and any sugar/sweetners you might add (although why anyone ruins a perfectly good cup of tea by adding sugar I'll never know lol )
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I add ALL my drinks........including water under the relevant meal time :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Sue :smile: x
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I doubt you're blowing your calorie intake, but why not just work out roughly how much millk you're having in a day and log that? My cups of tea work out about 15 cals each, but I like a lot of skimmed milk in each, so yours will probably be less. I don't think it's going to be doing anything drastic to your logging though.
  • leika79
    leika79 Posts: 114
    Options
    (although why anyone ruins a perfectly good cup of tea by adding sugar I'll never know lol )

i know its criminal!!
  • alocin1709
    Options
    I log everything that goes into my mouth ...everything!
  • kimmianne89
    kimmianne89 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I log tea. I have a small cup of tea with a dash of skimmed milk and one sugar and its 30 calories. Even if you don't pay any attention to it its good to remember what you had that day so i'd log it :)
  • witchywillow
    witchywillow Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    hiya

i log every drink i have that isnt water in snacks and only click the glass wen its actually water im drinking, there's still cals in ur milk and it adds up thru the day :happy:
  • andyscott1547
    Options
    i log everything as theres lots of sugar in milk so that adds up!
  • stuey39
    stuey39 Posts: 159
    Options

Is it just me or could this open up a whole new thread?
  • mowu
    mowu Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    It's not just you...
  • Tiff587
    Tiff587 Posts: 264 Member
    Options

Is it just me or could this open up a whole new thread?

Lol!
    I log everything! including my precious coffee!
  • stuey39
    stuey39 Posts: 159
    Options
    Lol!
    I log everything! including my precious coffee!
    [/quote]

Is that what it's known as these days?
  • ChristineDiet
    ChristineDiet Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Your diary is closed so can't really comment. But including your tea in your calorie goal I would say really does depend on how much tea you drink in a day.

I do include my coffee which I have with skimmed milk and no sugar and that's 18 cals. I don't include this into my water count as i really feel the more water I drink the better I will feel about myself and also helps with the weight loss.

With regards to the 1200 calories a day, that is meant to be your goal and you should be reaching that, minimum. too many people are using that as their goal but then are eating under and only consuming about 1000 calories. I did that myself. I then changed my weight loss calculations from 2lbs a week to 1lb a week and this put me at 1620 calories a day. So now my goal is to eat between 1200 and 1620, then I know I won't go below 1200 which, yes you will lose weight doing so initially, but it will eventually put your body into starvation mode and hold on to the food making it harder to lose the weight gradually and you will reach a plateau. You then need to exercise twice as much and eat more to get it kick started again. It's better to just make sure you eat a minimum of 1200 cals. I'm not sure if you do this as your diary is closed and I can't see.

I've done many diets before, and eating over the 1200 seems to be the better way to approach this, unless obviously you are 4ft!

Good luck. x
  • MsMo4DE
    Options
    skim milk still has calories, vitamins, sugar etc so I would log it in your diary. I'll leave the rest up for debate on another thread, you just asked about the skim milk. :)
  • Angelabec
    Angelabec Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    For the sake of accuracy I would just log half a pint or quarter pint of milk in your snacks, not because I think the cals are particularly important, but sometimes it helps to look back at the times when you were doing well, especially if you hit a rough patch, and so the more info you have available, the better.
  • missjoci
    missjoci Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Some teas have a few calories. Coffee has calories and other macros even without the added sweeteners or creamers. Milk has calories that will add up, even if you're only adding a little bit each time. It just really depends how much you're using. Diet sodas may not have calories, but logging will make you aware if you consume too much (plus there is sodium). I think it's safer to log everything you're putting into your body. It's good to make yourself accountable...liquids are still part of your diet!