Insults & abuse

Options
While I was out running earlier today I this comment/insult shouted at me "PIck ya feet up ya fat lazy *kitten*"!!

Now, I'm not normally into commenting on someone's size but this guy could've been Professor Klumps body double, I'm surprised he could even shout he had his chocolate bar stuffed so far into his mouth.

Seems to me that the majority of the time those who do pass judgement and insult people are usually the ones in a far worse condition themselves!

Replies

• Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Are you familiar with "the Bird"?
  • MrsSpinks
    MrsSpinks Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I've heard people say stuff about me when running, but then I remember that no matter far/fast/slow I run, I'm still lapping all those losers on the sofa!!
  • GrahamBarwick
    Options
    ignore it mate.......losers
  • AmyJackson1990
    AmyJackson1990 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Lmao ! thts a shame lol, are u sure he wasnt being sarcastic? him being bigger. Or maybe he's just not got a life n feels the need 2 put others down and make himself feel better. Your the one out running you should have shouted something back lol x
  • beckihadfield87
    Options
    What a #?**?#!! Obviously so self concious about himself that he has to pass this off with unnecessary insults to other people who actually have made an effort to do something for themselves. They are probably jealous. Ignore people like that as hard as it is, because you are worth so much more.
  • sandown12
    sandown12 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    jealously is an awful human trait thats all it was you ignore the weridos your doing great x
  • Elizabeth_M
    Elizabeth_M Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Oh WTF. Seriously, some people's children. Try to not let it affect the way you think about yourself and know that most likely, they have some serious insecurity issues of their own that they feel the need to make someone else feel like CRAP.

You are doing awesome! :)
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    You should have turned around and started chasing him down the road, he would've bricked it.

What a tosser, keep up the good work.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Envy is the worst of sins. If his words stoked anything inside you, use it as fuel to work that much harder.
  • Tivo8MyNeighbors
    Tivo8MyNeighbors Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Number one, you are clearly not a "fat lazy *kitten*." Fat lazy *kitten* categorically DO NOT go out running. You noticed that the person hurling insults at you was in a far worse position, healthwise, than you are, and that's very important, because now, you can realize that he's not actually insulting you. He's yelling about the things he hates most in himself. There is no telling where this sad, angry, bitter person came from, but it's clear he's projecting his own self-loathing forward into the world. How sad for him and anyone who has to be around him at length.

You, on the other hand, are committed to improving your health and lengthening your life, being around longer for those you love and enjoying a greater quality of life while you're at it. You are the lucky one. You must be doing something right, otherwise, this bitter, hateful person wouldn't have had anything to fling abuse at. After all, Professor Klump has no room to talk, right? Sadly, he will likely never reach the point you have come to, where you realize it's all in your hands.

We hate most in others that which we hate most in ourselves.

I say, keep running, keep focused, let it roll off like water off a duck's back. Living well is the best revenge.
  • Buddhasmiracle
    Buddhasmiracle Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    Degrading remarks/observations are mean spirited, and say more about the originator. No sense in it spoiling your am run, but sorry it happened. I'm sure your four footed running buddy could give the guy a run for his money. :D
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    It is jealousy. Shake it off and keep it moving.
  • KitTheRoadie
    KitTheRoadie Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Envy is the worst of sins. If his words stoked anything inside you, use it as fuel to work that much harder.

^ This!

As a cyclist I get a lot of abuse from people, I take out my fury on the bike and always feel better for it afterwards, more fool them!
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    Are you familiar with "the Bird"?

Everybody knows about the bird, for the bird is the word :wink:

Guy was clearly jealous of the fact you can actually run and care about yourself! I second the tosser statment
  • Usbornegal
    Usbornegal Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    My thought would be (although I probably wouldn't think of it in time to say it to this guy) I can change my weight but you will still be a @*******. Just keep running! Have you ever run a half marathon? Or watched one? It is amazing the wide variety of sizes and shapes that can accomplish this feat of endurance!

Keep up the good work!
  • stuey39
    stuey39 Posts: 159
    Options
    Oh no, I not insulted by it find it pityful really that he probably can't even run a bath but can spew that crap out.

Yes, I am familiar with the bird but my hand was busy performing it's only little routine, demonstrating what he should do when he gets home if indeed he can lift his belly up enough to find it!!
  • Trinketona
    Options
    Oh no, I not insulted by it find it pityful really that he probably can't even run a bath but can spew that crap out.

Yes, I am familiar with the bird but my hand was busy performing it's only little routine, demonstrating what he should do when he gets home if indeed he can lift his belly up enough to find it!!

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that gesture was a way better insult than giving him the bird.lol Keep up it!!!!!!! that guy was an idiot.
  • witchywillow
    witchywillow Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    several years ago wen i was on a health kick i use to go out walking round where i live till some young upstart shouted out look at the state of that from his car, terribly hurt i stopped walking and put all the weight bk on. i now only exercise in comfort of my bedroom and have bought myself a cross trainer/exercise bike.

who looks there best wen exercising, puffing and panting, covered in sweat and bedraggled hair but can still be hurtful :sad: :embarassed:
  • jrsey86
    jrsey86 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Because the definition of "lazy" is actively improving your health. Forget that punk. Next time you go running near his house, bring a Snickers bar along and throw it at him! :laugh:
  • toadiejones
    toadiejones Posts: 608 Member
    Options

LOL! That is awesome!