Want to lose 10-15 lbs?

Options
Hello all,

I am new to this site and looking for some motivation. My weight loss goal is 10-15 lbs. I think that having someone to compare progress and ideas with would really help me. Anyone looking for a person to bug them everyday?

Replies

• chimpoco
    chimpoco Posts: 193
    Options
    Hello all,

I am new to this site and looking for some motivation. My weight loss goal is 10-15 lbs. I think that having someone to compare progress and ideas with would really help me. Anyone looking for a person to bug them everyday?
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Welcome:flowerforyou: I am in for a lot more, but, you will find lots of information and support here.
    Good luck to you:flowerforyou:
  • Rica03
    Rica03 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Hi Chimpoco,
    My name is Erica and I am also here to lose 10-15lbs, closer to 15lbs though. I would love to have a buddy that would help me stay motivated. I am an avid exerciser but can not seem to keep the junk food out of my mouth. So my huge issue is FOOD! I love to eat! But doesn't everybody?
    If you want a buddy, I'm your girl!
    Erica
  • ashlaurenn
    Options
    Hi,

I am the same.. want to lose at least 15..

sad story though, i had lost it 2 weeks ago, then my friends came to visit and the diet flew out the window, so i'm here to start again. I gained 11 pounds in 11 days..disgusting.. disgusted..

I am also a junk food junkie which is why i'm back to fight it..alot of booze and hangovers is the main cause of the overeating.. so that needs to stop for sure..

I will need bugging so bring it on! You'll love this site, until last week it helped me alot.

ashlee :)
  • edyta
    edyta Posts: 258
    Options
    Hi! I also want to lose about 10 lbs more. It goes very slowly now, probably because my diet was not that bad before I started and I was quite fit - hehe, who would have thought it can be a problem :laugh:

Good luck :smile:
  • Omni2463
    Omni2463 Posts: 36
    Options
    me too!!! I need to lose 15 more pounds and i'll be back down to 129 lbs. I got up to 165 lbs aftter i had my son...it's almost summer and I'm reclaiming my body!! I've been on other sites like this, but so far i like this one the most, i think i'm here to stay.

So what do you girls think about weighing in every week?? We could start next Wed. 4/2......

here are my starting stats:

Starting weight: 144

Goal weight: 129

Pounds lost:
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I want to join this group!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah, lets help each other out...I have no problem exercising but I do have a problem with eating too much and have hard time saying "no thanks".

Stats:
    weight 136
    goal 130, 125 in my dreams!!!

I did need to lose close to 15 pounds after the Holidays and this site has helped get down to 136 from 148!!!
  • athomemommy
    athomemommy Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    me too!!! I have lost 69 lbs so far but have another 15 to go. The first 65 were sorta easy coming off now it is really really difficult, my body is holding on to it tightly!!!!
  • borjanap
    borjanap Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Yeah I am in too.. I want to go down another 10.. But it's very difficult. and congrats on the 69!!! Great job
  • Omni2463
    Options
    alf1163 - Great job on the 12lb. loss!! Man-o-man i can't wait to get down the the 130's, 5 lbs more and i'm right there with you!! 11 more lbs, you can do it!!

anthomemommy - WOW!! 69 lbs!!! That's amazing, you're on a roll you'll have that 15 gone in no time!!

well, it's dinner time and i'm still short 700 cals.... I guess I can afford to eat that single serv pizza in the freezer.....YES!!!

ok.....it was good, but i'm so FULL ugh.....i couldn't finish it....man before i started eating healthy i could eat two of those things!!!! That's a scary memory...ewww :ohwell:
  • Omni2463
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies!!

ok, i just had breakast...it was good but i'm soooo full (banana, light n fit yogurt, and 1/4 cup special k cereal) YUMMY!!

Well i just found out that this weekend i'm going to Palm Springs. My mom, sister, and little brother (from WA) are flying down to visit my Grandparents, I figured hey! I'm an hour and a half away, why not meet them there and stay the weekend? I'm excited EXECPT for the swimsuit part...i'm not quite ready to put that thing on yet.. oh well...i gess i'll get to showoff what i've lost so far.....

we'll see how it goes....about to hop on the treadmill...

Omni
  • chimpoco
    Options
    Sounds good. I haven't eaten yet. I've been sick with the flu(?) over the past few days. I've been eating way too many calories and have barely gotten out of bed.:cry:

I hope you have a great time this weekend.
    Good Morning Ladies!!

ok, i just had breakast...it was good but i'm soooo full (banana, light n fit yogurt, and 1/4 cup special k cereal) YUMMY!!

Well i just found out that this weekend i'm going to Palm Springs. My mom, sister, and little brother (from WA) are flying down to visit my Grandparents, I figured hey! I'm an hour and a half away, why not meet them there and stay the weekend? I'm excited EXECPT for the swimsuit part...i'm not quite ready to put that thing on yet.. oh well...i gess i'll get to showoff what i've lost so far.....

we'll see how it goes....about to hop on the treadmill...

Omni
  • cobra1368
    cobra1368 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm in for closer to 5lbs. My reason for being here is more for fitness than weight loss. I haven't had too much of a problem with weight thus far (ask me in a couple of years, after I've had kids! LOL).

I, too, have a snacking problem, but I've been here for a few days now, and these cool tools make it kind of fun to count calories. I'm just trying to get rid of the pockets of fat that all this crap-eating has caused. Now that I've hit my 30s, my body has all of a sudden started saying, "You know, I think I'm just gonna hold on to that fat, just in case."

:grumble:
  • sandegor
    sandegor Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I want to lose about 10 lbs. as well. It's so hard - I love chocolate and junk food and I find it hard to stay away from them!!!!

Hopefully we can all keep each other motivated!!!

Start weight: 139
    Weight today: 136
    Goal: 127......125? 125 is so hard to maintain though!

Good luck to everyone!:smile:
  • chimpoco
    Options
    Hello hello!!

I think that we should use this message board as a base to compare ideas and progress. I am so excited to share this journey with everyone!!!! As a new comer to this site, I am already totally addicted. I was a myspace addict for a while but once I found old friends and "caught up"--I lost intersest. I think this site is a much healthier addiction for me.:smile:
  • chimpoco
    Options
    If anyone knows a better, easier way for us to keep linked--that would be great.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I want to lose about 10 lbs. as well. It's so hard - I love chocolate and junk food and I find it hard to stay away from them!!!!

You are sooooooooooooooo right!!! Wow, our stats are very similar!!! I feel wonderful at 136 but I want to go down to 130. 125 would be great because it gives me 5 pounds to play with in case I splurge from time to time but at my age (44) it might not be attainable!!! :wink:

Keep up the good work!!!
  • borjanap
    borjanap Posts: 232 Member
    Options

You are sooooooooooooooo right!!! Wow, our stats are very similar!!! I feel wonderful at 136 but I want to go down to 130. 125 would be great because it gives me 5 pounds to play with in case I splurge from time to time but at my age (44) it might not be attainable!!! :wink:

Keep up the good work!!!

I am just liek you guys... Even though weight is only a number I want the Size that comes with that weight..
  • Mlieb
    Mlieb Posts: 121
    Options
    Can I join too? I already lost about 12 pounds and have 10 more to go. My best friend just moved halfway across the country and I know that I will be vulnerable....I usually eat when sad and stressed so I think I Will need the support too...

Weigh Now: 141
    Goal: 130

Meilssa
  • sandegor
    sandegor Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Welcome Melissa!

Here's to a great week for all of us!

Liz :happy: