Any 5'6" people with a goal of 150 or around there?

Options

Replies

• mariaann7
    Options
    Yes, I'm 5'6" currently 205lbs, since Jan I've lost 7lbs. I'm trying hard to lose this weight.
  • PurelyZee
    PurelyZee Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Posting so I can find later, But I would love to be 150 and lower:)
  • morganfox5
    Options
    Hello!

I'm 5"6 and my goal is 155; once I get there I will decide to make my next goal which could be lower, but I'm not sure! I want to see how I feel at 155 first before I aim lower than that! My starting weight was my highest at 184, and I had actually lost about 10 or so pounds before I started MFP; but since starting here in January I've lost 12 pounds so around a total of 20! I'm 164 as of now so not too long till I reach my goal!!

All you lovely ladies feel free to add me, I would love to share successes and help each other out! :)

Cheers♥
  • ashleynicol3
    ashleynicol3 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" & 170 lbs. I'm trying to get down to 130-140. I'll add you!

Also, how many calories are you guys eating? I'm eating 1200, but I've been stuck at 170 for 2 weeks now & I'm thinking of upping my calories to 1400 to try to break the plateau, but if I gain a couple pounds from it, I know I'll get discouraged, so I'm trying to compare to other ppl in my height/weight range.
  • prov31jd
    prov31jd Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" with a goal of 149 initially . . . then maybe will go as low as 135 if I can manage it. Started out at 239 on New Year's Eve, weighed in this morning at 219.4. I've struggled with my weight since I was a teenager, got down to 143 after my first child (I was a poor 3rd year college student at the time, walked EVERYWHERE). . . 4 more kids later, the pounds added on with each birth. My last "OK" weight was 15 years ago at 180. I used the Cabbage Soup Diet to get to that (UGH, some of you may remeber that!). This time around I'm doing HEALTHY: Portion Control, Daily Exercise. I want to make a permanent change in lifestyle and help my hubby and kids learn to eat healthier, not just lose weight for the sake of looking better (but that's a nice benefit, right? LOL). Like all of you, I am determined!
  • ashleynicol3
    ashleynicol3 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I friend requested a couple of you, will try to go through and request more. I don't have a lot of friends on here - feel free to add me! :)
  • katscoots
    katscoots Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" - my goal is actually 145 - am down from 167 to 156 right now - feeling good. I have, in the past gotten down as low as 132 - which in hind-sight looked absolutely sickly on my frame - i loved being a size 4 at the time, but looking at pictures from then...yuck. 145-150 is a perfect range I think - at least for my body type. My calories are at 1330 - I initially tried the 1200 and it was just too low for me. I try to exercise at least 5 times a week and some days it's just a walk. hang in there - the only way to do this right is through proper diet and exercise. Fad diets won't give you long term results.
  • jtallwood
    jtallwood Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    My first post! 5'6, starting at 187, trying to get down to 150. I started a week ago and today, I'm down to 183.5! (my banner/ticker won't update tough... any idea?). Wishing you all success, we can do this!
  • garp4
    garp4 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I do not know the rules on this site yet, but can we make some sort of challenge sub-group? It would be great if we could all share and encourage each other.

I also have a question for those of you who are at 160 or below, what size are you wearing? The last time I was 160 was before kids and I was a size 10. I know my body shape is different than it was then (stomach mainly) and I know in the last 11 years sizes have changed some as well, so I am just wondering what to expect.

And feel free to add me.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    YES YES YES! 5'5.5" tall hahaa but hoping to get to 150lbs one day. i have been bad since about thanksgiving and never straightened up but i need to get on it! we can do it!
  • IOWAlapbanderette
    IOWAlapbanderette Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Me me me..I am 5'6" and am currently SITTING at 200...
    I'm down 38 in the last year..

not a huge loss..but non the least .. a loss!!
    :)
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    Me too! I'm 5'6" and I started a couple years ago at about 190. I'm, now at about 160 and I can't seem to get lower. All I want is for my BMI to be in that healthy range of about 25! I'm so close I can taste it! Thanks for posting, it feels good to know I am not the only one out there struggling. Keep working at it! I'm still trying too! :)

^^this
  • AliceSwarthout
    AliceSwarthout Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Yep:) me too. My goal is around 155. I have 18 pounds to go.
  • swilson309
    Options
    ME!!!!!! I am about 184 and trying to get to 150. Lets Get ITTTTTT!!!!!
  • jfrog123
    jfrog123 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I am 34 years old, 5'6" and my goal is 150. I am currently at 227. I started on mfp at the end of last summer, but have had some medical issues since then. I have lost 45 pounds so far. I have hit a plateau, but I am not giving up! Feel free to friend me :-)
  • katscoots
    katscoots Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I do not know the rules on this site yet, but can we make some sort of challenge sub-group? It would be great if we could all share and encourage each other.

I also have a question for those of you who are at 160 or below, what size are you wearing? The last time I was 160 was before kids and I was a size 10. I know my body shape is different than it was then (stomach mainly) and I know in the last 11 years sizes have changed some as well, so I am just wondering what to expect.

And feel free to add me.

I'm at 5'6 and comfortable in most size 8. I don't have skinny legs either and a decent booty - so I choose the "curvy" style in most jeans.
  • newkris2011
    Options
    Yup...5'61/2" and ultimate goal is 150. At 226 right now so I have a ways to go....I am taking 10lbs at a time otherwise I will get discouraged. Good Luck to all!
  • Runningirl7284
    Runningirl7284 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I' 5' 5 3/4" lol almost 5'6" I'm 27 my CW is 145 and my GW is 135
  • hsmithway
    Options
    I'm 5'6", and I set my goal at 152.

That may sound like kind of an odd number, but it's what I weighed when I got out of boot camp, when I lost weight after my first two knee surgeries, and when I lost weight after having my son. Currently at 202, so I have a long way to go still. Once I get there, I'll probably eat to maintain, but keep hitting the gym, and see what happens. I'm totally okay with being a fit 150-ish, though.

My calorie goal is set at 1200, but I do eat back some of my exercise calories. I don't think I could stay under 1200 every day for very long!
  • 38meanie
    Options
    I'm 5'7 was over 200 but since starting and utilizing MFP and a form of the 17 day diet, am currently 167. The holidays were difficult and now that the last holiday/cooking buffet (superbowl) is behind me, its time to kick it into gear! Have hit a plateau but summer is coming, no high expectations but the goal of 150 would be great :)