Running: may be an odd question but...

Options
2»

Replies

• MdmAcolyte
    MdmAcolyte Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    "Wicking panties" just cracks me up thinking about how someone would interpret it outside of this conversation... Sorry, Im 12 today... Lol
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
  • Bean615
    Bean615 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    thanks for posting this was great! i need these so bad! now i know i have the option to buy!
  • kag1526
    kag1526 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Definitely don't wear cotton while running, because when it gets wet, it clings, and when it clings, it rubs. If you run long enough, it will rub you raw, which is not a problem until you get into the shower, then comes the real pain. Been there, done that, never again

This was my concerrn. I mean now I only go like 2 miles since I'm at the beginning of c25k but I would imagine in a couple more miles it would be really uncomfortable.

To the person that said wear mens... that would have been my solution if none of you could point me to other ones but I'll check out some of these first. I wear mens boxers to bed half the time and have no problem wearing mens clothes (actually my running jacket is men's because my running store doesn't seem to think fat girls can decide to take up running!)
  • iuangina
    iuangina Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Definitely don't wear cotton while running, because when it gets wet, it clings, and when it clings, it rubs. If you run long enough, it will rub you raw, which is not a problem until you get into the shower, then comes the real pain. Been there, done that, never again

Oh I hate that. It's so bad.
  • stajken
    Options
    I just wear nylon/polyester/lycra blend underwear--the kind that don't leave pantie lines...you know the kind we women are not supposed to wear for long? I ONLY wear them for running and they are so much cheaper than the ones that are made for running (and honestly, it's the same concept--got them at Target). I've been doing that for 6 months and they work great, are cheap, and I haven't had any negative side effects :)
  • RisOnTheRun
    RisOnTheRun Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    The wicking underwear makes all the difference. Overstock has some for a decent price: http://www.overstock.com/Clothing-Shoes/Base-Layer/NordicTrack,/brand,/12841/subcat.html?sort=Top+Sellers
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    bump - I never thought of this before, but what a great idea!
  • stacymbush
    Options
    Try Junonia.com (plus size clothing for women). They sell products made of QuikWik fabric, including underwear. Great quality clothing but a little pricey.