For all you egg white eaters out there - I NEED HELP!

Options

Replies

• gatecityradio
    Options
    another favorite of mine is to add a crumbled up bacon strip with mustard and hot sauce.
  • chelso0o
    chelso0o Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    You got a blender? Try these protein pancakes!
    1/2 c egg whites
    1/2c old fashioned oats
    1/2 c cottage cheese
    1tsp baking powder
    1tsp vanilla
    1tsp (I add more) cinnamon

All of this is ONE serving! 276cals 30g carbs, 4g fat, 30g protein, 4g fiber

blend til the consistency of pancake batter (I use an immersion blender)

cook like pancakes, eat like pancakes.... still egg whites :)
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    There's no reason to eat only egg whites. Dietary cholesterol in eggs has been proven to not affect blood cholesterol. The egg yolks have a lot of protein as well and other nutrients the whites don't have.

http://www.physorg.com/news139156140.html

no reason other than calorie count, anyway. yolks are good for you, yes. they also have a ton of calories as compared to their white brothers.
  • Gt3ch
    Gt3ch Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Never really thought of it that way. I'm vegetarian so I like the B12. Never ate enough eggs for the calorie difference to hurt my diet.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    I usually eat a lighter breakfast so I can have more calories to spend for the other meals. an entire egg is, I think, 70 calories. the white only is 25. so with two eggs, I can have 50 in whites or nearly 100 more with the yolks.
  • Hurricane_C
    Hurricane_C Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I buy the egg whites in the carton (I actually get a 4-pack at Sam's club for like $6 or something) and I put 92g (2 servings) into a microwave safe dish, microwave it for 1.5min and put it on a toasted english muffin. Sometimes I'll add a soy breakfast patty to make a complete "fast food" breakfast.

Its super fast, and super easy.
  • maryjay51
    Options
    i eat egg whites almost every day ... i buy the quart sized cartons . 1/4c is one serving ,25calories , 5g protein..... i use 1/2c , pour it in a bowl, chop up red bell pepper, add dried minced onion and pepper .. cook in the microwave for about 1 1/2 minutes and its done. i usually sprinkle franks hot sauce on it .... another one i cook it that way and put it on a toasted bagel thin and sometimes add turkey bacon..... and i made a fritatta ... with cut up baby spinach leaves, mushrooms , dried minced onion and 1 cup of egg whites ... pam spray a little baking dish , pour im mix and bake at 350 for about 10-15 minutes ... when you take it out add a 1/2 c shredded cheddar which is just enough to add some flavor .. makes two servings
  • Emellon
    Emellon Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    If the thought of just whites wierds you out, try the whites that have a bit of yolk mixed in (comes in a carton). Not that bad calorie-wise, and they do taste more like whole eggs. I like putting Greek or Italian spice in mine and adding tomatoes, mushrooms or onions if I have the time. I pair my eggs up with a slice of whole wheat toast and a 90-calorie Cracker Barrel cheddar snack for a rounded breakfast :smile:
  • AmyImafidon
    AmyImafidon Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I like egg sandwiches, but I usually use 2 eggs -1yolk. Delicious about 250 calories. Sometimes I add ham or cheese. Depends on my plans for the day
  • Gt3ch
    Gt3ch Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I usually eat a lighter breakfast so I can have more calories to spend for the other meals. an entire egg is, I think, 70 calories. the white only is 25. so with two eggs, I can have 50 in whites or nearly 100 more with the yolks.

I see. My strategy is opposite (not saying it's better). I try to front load the day with protein and carbs in breakfast and lunch. I'm totally OK with most meals being around 350-450 cals and 30-50g protein. I basically graze every couple hours the rest of the day. Maybe I should add some egg whites to to my whole eggs to up the protein without adding a lot of calories? IDK maybe. Not a fan of boxed eggs or the effort and waste of separating eggs. Will think about it.
  • amyrobynne
    amyrobynne Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I use one whole egg and three whites and scramble them with a little milk and sometimes a bit of cheese. We have chickens in our backyard and haven't been eating many eggs lately, so we have about 7 dozen in our fridge. If I use 8 to double that recipe for my son and I, I'm making a dent in the egg backlog :)
  • You got a blender? Try these protein pancakes!
    1/2 c egg whites
    1/2c old fashioned oats
    1/2 c cottage cheese
    1tsp baking powder
    1tsp vanilla
    1tsp (I add more) cinnamon

All of this is ONE serving! 276cals 30g carbs, 4g fat, 30g protein, 4g fiber

blend til the consistency of pancake batter (I use an immersion blender)

cook like pancakes, eat like pancakes.... still egg whites :)

Sounds yummy.
  • Gioooo
    Gioooo Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I Scramble 3 or 4 egg whites with one whole egg and throw in grilled chicken, peppers, onions, feta and a little ketchup. Its filling and tastes amazing
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Subscribing for that pancake recipe! Yum!
  • naomi8888
    naomi8888 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Bump for the protein panckes
  • xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx
    Options
    Thanks for posting IM in the same boat I HATE eggs lol xxx
  • reppinplates
    reppinplates Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    When im really in a rush i'll just cook up 1/2 cup - 1cup of egg whites, add lowfat cheese, salt and pepper and have it on a couple of slices of wholegrain toast. It still tastes pretty bland. So i add Low sugar Pizza sauce or tomato paste (which only has like 20cal) to the mix or spread on the bread. Adds a whole new delicious taste to it!

Tuna + egg salad is nice also
  • MaddoxsMommy
    MaddoxsMommy Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Yum!
  • bluefever
    bluefever Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    my breakfast every morning is
    1 cup eggwhite
    1/2 cup oats
    splash of water

Microwave for a minute at a time, stirring after a minute. Cook untill eggs are firm. Top with sugar free syrup.

For my husband's lunch I make pancakes. Blend 1/2 cup oats into powder, then add 1 cup whites and one cup of protein powder. Blend untill smooth. Cook like pancake. Makes two large pancakes. Top with sugar free syrup, PB or Jam.

I also add cooked eggwhite to stirfries and soup. or I make veggie omelettes.

I also buy them by the carton from Costco. Cheapest way around here.
  • thatjennagirl
    Options
    My trainer suggested I boil up a dozen of eggs on Sunday to have throughout the week. It works for me! I boil them, peal them, put them in separate containers. My mornings are crazy too! I grad and go!