Best HRM!

Options
Hello MFP,
I'm looking into getting a new HRM to track my calories and calories burned! Any opinions on the best HRM out there and where it can be found will be greatly appreciated! 'm thinking about getting a polar FT4 or FT7!
Thanks JB

Replies

• morefitmom
    morefitmom Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I got the FT4 as an early V-Day gift. So far, I love it.
  • ljjones1959
    ljjones1959 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    polar ft 60 then you can join polarpersonaltrainer.com and be connected and have a daily chart which will give you any info your looking for . We use this for our college kids it is awesome check it out!
  • bmwgsa1
    Options
    It might not be exactly what you're looking for, but I use a Zephyr bluetooth HRM and track it with endomondo on my phone - works well for me.
  • lambertj
    lambertj Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I just got the Polar 4 and I love it, the chest strap isn't nearly as uncomfortable as I thought it would be, reasonable price too
  • PurpleSweetpea
    Options
    I've got a Polar FT7 and I'm very happy with it. Keeps a log of your workouts and tells you if you are in the fatburn or aerobic zone. Hope this helps.
  • BeautyQueen90
    BeautyQueen90 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I have they palor ft7 i really love it.... Got mine from bestbuy also seen it at target
  • princessjarvis
    Options
    I have a Polar f11, its an old model but ive never used it....if your going to but one....get a F4/F7 they are fab (apparently)

I love my f11 even though its probably as old as the hill now haha x
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    My BF finds his Polar F7 a really useful tool. I don't have one yet.
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • a_acosta80
    Options
    Polar FT4 is amazing!!
  • jwhit31
    jwhit31 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT7 and I LOVE it! Since using it my weight loss has started back up. I got it from Bodytronics with free shipping. It is the cheapest place I've seen.
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    I have the FT7 love it, got it from heartratemonitorsusa.com. best price i could find.
  • cmiles23
    cmiles23 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Hello MFP,
    I'm looking into getting a new HRM to track my calories and calories burned! Any opinions on the best HRM out there and where it can be found will be greatly appreciated! 'm thinking about getting a polar FT4 or FT7!
    Thanks JB

I have and love the polar ft7 got a good price on it at www.heartratemonitorsusa.com
  • bstoetzer
    Options
    polar ft 60 then you can join polarpersonaltrainer.com and be connected and have a daily chart which will give you any info your looking for . We use this for our college kids it is awesome check it out!

^^ Agree!! I got one for Christmas and love it!! Especially good to track calories burned when doing strength training.
  • lilfurson
    Options
    I have a Zephyr and really like it. Love that it recharges and doesn't need batteries. I connect to Sports Tracker Pro on my Android phone for tracking.
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Love my Polar Ft7
  • cmiles23
    cmiles23 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    lol biker mike and my comment are almost the same!
  • bjfrezell
    Options
    My husband and I have the polar FT7. We LOVE them! I can also use the polar web site to track my stats. I don't, but I can if I wanted to. We both agree that we don't really notice the chest strap. I know you can buy them at Best Buy, Amazon.com, and heartratemonitorsusa.com.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I've got the polar FT60 and its fantastic! I got it of ebay for £99.99. It has a replaceable battery you can do yourself. Important as is costs a fortune to get this done! X
  • iaemmy
    iaemmy Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Polar FT7 all the way. The chest strap just feels like a snug sports bra and is not annoying at all. I love being able to see my heart rate at all times (so I know when to bump it up a notch), and I find the calorie burn information to be very motivational.