Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Creepy guys at the gym

Replies

• I have a shirt that reads: This is my you're not getting lucky shirt.
    <3 it!
  • grinch031
    grinch031 Posts: 1,679
    If the guy was a creep thats one thing and its UNACCEPTABLE ! HOWEVER!!!!! Many women dress up in skimpy shorts or skirts and flaunt their *kitten* and boobs all over. This is ESPECIALLY true here in Miami ( South Beach) Then they have the audacity to ***** about being checked out. This is not cool and it happens all the time. I dont know you and I am not saying this is what you did, but keep in mind we're only human and if you dress provocatively then expect to be noticed by guys who like it.

Exactly. Rarely do I see an attractive girl who isn't dressed to impress at the gym. If they don't want to be looked at, then don't show off the body.
  • jlburke2
    jlburke2 Posts: 28 Member
    I am so glad I am not female.
    I'd calmly walk over, grab his head and crush his face into my boobs.
    IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT!???

What a bad girl I would be!

If girls did this, it wouldn't get guys to stop looking. It might even increase the amount of and obviousness of staring that goes on.
  • Apazman
    Apazman Posts: 494 Member
    Keep in mind that life is perspective, perhaps he thought you were cute, or perhaps he thought you were new and needed help. Would have been any different if it was a guy you thought was hot/cute? I have been accused of the same thing by umm an older woman, when I was actually just spacing out looking at the mirror focusing on counting reps.

I just mean, sometimes, things aren't always what they seem. Not to say he wasn't creepy, I have seen some messed up stuff at my gym when I went. One time this indian dude, paid for a personal traininer and would only want the sexy young woman trainers and he would aske them to demonstrate every time... just messed up.

This is why I have a home gym .. sooo much less crap and more control over content.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,412 Member
    He probably just got excited over a cute girl. It sounds like normal man behavior to me. If you wanted him to stop you should have spoken up. Otherwise, ignore and be secretly flattered.

I agree with this.
  • kayleen_longworth
    kayleen_longworth Posts: 147 Member
    I have a creepy guy that goes in about twice a week. I am usually there before he is on the elliptical, he always has to get on the one next to me, if i move to the stationary bikes he moves to the one next to me, when i move to the weight machines he moves to one near by....whats creepy is he never says anything just stares.

If he literally follows you around the gym and there are plenty of other open machines farther away from you, I would report him to management. I would be concerned whenever you left the gym if he was waiting in the bushes somewhere. Certainly wouldn't go during dark hours. Better safe than sorry.
  • GigiBee824
    GigiBee824 Posts: 32 Member
    If he's following you around everywhere you go and making you uncomfortable, tell the gym staff. They are there to manage the facility, and all the gyms I've ever belonged to have rules of behavior that the members are expected to follow. An appreciate oogling every now and then doesn't hurt anyone, but there is a line.
  • Lol i had a bunch of cougars(no offense to older women on here) staring at my *kitten* when i was doing squats...kinda weird and uncomfortable yea, but it sucks even more when a dude does that---throws me off guard. Sometimes ill ask them if they wanna try to squat heavy with someone staring them down in the mirror, never see them again lol.

Other times i just let it go, its not worth my quality time at the gym to go and argue or even ponder on the fact that someone has an external influence over my internal self. It just can't happen unless you want it to, so I let that be my motivation to go even heavier!

:D don't know how my post helps, but in the grand scheme of it all, it must help someone out there!
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    If the guy was a creep thats one thing and its UNACCEPTABLE ! HOWEVER!!!!! Many women dress up in skimpy shorts or skirts and flaunt their *kitten* and boobs all over. This is ESPECIALLY true here in Miami ( South Beach) Then they have the audacity to ***** about being checked out. This is not cool and it happens all the time. I dont know you and I am not saying this is what you did, but keep in mind we're only human and if you dress provocatively then expect to be noticed by guys who like it.

I was wearing a fitted t-shirt (that's just a little too big) and sweat pants. Not exactly revealing. Plus I was a mess, no makeup, hair all over the place from the snow. Not at my most attractive. :laugh:
  • thankyou4thevenom
    "Can I help you?"
    "I can handle this, thanks."

Oooooor you could fart really loudly next to him if he tries to help you again. THAT would be the cat's pajamas!

Hahahaha, so trying the farting thing.
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Two approaches. Get in his face and ask him if he liked what he saw. It will embarrass him in front of others for sure and let him know you are not the one. Alternatively, if not your style, try pointing him out to the gym staff and ask that they speak to him w/o disclosing your identity.
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    <
    guilty cougar!
    Lol i had a bunch of cougars(no offense to older women on here) staring at my *kitten* when i was doing squats...kinda weird and uncomfortable yea, but it sucks even more when a dude does that---throws me off guard. Sometimes ill ask them if they wanna try to squat heavy with someone staring them down in the mirror, never see them again lol.

Other times i just let it go, its not worth my quality time at the gym to go and argue or even ponder on the fact that someone has an external influence over my internal self. It just can't happen unless you want it to, so I let that be my motivation to go even heavier!

:D don't know how my post helps, but in the grand scheme of it all, it must help someone out there!
  • LoriBarefoot
    LoriBarefoot Posts: 218 Member
    I think we're missing the most important question here....Was he hot??
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    i was totally getting checked out by two women doing dead lifts today at the gym. i wasn't grunting or dropping weights to call attention to myself. i was just working out.

effing creepers.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member

I'm guessing no otherwise the OP probably wouldn't be bothered by it.

The general rule is if the guy is not attractive = creeper.
    If the guy is attractive = flattering.
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Exactly.
  • grinch031
    grinch031 Posts: 1,679

I'm guessing no otherwise the OP probably wouldn't be bothered by it.

The general rule is if the guy is not attractive = creeper.
    If the guy is attractive = flattering.

The unfortunate truth.
  • thankyou4thevenom

No but I find the hot guys at the gym looking at me uncomfortable. If he'd been hot and acting like that it would have been really freaking awkward and I'd still have made this post.
  • jpuderbaugh
    jpuderbaugh Posts: 318 Member
    I used to be a member of the y, the old men were the creepiest. One in particular would walk past the racquetball court me and my husband (then fiance) were playing in, and stare in the door window each time. I quit going because of him, I did not trust him. I feel better doing it myself at home anyway. no creepy guys watching me when all the shades and curtains are closed!
  • raven56706
    raven56706 Posts: 918 Member
    i have to say this... while it isnt right to be stalked at the gym or feel uncomfortable... no girl asks for this or anything....

but i have to say, some girls that go to the gym are wearing "hey look at me" outfits... maybe the intention isnt hey look at me but sometimes it just comes out like that...

i mean imagine JLO going to the gym wearing yoga pants... or just a random girl that looked like jlo going to the gym wearing yoga pants... 9 times out of 10, someone will look... the girl cant help it because thats how she is shaped but since that is so out there, a guy may look..

take it as a compliment and just ignore... but there are girls that sometimes dress alittle skimpy for the gym