Creepy guys at the gym

Replies

• Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    So I today I made my first move into the free weights area, just to do deadlifts. I come out of there and am followed by this guy into the multi use area. He stands there and watches me (while he's exercising). He rushes over to help me when I put back 5 kg weights (lol really? they're not that heavy) and I see him when he's grabbing new weights checking out my *kitten*. You know one of those unmistakable 'checking you out' looks.

I just ignored him though out. What would you have done?
    Should've started posing and said " You like that champ.....you'll never get it move on"
  • Yasmine91
    Yasmine91 Posts: 599 Member
    I ignore it most of the time but it gets too a point where it's a bit too much. I usually turn to the guys and say very loudly 'do you want something?! stop staring at me!' I've never seen anyone walk away so fast LOOL
  • thpeek
    thpeek Posts: 76
    I would feel flattered, I think it has happened to most of us on occasion and I also feel grateful, would I rather be Big and Fat again and not have anyone notice or get looks of disgust, come on really!
  • vzucco
    vzucco Posts: 229
    I am so glad I am not female.
    I'd calmly walk over, grab his head and crush his face into my boobs.
    IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT!???

What a bad girl I would be!

Actually, I think if you were a girl, you'd be my best friend! lol
  • Jenncoc86
    Jenncoc86 Posts: 203 Member
    just be flattered, you are at the gym to work out, if a guy is checking you out(not advancing) then chalk it up to still being hott, lol.
  • raven56706
    raven56706 Posts: 918 Member
    i had the quite opposite experience... the girl i saw was doing deadlifts (mind you it was only 5kg weights... such a wimp) and she had toilet paper on her butt... i stared at it because it was funny but i didnt want her to notice but i felt bad so when she changed weights i went over to help but she gave me a dirty look... so i said f it and walked away...

:):)
  • Yasmine91
    Yasmine91 Posts: 599 Member
    i have to say this... while it isnt right to be stalked at the gym or feel uncomfortable... no girl asks for this or anything....

but i have to say, some girls that go to the gym are wearing "hey look at me" outfits... maybe the intention isnt hey look at me but sometimes it just comes out like that...

i mean imagine JLO going to the gym wearing yoga pants... or just a random girl that looked like jlo going to the gym wearing yoga pants... 9 times out of 10, someone will look... the girl cant help it because thats how she is shaped but since that is so out there, a guy may look..

take it as a compliment and just ignore... but there are girls that sometimes dress alittle skimpy for the gym

This is soo true it's unbelievable. I've actually even seen girls with full on makeup, getting all sweaty and their crayon gangbang melting off of their faces. Jeez, some girls..
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,805 Member
    I'd probably be the guy lol'ing in the corner.
  • My hubby found it funny when i caught two guys talking about my boobs like i wasn't there. It was hilarious but i mean seriously i'm there to workout not catch creepers checking me out!! Especially when i don't know what it is they are checking out my gut, butt, boobs or tatts!! I have even started working out when my husband is there doesn't stop any of them so we just laugh and sweat!!
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Where are the "Creepy Women" posts...?
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    I don't see anything creepy about this. So he was "admiring" you- no harm done. Do you feel this way when every guy pays you attention? Sounds like he was just trying to be nice and perhaps he didn't know how to strike up a conversation-no surprise with your take on the event.
  • raven56706
    raven56706 Posts: 918 Member
    i swear... throw them a curve ball... act freaking crazy... take a dump in the corner and fling it at him... he will be so bugged by what you just did that he would probably run away
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    I am so focused on my workout, so into my music - I don't noticed anything around me - most of the time ;)
  • One time I was at the gym running on a treadmill. I guess the genius by the rowing machine behind me who was lewdly pantomiming to his buddy that he was slapping my *kitten* didn't realize that the treadmill faced a mirror and that I could see everything. I slammed my hand down on the emergency stop button ( and truthfully almost tripped, which would have totally ruined the moment), whipped around and loudly called him out on his antics. One of the gym employees came over, told the guy that type of behavior wouldn't be tolerated and asked him to leave. I saw him a few other times but, needless to say, he never did that again.
  • SyntonicGarden
    SyntonicGarden Posts: 944 Member
    "thanks, but I've got it."

And I wear sweats and a tee. They stare a lot less when I do that.

I agree with being polite. He might be an ok guy who's just trying to be friendly/helpful. He might be a complete tool / creeper. Either way, I'd start being polite, but not in an "engage me in conversation" way. Polite, but dismissive maybe?

And not that you should hide your body, but wearing sweats and a tee does help keep the weirdos at bay.

I also find having a pair of headphones in helps too, even if I'm not listening to anything... :D
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    I find it flattering when guys look at me when I'm working out. It does amuse me some when they do it after I've spent 45 minutes on the arc trainer and am totally soaked while I so strength training. I can't be that good looking at that point. Of course, they could be skeeved by how I look, too. LOL

As for the cougars checking out the younger guys. The free weights that the younger guys like to work out with are right in front of the window, which is in front of the arc trainers. I am not watching them, most of them are close to my son's age, but I have to look in that direction to look out the window (I listen to music, I don't watch the TVs). My biggest fear is that one of them is going to be wearing entirely too loose shorts and flash me when I am looking in that direction!
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    "Can I help you?"
    "I can handle this, thanks."

Oooooor you could fart really loudly next to him if he tries to help you again. THAT would be the cat's pajamas!

Hahahaha, so trying the farting thing.

There's a creepy guy at my gym that cleans all the machines next to me at least 5 times during my 30 min session on the elliptical. He spends most of him time on the one behind me.....i fart the entire time it eventually chases him away ;D he'll learn soon enough.

If the guy checking you out is cute maybe go for it ;D
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Ignored him.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    he must be ugly. only ugly guys are creepy.
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 992 Member
    As a girl, there are just certain times that guys just look. I usually run around my neighbourhood and along the main street I notice winter, summer, no matter what the weather, most guys driving by at least look. Half rubber neck. (which is really dangerous) I'm all sweaty, and rarely wearing anything remotely attractive, but I know that if I run, people will look. It happens. Be flattered.

However, I also get that sometimes guys will cross the line. I agree with others, talk to management if necessary.

Good luck!