1Ib per week

Options
I am loosing a steady 1lb per week which I am pleased about, but would like to make it 2. I am on 1200 cals a day and checking my nutrition log I am falling short by 50 to 100 cals most days. Will this be slowing my weight or do I need to start some gentle exercise? My exercise at the moment is general walking and vigourous cleaning!!

212078.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary

Replies

9726172000 Posts: 428
    Options
    Congrates on lossing a steady 1 lb a week. If you excercise you get more cals so you will beable to eat more. Even though I clean my house and do laundry every day I never count that in my excercise log. To me that is just a bonus. Plus your body gets use to it after about 2-3 weeks. You need to get atleast 30 minutes of cardio 3 days a week. This means you should beable to talk when doing cardio but not hold a conversation when doing cardio. If you don't own a heart rate monitor I do suggest getting one that has a chest strap they are more accurate. This way you will know how many cals you are burning during your excercise. When you say general walking you could step it up a notch and walk backwards for about 1 minute and then as fast as you can go forwards for 2-3 minutes and keep doing that for 30 minutes. But if the general walking has to do with your job then I wouldn't count that same with vigourous cleaning. Good luck in your weight loss journey
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Something I do when walking, to up the ante, is wear a backpack with about five-fiteen pounds of things in it. Adds a bit more 'oomph' to my walk, without me trying to run- which won't happen unless something is on fire, really, really close behind me. :laugh:

I like that idea of walking backwards too- think I'll give that a whirl!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    1 lb per week is a nice number, could you do more? Probably, with 65 lbs to go you probably qualify for that option, but we can't tell you anything at all without at least having your numbers and daily activity level.

and yeah, you're going to have to add some cardio and resistance training into your schedule to really bump up fat loss. Walking just doesn't cut it for most people.
  • Toddy67
    Toddy67 Posts: 24
    Options
    Thanks all for the tips x
  • sassekel
    sassekel Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    as much cardio as you can get in, you can burn more during walks by running/jogging sprints during your walk. I do now since just walking became a little to easy for me. a pound a week is good!:flowerforyou: