Cottage Cheese - possible stupid question!

Options
2»

Replies

• YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    I buy it here (in Canada) in little tubs - fat free and flavoured with strawberry or vanilla - yummy - 110 cals with 10g of protein:drinker:

Yeah! President's Choice is the bomb!!! I love those things!!
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    My ma puts pepper on hers... some people like paprika or sugar on theirs... I eat mine plain or with cantaloupe. It's good with pineapple or strawberries too. I love it so much! I just wish it wasn't so pricy!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese is the stable of my high protein cheesecake smoothies. They are amazing!!!
    better be sharing this recipe!
  • marquesajen
    Options
    Yea, it kind of looks like the inside of a ton-ton...not a fan of it, but I used to dislike tapioca before and I like that now...
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    My ma puts pepper on hers... some people like paprika or sugar on theirs... I eat mine plain or with cantaloupe. It's good with pineapple or strawberries too. I love it so much! I just wish it wasn't so pricy!

Where are you that cottage cheese is pricey? It's about the same as sour cream in Canada. (ie: cheap) :indifferent:
  • Karmynzahringer
    Karmynzahringer Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    IF you like tomatoes it is wonderful with one tablespoon on top of a large slice of tomato with pepper sprinkled on it. And super healthy!!
  • AmyM713
    AmyM713 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Just ate some for my afternoon snack and it was delicious, my husband likes to mix strawberry or other flavored yogurts with it and eat it that way, I haven't gotten that brave. This post though is giving me a lot of good ideas!
  • bevskiwolf
    bevskiwolf Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    OMG I love it. It's so good on melba toast or saltines.

As a kid my mom used to mix it with noodles that were covered in brown butter. (You heat butter to almost burnt). Salt and pepper. Tiny egg noodles drained well, cover with brown butter then mix in cottage cheese. The fuller fat and creamier the better. I think I found my next Spike food! LOL

That's either a Hungarian or a Slovak recipe ^. Cheap and filling!
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    I heard about a way to have cottage cheese--but it just DID NOT sound good to me!! 3 oz tuna plus 1 cup of cottage cheese. I said to myself "you have GOT to be kidding" but I tried it...and I liked it!! Others have added salsa to this, but I prefer this way better.
  • i_am_asparagus
    i_am_asparagus Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I love cottage cheese. I use it on bread instead of normal cheese, eat it with fruit and spoon it on top of pasta and soups for extra protein. Yum! :tongue:
  • HoneyRiot
    HoneyRiot Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Cottage Cheese is very good. However, some brands are not so good. So, it's important to try a few different brands at first. Even store-brands can be better than the name-brands. The best brand I've had is Bareman's, which is a Michigan-based brand.

Also, there is small curd cottage cheese and large curd cottage cheese. I prefer small curd, as large curd tends to be a little disgusting..lol

I particularly like cottage cheese with a traditional turkey dinner. Yum!
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    I love cottage cheese. I mix it with fruit or it is really good with tomato slices. I also season it with onion salt. I recommend it.
  • tucker1953
    Options
    What is the recipe for high protein cheesecake smoothies? Thanks
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    hmmm cottage cheese, I love it! It's good on it's own and I especially like it with diced peaches on top. You have to watch the sodium though, even in the non-fat or low fats, but still a way better option than other foods saltwise.
  • i_am_asparagus
    i_am_asparagus Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I heard about a way to have cottage cheese--but it just DID NOT sound good to me!! 3 oz tuna plus 1 cup of cottage cheese. I said to myself "you have GOT to be kidding" but I tried it...and I liked it!! Others have added salsa to this, but I prefer this way better.

Tuna and cottage cheese on a baked potato is one of my faves. :smile:
  • fifirosalie
    Options
    Lidl does the nicest cottage cheese I've found in UK - seems a bit drier and smaller curds than other brands, and it tastes nicer (probably got more salt in!)
  • Kristinemomof3
    Kristinemomof3 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Cottage Cheese is very good. However, some brands are not so good. So, it's important to try a few different brands at first. Even store-brands can be better than the name-brands. The best brand I've had is Bareman's, which is a Michigan-based brand.

Also, there is small curd cottage cheese and large curd cottage cheese. I prefer small curd, as large curd tends to be a little disgusting..lol

I particularly like cottage cheese with a traditional turkey dinner. Yum!

I agree, Daisy Brand is nasty. Dd and I both agree tha Kroger cottage cheese in the orange/red container is the best. It's on sale right now for $1.99/24oz I think. Also, I store mine upside down, I heard it makes it last longer.
  • mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I've never really liked the taste of the stuff. I only eat it when I make healthy poutine. Sounds weird I know but SO good!

Oven baked fries
    Low sodium gravy
    Cottage cheese

Layer it all and it's actually really good!
  • MissCheese
    MissCheese Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    If you don't like the texture of cottage cheese you could try Skinny Crowdie, it's a Scottish low fat soft cheese which isn't as runny or gloopy. I can buy it north of the Border but not sure about south,