Shrinking Feet?

Options
I was reading earlier that when one loses a significant amount of weight, (which is what I am trying to do... I need to lose about 150 pounds), his or her feet can actually get smaller in size. This made me so happy!

I wear a size 11 shoe right now, and it's mainly because my feet are so thick! If my feet could go down to a size 10 or even a 9.5, I would be so happy. It's difficult to find cute shoes sometimes in a size 11.

This just added a completely new form of motivation for me! What girl isn't willing to work hard for cute shoes?

Have any of you lost "shoe weight" before?

Do you guys think that this is even possible?

Replies

• Thriceshy
    Thriceshy Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I've gone from a men's size ten to a men's size 8, and from EEEE to EE or standard width, depending upon the shoe.

It'll happen :-).
  • AceyFaceX
    Options
    I've gone from a men's size ten to a men's size 8, and from EEEE to EE or standard width, depending upon the shoe.

YAY! Thank you for posting! (:
  • brandyosu
    brandyosu Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I've heard this can happen and I'm hoping it is the case. My feet grew with both pregnancies and did not return to their previous size either time - so I went from an 8/8.5 to a 9.5/10 depending on the shoe maker. I would be SOOOO happy if getting rid of some of the weight takes me back down in shoe size. Sadly, even if that does happen I've already donated all the super freaking cute shoes I used to have.
  • KatiD83
    KatiD83 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I started wearing tennis shoes daily and my feet stopped swelling, so after 6 months I went down a size. I was wearing a size 11-12 to compensate for width, but now I wear a 9. I had my feet measured at a running shoe store to make sure I got the right size.
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Ive gone from a women's very tight size 10 Wide down to a 9 or 9.5 depending on the shoe. Lost 85 lbs. so far! It can totally happen :) Good luck.
  • joanne2406
    joanne2406 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm starting to think my feet are the only part of me that is loosing weight! I used to be a 6 or a 7 but recently bought a size 5!
  • Cberg9
    Cberg9 Posts: 123
    Options
    God I hope so, I just bought a new pair of shoes yesterday and it was like Cinderella's wicked step sisters....bought them anyway lol
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options

O_O nothing besides the feet shrink... right?
  • AceyFaceX
    Options
    I've heard this can happen and I'm hoping it is the case. My feet grew with both pregnancies and did not return to their previous size either time - so I went from an 8/8.5 to a 9.5/10 depending on the shoe maker. I would be SOOOO happy if getting rid of some of the weight takes me back down in shoe size. Sadly, even if that does happen I've already donated all the super freaking cute shoes I used to have.

Awwww! That stinks that you donated your shoes. It would be awesome, wouldn't it? I'm super excited and even more motivated now knowing I might be able to go down in shoe size! Thanks for sharing your story with me! (:
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I when from 150 lbs to 194 lbs over the last 4 1/2 years and I went from a 9 to a 9.5/10. I am fairly certian that ill go back down to a 9 again. atleast that is what I have heard from other people.
  • gazerofthestars
    gazerofthestars Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Yep, I wear a size less now compared to last year. 50 lbs loss overall.
  • AceyFaceX
    Options
    I started wearing tennis shoes daily and my feet stopped swelling, so after 6 months I went down a size. I was wearing a size 11-12 to compensate for width, but now I wear a 9. I had my feet measured at a running shoe store to make sure I got the right size.

I think that is part of my problem. My feet are usually swollen in the morning. I really need to start wearing shoes that have arch support! lol
  • muwchck
    muwchck Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Not yet, but I wouldn't mind losing some in my feet since my feet spread pretty badly during my second pregnancy (when I gained a lot of my weight) and haven't gone back, so I have a whole collection of cute shoes that I can't wear right now.
  • AceyFaceX
    Options
    Ive gone from a women's very tight size 10 Wide down to a 9 or 9.5 depending on the shoe. Lost 85 lbs. so far! It can totally happen :) Good luck.
    Oooh! Congrats! That is awesome! That gives me hope! Thanks so much for sharing! (:
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 60 pounds and I went from a size 8 1/2 wide to a 7 or 7 1/2 and I can get away with wearing normal width shoes! It was amazing. I can wear heels and cute boots (that also fit around my calves... well, some do at least) and more cute shoes than before when my wide feet wouldn't fit in them. I even own some 6 1/2 shoes, it was crazy the drop in shoe size that I had. 6 dress sizes... 1 1/2 shoe sizes! CRAZY!
  • AceyFaceX
    Options
    I'm starting to think my feet are the only part of me that is loosing weight! I used to be a 6 or a 7 but recently bought a size 5!

Nice! I really hope that I can drop a shoe size! (:
  • chesncl
    chesncl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    i never thought my feet were fat (only part of me that wasn't :) ) but over the last two years i've lost 30lbs or so before I started mfp, and I used to wear an 11 and I bought TWO pairs of shoes that were a 9.5 last weekend!!! im almost afraid (im 6ft) that if they get much shorter i'm gonna start falling over :( so yea, i guess they do shrink!!!! Im only 23, i figured they would as I got older but i didnt think 23 was that old, so i figure its the weight loss...who would have thought?? hahaha
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    I have lost about 60 pounds total, and I've gone from a 9 1/2 (or 9W) down to an 8 W. Not a huge difference, but a good difference. I also lost a little height-I was told this was due to losing fat on the bottom of the foot. ?? *shrug*
  • AceyFaceX
    Options
    God I hope so, I just bought a new pair of shoes yesterday and it was like Cinderella's wicked step sisters....bought them anyway lol
    lol! I've done that with clothes. If it's the last one but it's a size or two too small, I'll usually buy it anyway and save it for when I drop a size. lol! I can't resist cute clothes!
  • AceyFaceX
    Options
    I when from 150 lbs to 194 lbs over the last 4 1/2 years and I went from a 9 to a 9.5/10. I am fairly certian that ill go back down to a 9 again. atleast that is what I have heard from other people.

I bet you will! I envy you! I wish I weighed 194! ;) lol I have a long way to go! (: