Do you workout at home?

Options

Replies

• meltygarden
    meltygarden Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I do my yoga at home. It doesn't require anything but my $15 sticky mat and it gets as intense as I want to make it. My husband has a home gym sorta thing that cost $300 at Sears 15 years ago and it serves pretty well.
  • briscottcoach
    Options
    I solely workout at home! I'd say that what you need depends on what type of exercise you are looking to do. What were you doing at the gym?
  • CaitlinMyers428
    CaitlinMyers428 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I work out with the Wii. :)
  • DisneyMommy
    Options
    I do Turbo Fire DVDs and have Chalean Extreme and P90X. I also have a treadmill and a weight bench and weights.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    i am unable to do them now because of a back injury, but back in the day i did step aerobics. find 3-4 that you really like so you will have a variety and go for it. if you are beginning, there are usually instructions to do them without a step bench as well

also, if you are doing weights, record your favorite tv show and do them while watching. makes the time pass fast

good luck :happy:
  • ashleynicol3
    ashleynicol3 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I do Wii Fit or Zumba 2 for the Wii. I also go outside and run around my neighborhood. I do jumping jacks and this 8 minute ab workout I found on YouTube - http://youtu.be/44mgUselcDU

I also just bought 30 Day Shred yesterday, so I will be doing that for a while.
  • Skeels
    Skeels Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I have a Whole Arsenal of DVD'S:

P90X
    P90X2
    Insanity
    Insanity: The Asylum
    Chalene Extreme
    Tony Hortons One On One DvD's
    TurboFire

My favorites are Insantity; The Asylum and P90X.

Chalene Extreme Is a more female oriented version of p90x, but I still enjoyed it

Insanity can be very hard on the body when you jump in to the second month of cardio routines.

TurboFire also kicks *kitten* if you enjoy more of the cardio/Kickboxing routines.

I have not finished P90X2 yet but it kicks major butt also.
  • gaylelynnbell
    gaylelynnbell Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I tried the gym, but it just wasn't for me. Now I work out with Kinect at home. I also have a couple of DVDs, 5 and 7 pound handweights and a park across the street for walking when weather permits. I live in an apartment so as soon as the pool opens up for the summer, I'll be out there too. Last summer, I did water walking and a lot of resistance exercises in the pool.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I always workout at home. I am a shy person & hate people watching me. I do Zumba 7 days a week. It's made me lose weight so fast & it's way better than anything I have ever tried. So far I have lost 24lb (11kg) and am down from a size 20 to a size 14. Have not been that size in 20 years. I can easily burn 375 calories in 30 mins. You should try it, it's worth it.
  • TidoWyla
    TidoWyla Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I do work out videos at home, I really like the ones by Jillian and do a 5k run everyother night on the treadmill now that it's so cold out. I also do classes at the fitness center, but they get expensive too.
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I get bored quick with videos. I use youtube, workout applications on my phone or search the net. I also have a jumprope, kettlebells, weights (5-10lb), I have workout wii games, a treadmill and elliptical. There are lots of things you can do at home and still have a great workout.
  • helper1112
    helper1112 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I would say get some dumbbells and a copy of 30 day shred and go for it. It makes for a great work out, as it gets easier increase the weight of the dumbbells you are using. You can also find cheap home gyms and treadmills on craigslist.

Hope this helps.
  • sarawoertink
    sarawoertink Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    since you've already been in the gym, this may be too easy for you, but for somebody like me (who has not worked out in about 2 years), it is perfect. I got the *****cat Dolls "A Dancer's Body" workout dvd and I love it! It's slightly cheesy, but fun. It is not difficult, but it still make me move and strike up a sweat. It may be too easy for you and you may be looking for more strength building, but it is a fun way to do a light workout.

Teehee... they edited my post... but it is not bad
  • johnnythrash
    johnnythrash Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Wii- EA sports active 2 and nfl training camp..both use the same 2 straps (one on your arm, one on your leg) and totally are awesome (for me)...there's a HRM in the armband that is fairly accurate and even tell the calories burned, plus there's 20-60 day courses you can do...really helps to get me going knowing that I dont want to have any missed workout days!
  • Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Yep..sometimes...just did. :laugh:
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I have to workout at home, I have 2 small children. I love working out to Leslie Sansone and the Biggest Loser dvds. I have also found some other videos on Netflix and Hulu.
  • GinaBinaFaye
    GinaBinaFaye Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    P90X and Zumba
  • blueberrybagel
    Options
    I work out at home...use elliptical for cardio, bowflex for strength training...and have the p90x waiting for me when I get in shape enough to start it...but after getting use to using the bowflex I'm really starting to like it :)
  • silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    The library is full of workout DVDs. Bollywood, Bellydancing, P90X, etc. Go wild with it! I also like to hula hoop to my fav TV show.
  • AZDizzy
    AZDizzy Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Currently doing Turbo Fire DVD's, have thrown in some Brazil Butt Lift too. I also have Netflix instant watch and have checked out a few of their DVD's. Through garage sales, I also have a pilates machine, a dance barre and an old exercise bike. Next, I'm either going to get ChaLean extreme or Insanity as I travel a lot for work and can't bring a ton of equipment with me.