Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Chocolate cravings

Replies

• DisneyMommy
    DisneyMommy Posts: 281 Member
    If I am craving it bad I just have it but only a little and adjust my daily calories (or exercise) accordingly.
  • ashleynicol3
    ashleynicol3 Posts: 187 Member
    Fiber One 90 Calorie Brownies - sooo good! Also, they make mini Snickers ice cream bars that are only 90 calories a piece.
  • Lizabee84
    Lizabee84 Posts: 346 Member
    I have been going through the same thing. Worse today a coworker gave me a world's finest chocolate bar. Of course i ate it. My inner fat lady wanted it...On the positve side i had to do walk the halls near my office for 30 mins to help burn off the calories. I usually and fine with water and gum but today i couldnt say no
  • chrren
    chrren Posts: 71 Member
    When I start craving anything sweet, I go make myself a cup of green tea. For some reason it does the trick, and I no longer crave it. I'm not sure if this is just me though ! :P
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    I just eat it, making sure I have enough calories for it

Given up trying to avoid it now
  • dreamongirl001
    dreamongirl001 Posts: 9 Member
    Hello, I have the same problem but I have found that drinking a glass of Silk Almond Dark Chocolate milk really does it for me.
  • sxyfitmomandwife
    sxyfitmomandwife Posts: 328 Member
    Hello, I have the same problem but I have found that drinking a glass of Silk Almond Dark Chocolate milk really does it for me.

ummm that sounds good :-)
  • mystiedragonfly
    mystiedragonfly Posts: 189 Member
    Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard Double Rich Chocolate. I drink a shake made with this, soy milk, yogurt, and peanut butter whenever I need chocolate.

Another thing I do is brownies/cookies made with black beans....

Brownie mix + black beans + bake as directed = yummy
    Chocolate cake mix + black beans + milk to smooth + drop cookies onto pan and bake 13 to 14 minutes

And sometimes..... I eat a piece of chocolate. Hershey's, Dove, Reese's. Whatever I am in the mood for at that moment.
  • knurse1987
    knurse1987 Posts: 93 Member
    90 calorie fiber one chocolate brownies are absolutely amazing adn get the job done for me!
  • sxyfitmomandwife
    90 calorie fiber one chocolate brownies are absolutely amazing adn get the job done for me!

omg i seen the commercial and was like wow. but they don't sell them at the commissary :-( I have to look around the other grocery stores.
  • sxyfitmomandwife
    Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard Double Rich Chocolate. I drink a shake made with this, soy milk, yogurt, and peanut butter whenever I need chocolate.

Another thing I do is brownies/cookies made with black beans....

Brownie mix + black beans + bake as directed = yummy
    Chocolate cake mix + black beans + milk to smooth + drop cookies onto pan and bake 13 to 14 minutes

And sometimes..... I eat a piece of chocolate. Hershey's, Dove, Reese's. Whatever I am in the mood for at that moment.

never heard of this before. sounds good
  • snowflowr82
    snowflowr82 Posts: 141 Member
    power crunch triple chocolate bars yummmm
  • t3hsandy
    t3hsandy Posts: 54 Member
    I love chocolate, but i dont usually crave it. Normally, once in 3 month i have a huge craving. Well you ask what do i do with it? That day I eat all the chocolate i want. Usually I just buy a baggie of Lindor truffles and eat them all in one sitting. Craving satisfied. I know that sounds like a weird thing, but thats what my body asks for, i provide and it doesnt ask me for chocolate for a while!=)
    Same here. If I want chocolate (every week or so), then it shall be done. Haven't had any problems losing the weight at a good pace, either. Win win!
  • Smansfield1
    Smansfield1 Posts: 50 Member
    two words for you...SKINNY COW! They have snacks and ice cream treats. Most are about 100-150 calories. Totally worth it!! Haven't tried a Skinny Cow treat that I didn't like
  • inetgirl
    inetgirl Posts: 174 Member
    Weight Watchers giant chocolate cookies and cream ice cream bar. It's a chocolate ice cream with a chocolate cookie crunch.... OMG so very yummy.

130 calories
    3g protein
  • Minnie_Moo
    Minnie_Moo Posts: 239 Member
    You don't have to give up chocolate.....You can still have it but just use portion control :wink:

When I have the chocolate cravings I sometimes have Reese's - Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups Miniatures, 1 pieces - 44 calories or Dove dark chocolate promises, 1 pieces - 42 calories.

I never used to like dark chocolate and was always a milk chocolate fan but when I heard that dark chocolate was better for you, I decided to try it and believe it or not, I like it better than milk chocolate now :noway:
  • I have some fiber plus bars and some protein bars that are chocolate. I have made those into my "Candy and Chocolate" fix
  • Try a cup of hot chocolate. Is like 70-80 calories, gives you the chocolate fix, plus the warm temp fills you up.
  • Bostonstacey
    Bostonstacey Posts: 23 Member
    Sugar free Jell-o double chocolate pudding (60 cals)
  • Sugar-free Fudgesicles - 35 calories per pop and very rich-tasting. They're made with Splenda and I can't taste much of a difference between them and regular Fudgesicles.