Dating question men!..please help!!!!

Options

Replies

• IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    I think it would be cool but for the fact that it wasn't something she just walked by and say, "Hey, that's cool!". It almost seems like she's trying too hard.

But then again it is Star Wars so sure why not.
  • chicklidell
    Options
    I think it would be cool but for the fact that it wasn't something she just walked by and say, "Hey, that's cool!". It almost seems like she's trying too hard.

But then again it is Star Wars so sure why not.

We're all at the mall now...she caught a glmpse of the star wars bear in the display..that's what started this whole mess!! lol..say yes cause it's impulse?? we're still debating it!!! lol moved onto the coach store...but she wants to go back!
  • Alexandrosrh9
    Options
    Spontaneity is the key. In my experience, when people think too much about something, you lose that sense of anticipation and "what the heck" mindset. Your friend needs to remember however, that us guys dont think like girls do. Obviously she feels comfortable enough for a gift after only 2 weeks. Yes, they are Nerds but now highschool kids. She shouldn't be dissapointed if he reciprocates in a way that she did not expect. Again, she should just enjoy the moment. Thats just my humble opinion.
  • trackerrtom64
    Options
    A girl once gave me a tazmanian devil after only a few dates...I loved it.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    I got a stuffed bear from a girl I was dating once. TBH, it was a little creepy. Now if it had been a vintage talking GI Joe, that's another thing entirely! But, since they are Star Wars fans, might i suggest these?
    StarWarsactionfigures.jpg
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Is he going to have to carry it around all night?
  • carrotstick2012
    Options
    The key in a relationship is to 'be yourself'. If you want to give a bear from the heart and it feels right, do it. For some people it might be too soon or some guys might not like it. But it might fit well for your own way of doing things and he might find it ok.
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    If it was me.. I would love getting something like that from a girl!
  • Fitgirlrocks
    Fitgirlrocks Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I think it completely depends on the personality of the two people involved. Most women would love to have a teddy bear, but my thoughts are, "I'm not 12". :) So see it all depends on the person. There isn't a right or wrong about it. If he hates it and thinks it's too soon and runs away, then maybe that's a sign that he's a jerk. If he accepts it with gratitude and appreciates the spirit in which it's given, then he might be a keeper.
  • MissyJessy
    MissyJessy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    I agree with Contrarian ... there are SO MANY Star Wars related trinkets she can buy ... and IMO a teddy bear is kind of an intimate gift to give an adult you've only been dating two weeks.

Buy him a pez dispenser or a tee-shirt, and save the stuffed animals for 1] when you're sure he would even appreciate a stuffed bear and 2] you've been banging for a while.

:noway: What a teddy bear is an intimate gift? i used to get that crap all the time all through out school and i NEVER viewed it as intimate. They have been seeing each other EVERY DAY for 2 weeks and are going on a movie date to the movie. Clearly both are big star wars geeks and im sure he has all the other trinkets and will love a teddy!

GO FOR IT i say! its a funny gift . If he doesnt like it then he is a little full of himself... he IS taking her on a movie date to see star wars!!
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    they are both total star wars nerds...
    Sounds like a match made in heaven.
  • penelepurr
    penelepurr Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I got a stuffed bear from a girl I was dating once. TBH, it was a little creepy. Now if it had been a vintage talking GI Joe, that's another thing entirely! But, since they are Star Wars fans, might i suggest these?
    StarWarsactionfigures.jpg

LOL love those!
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Last time I checked men prefer BJs to bears.

(and who gives stuffed animals to grown adults??)

ETA: stuffed animals are intimate gifts - if you play that way.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I agree with Contrarian ... there are SO MANY Star Wars related trinkets she can buy ... and IMO a teddy bear is kind of an intimate gift to give an adult you've only been dating two weeks.

Buy him a pez dispenser or a tee-shirt, and save the stuffed animals for 1] when you're sure he would even appreciate a stuffed bear and 2] you've been banging for a while.

:noway: What a teddy bear is an intimate gift? i used to get that crap all the time all through out school and i NEVER viewed it as intimate. They have been seeing each other EVERY DAY for 2 weeks and are going on a movie date to the movie. Clearly both are big star wars geeks and im sure he has all the other trinkets and will love a teddy!

GO FOR IT i say! its a funny gift . If he doesnt like it then he is a little full of himself... he IS taking her on a movie date to see star wars!!

With all due respect, I said "IMO" ... Adults giving each other stuffed animals is something I view as intimate. If a guy I had only been dating a few weeks gave me a stuffed animal, I'd be like, "slow down, buddy!" .. I don't want trinkets and baubles sitting around from a near-stranger.
  • penelepurr
    penelepurr Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I say give it! It's sweet and thoughtful but not overbearing!

:smile: I see what you did there.
  • Cakepiebeer
    Options
    I lost a few brain cells reading this...
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    Stuffed animals harbor dust mites, which can trigger allergies, which can trigger asthma.

Does he have either?

Signed,

Overly thoughtful
  • MissyJessy
    MissyJessy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options

ill have to google that later damn filters on work computers :devil:
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options

ill have to google that later damn filters on work computers :devil:

BJs or yiffing?
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I would check his text messages. Also, have her take a pregnancy test. HTH