Sometimes husbands need to be told how to support....

Options
2»

Replies

• MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Love the message, and love the accomplishment.

I made a promise when we started dating that I would always let my husband know when I was giving him a hint. They usually took the form of HTML.

IE... <hint> I would like to go out to Chili's tonight. </hint>

Very subtle :laugh:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    On the other hand, sometimes I'm at risk for being like this Dilbert cartoon: http://dilbert.com/strips/comic/2001-10-30/
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    On the other hand, sometimes I'm at risk for being like this Dilbert cartoon: http://dilbert.com/strips/comic/2001-10-30/

Being that chick is way better than expecting our spouses to read our minds.
  • addisondisease2
    addisondisease2 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    After my wife maxed out her dead-lift one day she told me:

"I like cardio and all, but i like dead-lifts much better"

I fell in love all over again.
  • arnoswife
    arnoswife Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    it took my husband literally six months before he ever paid me a compliment on my weight loss!! Now if that isn't some ****ty support I get. Now I haven't heard anything again........ in addition to my weight loss with MFP, I am at a total weight loss of 90 lbs!! It shouldn't be that hard to compliment your wife when she finally looks like she did when you first met her! Actually I am thinner than I was even then, by 15 lbs!
  • MereMe
    MereMe Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I sent mine the following text message:

I just deadlifted my bodyweight. Don't tell me how much you used to deadlift, just tell me "Good Job".

WORD! I love this!

I tell my hubby how fast or how far I have jogged and being military, he rattles off crazy speeds and distances that he has gone. I do think the next conversation will go a little differently! :wink:
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    That's pretty much how I function in relationships. I'm a big fan of "giving a script" for certain things, other things can be unscripted, but when they're repeatedly giving the wrong answer help the succeed.
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    I tell my hubby how fast or how far I have jogged and being military, he rattles off crazy speeds and distances that he has gone. I do think the next conversation will go a little differently! :wink:

My husband was the command fitness leader at one point with a SpecWar command and thought he was being helpful when he brought home diet books, calorie logs and then told me how I would be kicked out of the military because I was too fat. At the time I had just had our 4th child and I weighed around 140. I was 130 when we met, pre-babies.

My fav quote he will NEVER live down: "Damn baby, you used to look good, what happened?" I delivered 4 of your children that's what!
  • eashelton53
    eashelton53 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!!! Seriously that's amazing.
  • cms6300
    cms6300 Posts: 163
    Options
    Guilty here, need to do better.
    Thanks for the reminder.
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    you are awesome! very impressive :)

i do wonder sometimes tho, do men get the response they want from us? like when my husband has finished a new model and shows me all the intricate work he did, i always say "thats so cool, way to go sweetie" or something like that... i wonder if women out there are giving their men the "right" response...
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    When we first got married and I would tell my husband about how I was feeling his first responce was to fit it. It took me a while to explain to him I do not want to be silenced by a solution. I can get my own solution. I just want to talk or complain about it and be understood. He now does not try to be the fixer unless I ask for help. Its so much better now. Men to need to be taught this. Its ok, they just truely don't know. Good life lesson for both men and women.

The book "Men are from Mars... Women are from Venus" explains this PERFECTLY!!! It also explains the man's basic needs as well by the way. hehe :)