Help I'm starving!!

Options

Replies

• laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Can't see your food so I can't give you any feedback. My guess is you're not eating enough.
  • Inacay
    Inacay Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    One thing that I find helpful is to do "fluffing" that means is to try and add as much veggies or eat as much raw foods as possible. So that you are eating. In addition, think of the foods you are craving and how to eat healthier versions of them. For example, I just ate Roasted Seaweed. They are my substitute for chips. They are salty and yummy and only have 60 calories per package. You can get them at Trader Joes.

Also, if you are going over your calories, try some weight loss hypnosis. This will help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioW5azmiZSM
  • clintbritt3
    Options
    My hunger has not been an issue this whole week since I'm trying to eat a lot more protein and cut down on my carbs..... works for me. And yes, water is KEY! :) I have some great recipes that are all veggies and meat, if you would like any recipes let me know. The newest creation tonight was "Faux Fried Rice".... AMAZING!!!!!
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Exercise more! A lot of the time, I only exercise so I can eat more :) It doesn't make you that much hungrier, but you get to eat as many more calories as you burn.
    good idea but as a single mom of 7 I don't always have time to workout:frown:

Play with your kids! It's a great workout, it's fun, and healthier for all of you!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    3975e394-2725-42e0-9f32-c27bf42ea7dc.jpg
  • PeaceCorpsKat
    PeaceCorpsKat Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    When I am starving I make myself a gigantic dinner... but all that dinner is 2 or 3 huge portions of steamed veggies (or maybe I will cook them in chicken broth) I will throw in a boca burger or maybe a chicken sausage for protein. It only adds up for 300 to 400 calories and it's a HUGE plate of food. It makes me feel really full and satisfied and it is really, really healthy!

I am used to big protions, so when I want to have a big portion of something I indulge... just with healthier stuff.
  • classicalcrespin
    Options
    oatmeal is amazing! so filling and if you throw some fresh fruit in it, it tastes even better-- even without sugar!
  • Darrknys
    Options
    Fri 02/10/12 05:45 PM
    plain oatmeal with a touch of brown sugar and fruit added to it make for an excellent breakfast. I've stayed fuller longer with this and love it.

What I make:
    1/2 cup oatmeal = 150
    1 tbsp brown sugar = 15
    1/4 cup golden raisins = 110
    or
    1 cut up golden delicious apple = 80

Always drink a full glass of water if you feel you are hungry then wait a bit. If you are still hungry then eat! Don't starve that's no fun and will make you think dieting blows.
    I sometimes eat a little more than I should but when that happens I just double my workout for that day.

Good luck!
  • _CiaoParis
    Options
    Oatmeal & apples keep me full for a long time. :) exercise!
  • KarenBoster
    KarenBoster Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Exercise more. Then you are allowed more calories so you can eat more.
  • beautifulme32
    Options
    Exercise more! A lot of the time, I only exercise so I can eat more :) It doesn't make you that much hungrier, but you get to eat as many more calories as you burn.
    good idea but as a single mom of 7 I don't always have time to workout:frown:

Play with your kids! It's a great workout, it's fun, and healthier for all of you!
    Yea I always do
  • beautifulme32
    Options
    thanks
  • beautifulme32
    Options
    3975e394-2725-42e0-9f32-c27bf42ea7dc.jpg
    lol ok
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Eat your exercise calories.
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I second some previous posters, I think your calorie intake is too low. I'm not sure about women but the minimum for men is 1600, I think its around 1400 for women, 1200 +/- is way too low in my opinion, no wonder you are starving!!!!!
  • beautifulme32
    Options
    You could be right maybe I should see a nutritionist
  • beautifulme32
    Options
    just wanted to thank everyone for all the great ideas:smile:
  • eolivero
    Options
    Quite often, boredom leads to feeling hungry. If you have eaten enough "good" food and you KNOW you aren't starving, you might be bored or falling back into old habits.
    My own experience - I used to be a "midnight snacker". Basically, I would HAVE TO EAT when I watched TV. I replaced my idle time during commercials with a quick set of crunches or push ups. Amazing how fast you decide to turn off the TV and go to bed.
  • irisheyes42us
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I would eat low calorie veggies at every meal, and make sure you are getting lean protein with each meal. Low carb protein bars for snacks. Nature Valley Protein bars are tasty. They have 10 grms of protein and 14 carbs, 190 calories. You try some of the suggestions you got, and you will find what works for you. sometimes you just have days where you are hungrier, and on those days you need to listen to your body and eat more on those days. You will find your way :)
  • chameleon73
    chameleon73 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    When I am starving I make myself a gigantic dinner... but all that dinner is 2 or 3 huge portions of steamed veggies (or maybe I will cook them in chicken broth) I will throw in a boca burger or maybe a chicken sausage for protein. It only adds up for 300 to 400 calories and it's a HUGE plate of food. It makes me feel really full and satisfied and it is really, really healthy!

I am used to big protions, so when I want to have a big portion of something I indulge... just with healthier stuff.

When my daughter or I are feeling absolutely starving.... This is what we cook up.

1 whole sweet onion (106 cal)
    1 whole red bell pepper (50 cal)
    1 whole medium size yellow squash (31 cal)
    4 oz grilled chicken breast chopped (176 cal)

Total calories 363 and it's a HUGE plate of food. we use a little Pam to keep it from sticking, add a little water and cover to steam, some garlic and pepper to taste. I can barely eat it all.

** sometimes we substitute the chicken breast with 3 oz boiled shrimp (80 cal) which makes the total calories 267!