Lunch ideas...

Options
I am looking for suggestions for what to pack for lunch for work. We have a refrigerator and microwave. I usually end up buying my lunch and that is not helping with my weight loss. Thanks

Replies

• k4evans1
    k4evans1 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'm SO sick of lunch food! I'm eating leftovers lately with fruit. If anyone has some amazing salad ideas shoot them this way! I'm not good at whipping salads together that actually taste good.
  • sarglava
    sarglava Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Grain salads are really good: rice/barley/etc., veggies (cooked or raw), beans, cheese, some kind of dressing... you could eat those on top of lettuce if you want to reduce the calories- Grains are calorie dense.
    I made a pita pocket sandwich the other day with just hummus and romaine and cheese. Simple but very tasty and filling. I eat a lot of pb and J so I try to switch it up a lot.
  • JessAryn
    Options
    It all depends on how much time you have to eat. Personally when Im at school I dont have much time for lunch so I pack healthy low calorie snacks like soy yogurt, pretzels, fiber one bars, apples, carrots, or other fruits and veggies. I also drink alot of water to stay full longer.

Otherwise you can't really go wrong with a good old salad, sandwich, or cup of soup.

For sandwiches to make them lower in calories I suggest spinach instead of lettuce and a light cream cheese instead of normal cheese.

And here's a fantastic salad recipe I use alot: http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Dijon-Walnut-Spinach-Salad

Honey Dijon Vinaigrette:
    1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
    1/2 cup olive oil
    2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
    1 Tbsp Honey

I hope that helped! =]
  • Mnata
    Mnata Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    5 ounces pan-fried steak with broccoli. Around 400-500 calories, almost as good cold as hot, and you don't feel like you're watching what you eat when you're looking forward to steak.
  • getfit4u89
    Options
    Tuna is always good and low calories, add in wheat thins, a veggie or fruit
  • tbresina
    tbresina Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I'm SO sick of lunch food! I'm eating leftovers lately with fruit. If anyone has some amazing salad ideas shoot them this way! I'm not good at whipping salads together that actually taste good.

My all time favorite is romaine lettuce, gorgonzola crumbles, chopped up green apple, chopped walnuts and red onions-the flavor combination is too die for, I do add a very little amount of either ranch or poppyseed dressing but this you can control!
  • tbresina
    tbresina Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem, I work in a hospital on the night shift. EVERYONE orders from all these fattening places that cater to overnight workers and I used to be one of them. I bring a very healthy lunch and make sure that I leave all $/check cards etc at home so even if I was tempted I can't do it. I told myself that I would only order once every 6wks as a treat but Ihave gone 3 months now without ordering because when I get right down to it its not worth all the calories on 1 meal. I am only 7-10 lbs from my goal weight so this is so important to me!
  • fudgebudget
    fudgebudget Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I keep oats, cinnamon, honey, and dried fruit at work so I can make oatmeal in the microwave. You can also microwave sweet potatoes like you would a baked potato, and those are tasty.
  • emeralds5668
    Options
    I am looking for suggestions for what to pack for lunch for work. We have a refrigerator and microwave. I usually end up buying my lunch and that is not helping with my weight loss. Thanks
    Amys light and lean organic vegan foods are super good.....especially the soft taco fiesta and spinach lasagna