Need to pee all the time!!

Options
Ok, so I've been upping my water intake for a week now, and I've started my diet changes today. But with all the extra water I'm drinking I'm needing to pee constantly!! Does it ever stop? it's only 3pm here and I've gone 6 times already!

Replies

• captaincharisma24
    Options
    stop drinking water perhaps? :)
  • musicstardust67
    musicstardust67 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Yea same thing happens to me to! Omg I hate it. So annoying. I still drink the water though. I doubt it stops but I found that if u spread the 6 to 8 glasses of water sporadically throughout the day, it helps.
  • junyr
    junyr Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I've been upping my water intake for a week now, and I've started my diet changes today. But with all the extra water I'm drinking I'm needing to pee constantly!! Does it ever stop? it's only 3pm here and I've gone 6 times already!

I still drink 8 cups of water a day on top of other things, took me about a week to not have to pee 3 times an hour.
  • northwjj
    northwjj Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Yep, it gets better has your bladder adjusts, so to speak. I upped my water intake too and I was getting up 2-3 times in the middle of the night...very annoying. But after about a week of that I can now sleep through the night. I think it would help too not to drink water or definitely any caffeine drinks a few hours before bed time. But, yes overall it does get better just give it a bit more time and your body will adjust.
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    thats what happens. :3 i pee lk every 30 mins. lol
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options

Your body will get use to it. I'm a water drinker. I love water. I aim to drink a half of gallon to a gallon of water a day and I don't have to go all the time.
  • huck23
    huck23 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    upping water to what level and do you drink other liquids
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Your body gets used to it. Jumping into healthy eating, exercising and water intake are all kinds of new things your body is working on figuring out.
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    give it time. Your body will adjust. Just think of all those toxins you are flushing from your system.
  • junyr
    junyr Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    upping water to what level and do you drink other liquids

I upped mine to 8 to 10 cups a day. I seldom drink anything else, but sometimes I'll have a diet soda; not regularly though.
  • mrscollins1112
    Options
    It will adjust. When I first started tracking my intake and hitting the 8 cups I had to pee all the time....very annoying as my students thought I was nuts always having to use the bathroom. But it settled and unless I drink 4 cups at one time (work out spread over an hour) then I am ok. Just give your body time:)
  • smlamb33
    smlamb33 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Well, I've been drinking 6 glasses of water and 2 cups of coffee everyday for about 3 weeks and I am still in the bathroom all the time, plus at least 1-2 times a night. So I'm beginning to give up hope that I will ever adjust to all the water but, it's better to drink all that water and have to go bathroom than to not get enough water. :laugh:
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    your body will adjust...and its a clue that something good is happening! water is the biproduct of your body burning fat! So...every time I have to get up and pee in the middle of the night---I'm happy! (and sleepy).
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options

Um, what goes in's gotta come out. If it stops coming out you better worry! LOL
  • BigDaddy822
    Options
    For me it never goes away I am the same way. But its not a bad thing just an inconvenience.
  • kittenmitton
    kittenmitton Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Drink less water then. Studies have shown that you don't even really need eight 8-oz glasses of water a day. I drink 4-5 glasses and I don't get dehydrated at all.

Source: http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=eight-glasses-water-per-day

I mean, unless you have kidney stones, you really don't need anywhere near that much water. There's plenty of water in the food you eat.

(anyways, the reason you're peeing so much is because your body only takes in the water it needs and eliminates the rest. If you're peeing so often, then you're clearly drinking too much water since your body is rejecting it. If you're drinking a lot and feeling dehydrated, however, that could be a more serious issue with your hypothalamus or kidneys [low ADH production, causes excess peeing and drymouth, like you have a hangover or drank a bunch of coffee]).