My imperfect weight loss journey

Options

Replies

• bjthompson09
    Options
    I think your story is inspiring! Great Job on all the work you have done.
    I started my journey last year after I went to the Biggest loser open call. Not getting on the show really made me see that I didn't want to wait for another season, I wanted to do then. So I started going to weight watchers, I did that for about 6 months and I lost 20 lbs. I was on and off with it and I know I could have done better, but all I could do was look to the future. I was lucky enough to have a gym membership to a great place in my town, I started do really hard boot camps 3-4 days a week, and then I found myself signing up for a 5k training course. Before I knew I was doing running over 3 miles and I had gone from 249lbs to 214lbs. 35 was gone and I could not believe it. Now I am training for a half marathon, I am not even close to my goal weight wise but I feel like I have accomplished so much and come so far.

Thank you for sharing your story.
  • Travelfixer
    Travelfixer Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful! It's hardly looks like the same woman, you look so much younger and happier!
  • soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!!! I think most of us have tried silly things until we found the not so secret formula: eat less, move more. LOL But congrats on your success!:drinker:
  • CDresp
    CDresp Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Success in life is not about being perfect. It is about being as true as you can be one day at a time. Which is all we really have anyway. Focus on doing something today that your future self will thank you for. One day, one pound, one success at a time and let go of the negative feelings about the not so good days. Negative feelings only lead to additional failure. Think positive for positive results. Congratulations on your success!!! You look gorgeous!
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    WOW! You look even more beautiful!
  • kdfulgham
    kdfulgham Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I love the fact that your journey was "imperfect". Great lesson to be learned! You look great, and your story is inspiring. Excellent!
  • Edward220
    Options
    Congratulations !! I enjoy reading success stories like yours !! Nice way to start my day. Thanks for sharing !!! Keep up the hard work...
  • rebelo3
    rebelo3 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I like you story because it is REAL! No one is perfect. But you look beautiful! And SO happy, congrats you deserve it!
  • mdebbie1026
    mdebbie1026 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Oh Yeah! Way to Go!
  • dguetre
    Options
    Glad to hear another imperfect weight loss journey. And, holy hot mama, in your bottom pictures. Congratulations on a huge accomplishment; you earned it.
  • SmallerBecky
    Options
    Great job! You're gorgeous! And I don't think ANYONE has a "perfect" weight loss journey (or any kind of journey, for that matter...)! Thank you so much for sharing your story!
  • timadotcom
    timadotcom Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Absolutely amazing!!!!
  • velvetkat
    velvetkat Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    imperfection is how we all got here to begin with and its the way I will continue on my journey to a new life!
    Big congrats on your success! You look fabulous!!
    I have a question.. when you go to buy clothes do you believe that you fit into the size you now where? Thats where I have a problem.. I will pull out a size that is at least one size too big... my brain has a hard time realizing I am smaller!!

Super job!!
  • evryoung4
    evryoung4 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Beautiful, thanks for sharing. It's inspirational.
  • anave285
    anave285 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Simply beautiful. Congrats.
  • stone307
    Options
    You look great
  • 2LiveHealthy
    2LiveHealthy Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Your story was great to read! You stuck with it and won your battle to get healthy! Keep it up. You look wonderful!!
  • gregavila
    gregavila Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look stunning. None of ur journeys are perfect, but they are ours... Congratulations.
  • MalDunc2012
    MalDunc2012 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    You're looking phenomenal. I can't wait to be where you are. From one Mallory to another, ccongrats!
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. Congrats on your transformation and keep up the great work. I know what you mean about not realizing how far we have come.....it is nice to take some time to appreciate it...so glad that you are now seeing it :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!