A happy shopping day!

Options
Lorleee
Lorleee Posts: 369 Member
Just had to share...I started this journey at 174 pounds and size 15 (I'm 5'2"). Well, yesterday I had to buy new jeans because my size 10's were falling off me. I slipped into a Size 8 easily! Then I went to look at dresses. I picked up a gorgeous little black dress - took a size 8 off the shelf and it looked too big, so I brought a 6 into the changeroom. Lo and behold, the 6 fit like a glove!

It's not the numbers that matter, I know that..but for someone who hasn't enjoyed trying on clothes in ages, I was floating around that mall yesterday! I am going to surprise my husband with the new dress when we go out for our early Valentine's Dinner this Sunday.:happy:

Replies

• plumnbagel
    plumnbagel Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's the dream! Thanks for sharing your story!
  • laurabell86
    laurabell86 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! You deserve it! Keep up the hard work!
  • CruzZ8
    CruzZ8 Posts: 71
    Options
    Congrats! I can't wait for that experience to come for me! You're awesome!
  • premiumchilenita
    premiumchilenita Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    aaah, shopping......it truly is retail therapy :smile: great job, you deserve it and you've worked hard for it. Now work it for Valentines with your beautiful new dress.
  • justle
    justle Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    amazing job! i felt the same the first time i slipped on a 14 :)
  • Travelfixer
    Travelfixer Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful! I can't wait to be able to post something like that, I'm 5'7 and in size 12-14 would love to get back in to a size 8!
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    That's great! Keep it up!
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    wow good for you! i too had a successful shopping trip the other day. I went to buy a new pair of jeans as all my size 9's were now a bit too loose. I wear 4 different types of jeans, and ow and behold 3 of the 4 i got into a size 7 instead of the 9. So my goal now is to get that last favorite brand into a size 7 and then i will be very very happy! i too am 5.2 !
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Well done, its a great feeling and more tangible than a figure on a scale.

Don't get too excited and buy too much like I have. I now have a self imposed no new clothes ban for 2 months :sad:
  • LovingCruz
    LovingCruz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! So happy for you :smile: I can't wait till the days come when I can enjoy shopping again. My first shopping spree will be all the clothes in my closet that has tags on them and after that to the stores I go.
  • bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a happy shopping day, I cant wait to have that shopping day, Ive went from 18-20s and now Im in 12s , size 8 is my goal...Congrats !
  • gods_gal
    gods_gal Posts: 305
    Options
    Congratulations! That's wonderful!! :flowerforyou:
  • ninabina62
    Options
    So happy for you! I had a great shopping day this week, also. I was wearing 14's and I slipped into a 10!! Hang in there. There's more happy shopping days in your future!
  • shine_
    shine_ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! All the hard work paying off! :)
  • busyblkgirl
    busyblkgirl Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Oh goodness girl, since i've started this journey, this is what i've fantasized about most (like literally fantasized). I'm soooo happy for you, and thanks so much for posting this :o)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!