exercise videos

Options
Just wondering what excercise videos people would say are the best but also fun. I don't really exercise but I do lots of walking. I walk everywhere and my job involves quiet a bit of walking. But would love to work out in my own home in the warmth lol.

Replies

• captaincharisma24
    Options
    I'd recommend watching infomercials at 12am. cheers :)
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    there are a few i have heard to be quite good.

30 day shred, insanity & p90x ... 30 day shred is a 23 min workout so easy to squeeze it and i think you do 3 min strength, 2 cardio and 3 abs.. not completely sure... and then repeat those other.
    Insanity is more of a longer cardio workout and P90X is pre much fully strength.

I'm waiting for my 30 day shred video to come in the mail
  • jc1229
    jc1229 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I have some of the Leslie Sansone walk at home videos that have aerobics mixed in. I really like them, especially the faster pace ones that you do intervals of "boosted walking" (light jogging).
  • auntholly
    Options
    I always enjoyed "The Firm" videos
  • emczech5
    emczech5 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I have some of the Leslie Sansone walk at home videos that have aerobics mixed in. I really like them, especially the faster pace ones that you do intervals of "boosted walking" (light jogging).

I like Leslie Sansone's videos too. A lot of them aren't very intense, but still get my heart rate up and I work up a sweat. They are easy to follow so you never need to stop just to figure out what she is doing.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    My most fun workouts are: Yoga Booty Ballet, Karen Voigt's Sweat Effects, Kathy Smith's Kickboxing

My favorites for "effectiveness" are Windsor Pilates and Joyce Vedral's Bottoms Up (upper, lower, and ab weight workouts).
  • Spayrroe
    Spayrroe Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of the 10 Minute Solutions DVDs. They usually have 5 segments that are each 10 minutes long. If you have time to do all 5 at once, you can, but if you're got a lot going on (like being a stay at home mom of a 2 year old and a 5 year old while being a cyber school guide for the 5 year old, lol) and can only fit in 10 minutes here and there, at least it's something. I really like the kickboxing one.
  • Aerohead21
    Aerohead21 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I like Denise Austin too. She has a wide variety of videos from walking to cardio to strength and yoga training. She also works well for both beginners and non-beginners.
  • gr82bdi
    Options
    I have several DVD's. If you want nice toned muscles The Firm says, "Visible results in 10 days". I've found this to be true. I also like Barry's Bootcamp, it's tough but it's only 21 minutes and it includes three twelve minute workouts, abs, lower body and upper body. If I don't have much time, sometimes I'll just do a twelve min. workout. Zumba is fun and a great cardio dance workout. We loose half a pound of muscle a year and muscle burns more calories than fat, so it's important to work our muscles too.
  • greekygirl
    greekygirl Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I love exercise videos! They're my main source of exercise. My fave workouts are Kelly Coffey-Meyer's. Fun and effective!
  • taryn_perry
    taryn_perry Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I've had a lot of success with the Beachbody program library. There is something for everyone! I lost 25lbs with P90X, and although many are afraid of it's intensity, there are ways to scale it.

Happy to help offer suggestions based on your goals!
  • Mongoose7
    Options
    thanks for all your ideas guys, i will check them out and make a purchase :)