Okay so I found another really good recipe..

Options

Replies

• Barbara98
    Barbara98 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    bump
  • krizz5u6
    Options
    Bump.
  • missjaynne
    missjaynne Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kmickeyw
    Options
    Another winner!!! Thanks! :wink:
  • klkpff
    klkpff Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I do this with sweet potato but never tried it with butternut squash. I usually just chunk it up and toss with evoo and salt and roast it. Great fake out on a fry though and would probably go over great with kids!

Give it a try with kale to make Kale Chips. Wash and dry the kale, strip out the rib, tear in pieces, toss with evoo and sea salt and roast in 400* oven until crispy. They are scrumptuous!!
  • grlgrafx
    Options
    Bump
  • santafeegret
    santafeegret Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    bump

Baked Butternut Squash Fries! OMG.

5465425842_c8f93cb09f.jpg

What you'll need:

one 2lb butternut squash

2 tablespoons canola oil

salt

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Peel and cut the squash into long, thin french fry shapes (roughly 1/3″ thick). In a large bowl, toss the squash with oil, using your hands to evenly coat each one. Lay them on a wire rack (<-- this is key!) set on top of a baking sheet and salt them generously. Bake for about 40 minutes, flipping halfway for even crispness. Serve immediately with extra salt and ketchup.

**Nutrition info for 1/4 of the entire recipe:

Calories: 151.9, Fat: 7.2g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Carb: 23.6g, Fiber: 6.6g, Protein: 2.0g
    [/quote]
  • ladybug813
    Options
    Thank you I have a Butternut squash sitting on the kitchen counter that will soon be fries!:wink:
  • KELNEL0723
    Options
    Bump
  • Fat_Bottomed_Girl
    Fat_Bottomed_Girl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    bump
  • 19rvp56
    Options
    bump
  • lois4468
    lois4468 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mankejd
    Options
    :heart: My son loves butternut squash!!! Works with our family food allergies too! Thanks a million!
  • redbird99
    redbird99 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Delish! Thanks for posting!
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I feel like a dufus. I have never cooked with butternut squash and tried this recipe. However, I had a really hard time trying to peel and cut up the squash. Is there some trick to it, or was mine maybe just not ripe enough? If anyone would like to inbox me about this, that would be great.
  • Lona728
    Lona728 Posts: 105
    Options
    can't wait to try these! A friend of mine and me were just talking about different squash recipes when I clicked this!
  • heidiruth77
    Options
    I have never had butternut squash, but this looks awesome!

same but i am tempted by these
  • streammary
    streammary Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    WOW, that sounds good also. I've also have don't it with sweet potatoes, and I actually have some in the pantry waiting for slicing and dicing. but I didn't think about adding a little spice to it. Thanks for the tip :bigsmile:
  • streammary
    streammary Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Bump!!!
  • kimhurt
    kimhurt Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    bump