dating? age?

Options
ineedhelp18
ineedhelp18 Posts: 37 Member
I've never dated anyone and would love to go out on a date. how old were you when you went out on your first date?

Replies

• shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I wasn't allowed to date until my Freshman year of high school, although I did have a middle school "boyfriend". I don't think people are emotionally mature enough to truly date until at least high school.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I wasn't allow to date until I was 16 but I didn't get my first bf until 18.
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    I was 26 when I went on my first date (which also happened to be my first kiss).

I'm a late bloomer. Lol.
  • godricshollow
    godricshollow Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I was 26 when I went on my first date (which also happened to be my first kiss).

I'm a late bloomer. Lol.

I was a late bloomer as well!
  • Trinketona
    Options
  • andreacord
    Options
    I had some "dates" but didn't have my first boyfriend until 16. We were together for two years and split recently.
  • rainbowkitty79
    Options
  • katisabanana
    katisabanana Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    i had my first boyfriend at 14.
    i fell in love for the first time at 18. :)
  • rolliepollie087
    rolliepollie087 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I was very young.

But I have been with my now husband for 9 years, started dating at 15.
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I had my first kiss at 25, and didn't go on a real date until I met my current boyfriend. I'm 28. I used to be embarrassed about it, but really it's nothing to be ashamed of! I didn't meet my Mr Right until it was the right time in my life - I would have waited another 10 years for this guy... he's a keeper!!
  • adioschubs
    adioschubs Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I had my first kiss at 17 and started dating when I was 18.
  • dslmech98
    Options
    Its not the girls who are the only late bloomers. didnt get my first kiss till i met someone while in military at age 19. Found miss right at 23. This april will be 18 years of glorious marriage. Hang in there, that person will be along and youll be happy you waited
  • ashleab37
    ashleab37 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I had my first kiss at 13 and my first real boyfriend at (I think it was) 15.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    14. it was awful.
    first kiss was 15. just as awful.
  • ineedhelp18
    ineedhelp18 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I haven't had a kiss either. I am 18 btw
  • Banrion
    Banrion Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    1st real date was college, I was 19. Those 'dates' in high school I don't count, when I knew what a real date was I was like WOW!
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    My parents never told me and my sister what age we were allowed to date. So my sister started dating in middle school, and had a serious boyfriend for freshman and sophomore year of high school, while I only went on my first date at age 21 (didn't turn into anything) and have never been kissed. I think it depends on how mature you are for your age. If you want to date, you should!
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I started early!
    Dated at age 11, started "experimenting" at age 12, fell in love at age 16, married at age 18, 5 kids, great life - 28 years later we're still together.

It's a wonderful adventure!:drinker:
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I had my first "boyfriend' when I was 14. Our dates consisted of us hanging out with our friends LOL. That's basically how it went until I was 17 when I went on my first "real" date.

ETA: A real date to me is when the guy picks you up and your friends don't tag along for the date loooool.
  • soriadarkstar
    Options
    I had my first kiss at 16 but didn't really date or have a "boyfriend" until I was 18. I think meeting the right person is more important than the age at which you do it.