Those pesky little "If every day was like today you would we

Options
I know you can't invest 100% faith in those, but...how accurate are those actually?

Replies

• PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Depends on how consistant they are for you... and how consistant YOU are.

There are days when I am 100 cals over, and days when I'm 300 cals under.... it says different things each time LOL.
  • leojsivad
    leojsivad Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I don't pay much attention, it changes every day. It's just a formula taking the calories you ate that day, and saying "this is how much weight you would lose in 5 weeks if you ate that amount every day!"
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    If every day were like today... but it isn't. Looking at your diary, you don't eat the same amount of calories every day. It doesn't apply to you. It probably doesn't apply to most people.
  • RoboLikes
    RoboLikes Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I actually like it. My 5 week weight projection is always better on the days I exercise, keeps my exercise motivation going.
  • Tiff1124
    Tiff1124 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I like it too. Keeps me motivated and helps me focus on my goal.
  • nmck55
    nmck55 Posts: 22
    Options
    I like it too. Keeps me motivated and helps me focus on my goal.

same here!! :)
  • emstaley4
    emstaley4 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I find it slightly annoying. LOL ;) Everyday is not the same nor will it be. I just keep counting and exercising and know that makes a difference!! As long as my clothes feel loose and the scale changes every week I'm fine.
  • Shanphichloe
    Options
    I don't notice them anymore :)
  • chameleon73
    chameleon73 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I agree with a poster above, they help me stay motivated. When exercising faithfully, it gave a good ten pound lower projection than it has this week, when I've been slacking. Back to exercising for me!!
  • jmaffett
    Options
    I find it really motivating, especially after a day when I have done especially well and have managed to stay under my calorie target.

It uses simple math ... it is pretty accurate if you're recording every bite you eat and accurately recording your calorie burn.
  • amykathleen2005
    amykathleen2005 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    It is not meant to say that you should eat this amount every single day, it is just giving you an idea of what your future looks like and that if you can get through one day of that then you can get through 5 weeks and achieve the specified weight loss.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I know you can't invest 100% faith in those, but...how accurate are those actually?

I love that little quote when I complete for the day.

It wasn't too far out in my own case to be honest. I look forward to seeing what it says :D
  • srichardsfab40
    srichardsfab40 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I agree with those who say it helps with motivation. It may not be accurate, but it helps me keep my goal in mind. A focus, if you will. I know it is up to me to stay on track with food choices and exercise, but I like the little push the quote gives me! :happy:
  • nmj1988
    nmj1988 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I always look forward to see what its going to say next.... very motivationg!:drinker:
  • TriforceRaven
    TriforceRaven Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I have no idea. I'm generally pretty consistent with how many cals under I am, and they usually say I'll weigh around 40 pounds less in 5 weeks. So I really don't know. I WISH they were always right! :laugh:
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Mines been saying "In 5 weeks you will weigh 151lbs" for about 6 months.
    I'm still dropping from 140lbs and down.
  • amymarie8709
    amymarie8709 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    If I paid attention to mine, I would have to lose another 3 to 5lbs in the next few days!!! I ignore it! I pay attention to my BF% and how my clothes feel!
  • gregavila
    gregavila Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    For me it was right on... When I first started MFP I logged that 5 week number in my calendar and when that date I was actually two pounds under that number.
  • Peg5678
    Options
    I kind of look forward to what it says, especially on the days when I know I've done well. Keeps me motivated!
  • kittyneutron
    kittyneutron Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Interesting! I do like it, except on treat meal days, then I'm NOT liking it as much :grumble: