My insightful NSV

Options
I am currently in my second round of P90X and have gotten to the third phase. I noticed that despite eating healthy and exercising every day (P90X and running at the gym for a class), I wasn't losing any weight. I just kept seeing the same number on the scale and it is a discouraging one, 201.8 pounds. I have been taking pictures often and even though I had just taken some on January 23, I decided last night that I would take some more. As I sat down to compare them I was shocked. Although I haven't lost any weight I look a lot different. The scale isn't the whole story!! How I look is more gratifying than any number on the scale.

Ok so I have been asked to post pictures. I didn't want to post until i was done but i absolutely will. hopefully it will help inspire someone. Don't be too harsh I know i have a ways to go.

This are to show you where I started in January of 2011

IMG_5725.jpg

These are from January 23, 2012

IMG_8440.jpg

IMG_8441.jpg

IMG_8444.jpg

and these are from February 10, 2012

IMG_8909.jpg

IMG_8910.jpg

IMG_8913.jpg

I am by no means ripped but I will be and will post pictures when i am.

Replies

• msjones2831
    msjones2831 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    post pics plz :)
  • PrincessMorticia
    PrincessMorticia Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Yeah, pics or it didn't happen! Haha. I'm happy that you see progress! Keep it up :)
  • xBeautifulBreakdown
    Options
    I am having the same problem I've been running, going to the gym and eating well but the numbers on the scale aren't moving much. I can, however, see and feel the difference in my body. I am losing inches and I guess that is more important. I put my scale in the closet and only weigh and measure once a week now so that I don't get discouraged.

Kudos to you for almost completing the program!
  • mdebbie1026
    mdebbie1026 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'd be interested in pics as well. My son did this and became "RIPPED"
    as his wife put it:love: They said it was a lot of hard work.

Congrats on your NSV!
    10100588.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • tannerjared
    tannerjared Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    okay pictures are posted
    edit: the first picture from last January I was at 258 pounds.
  • Bsnell10
    Options
    Omg!!! U look amazing screw what the scale says u are looking great keep it up!!!
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Forget the scale. It's the devil, pay attention to inch loss and how your clothes fit!!!!! Great job!!!
  • Zee48
    Zee48 Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Good results! and congratulations on your accomplishments. That is why it is so important to take pictures or measurements along the way - the scales lie and too many of us rely on that number to gauge our success. This is living proof.
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Awesome !!! Keep up the good work.
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    Big difference there, you have done great!
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB! Totally visible. Keep it up and you WILL be ripped!!
  • sheri02r
    sheri02r Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Wow! Awesome job. Keep up the good work! :) I've been disappointed with the numbers on the scales as well recently. Feel like I've been eating good and working out, but it doesn't reflect on the scale. You've motivated me to keep going! Thanks :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!