Anyone else interested in "CONSERVATIVE Couch to 5k"?

Options
2»

Replies

• Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,056 Member
    Options
    hahahaha i saw this topic on the main page and pictured a bunch of right-wingers on a sofa.

LOL! Too funny!
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I would like to do it
  • Elbee1
    Options
    I just saw this. I would like to start this. I have basically been doing week 3 of C25K for about 4 months. Can't get past it!

Hey, I have tried c25k twice before and got stuck at the same place. I stopped both times after repeating that week twice. You are very persistent to do it for 4 months... the same week. I give up sooner, obviously.

I am determined to do it, this time!
    '
    I'm glad you're joining in.
    Just jump in & do it & post what you are doing & how it is going. I just thought we could support each other. I am so excited that others are joining in.
    Linda
  • Elbee1
    Options
    Welcome to all the other people that are joining in! We could start a new group or attach onto the C25K group as Albert suggested. I prefer to just keep it in the community postings and you can easily find this thread under the "My Topics" section.

What do the rest of you think? For some reason, I also get more side-tracked in the groups section and end up spending way too much time on the computer. So, I like just the focused thread.

Also, it is okay to be at different stages. I just thought we could just update either after each walk/run or weekly. Just a place to post what we did, what happened, how it went, other issues... Just to generally support each other & keep us motivated & help one another.

I'm open to feed back & other ideas.
    Linda
  • Elbee1
    Options
    So far, here's who we have doing this... let me know if I put you on by mistake or if I left you off the list.

angeldelight1
    caterpillar2B
    Elbee1
    gettingfitmom
    LadyPersia
    mummyhungry
    sarahgilmore

Thanks for joining me!
    (BTW, I was on Week 4, when I came down with the Flu. So, will start back with that tomorrow, if I am well enough).
    Let me know where you all are at in this or just beginning Week 1.
    Linda
  • Luckldy31
    Luckldy31 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I think this is something I would like to try. I've had ankle surgeries in the past.. but it looks like it starts off slow enough for me to lose weight with diet while also adding in some exercise. Count me in!! I'll be starting week 1 tomorrow. :D
  • Elbee1
    Options
    Yay, Luckidy31! Glad you are joining in!

I hope that everyone checks in & let's us know where they are at with this or just get started & let us know how it is going.
    Linda
  • MummyHungry
    MummyHungry Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I started this week, so today is my third "on" day of week 1. So far, so good. =)
  • Debtappe
    Debtappe Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • Elbee1
    Options
    Welcome, Debtappe!

Yay, MummyHungry! Great job getting started & glad it went well.

I am finally (almost) over the Flu. Still some coughing and nasal congestion.

I started my 4th week on Tuesday.
    So, walked 20 minutes Tuesday & yesterday.

I am looking forward to next week when I begin jogging/running!

Get out there and start walking, y'all! We can do it! I keep reading about all the folks here that just started walking and now are running marathons. They look great! All of them! They look younger, too!

We CAN DO it!
    Linda
  • Elbee1
    Options
    so, how is everybody doing?
    I walked 20 minutes today and excited to add in some running/jogging beginning Phase 2, Month 2 on Tuesday!
    Hope you all got started!
    Linda
  • wurgin
    wurgin Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I am interested. In doing this - perhaps you could create a group for others to join? I am a running amatuer... but willing because it has great burn and it would be great for the confidenc and I like the 7 month plan because we are accountable for longer!
  • Elbee1
    Options
    Hi Wurgin.
    I don't know how to start a group thing, if someone wants to start it, I'd really appreciate it.

I just did the first day of Phase 2. 28 minute walk with 2 minute run.

Felt great!
    Linda
  • Elbee1
    Options
    I made a "Group" for us.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3525-conservative-couch-to-5k

Hope to see y'all there.
    Linda
  • BC_Newf
    Options
    I'll try, lol, I am definately on the couch right now and should really try to get moving ;)
  • Elbee1
    Options
    Great! So happy that you will be joining in!