NSV; no more value sized TUMS!

Options
MenaMena
MenaMena Posts: 232 Member
I just realized that I haven't needed any in about 2 weeks? I usually need and take 2 after breakfast and 2 or 3 before bedtime. I keep a value sized bottle at home and work. Everyone kept telling me it was stress. I blamed the orange juice, carbs or maybe some other unknown food allergy. I honestly didn't worry about it too much and even thought "it's calcium rich" (amazing the level of denial I have been in). Anyway, I was just cleaning my room and looked at the bottle on the bed stand and realized that I hadn't needed them. I just realized I am saving $30 a month/12.That's better health and bonus wealth! LOL oh well, I just got excited and wanted to share.

Replies

• gregavila
    gregavila Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I had that same NSV as wel..Doesn't it feel good? Congratulations.
  • sma83
    sma83 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Not to sound dumb, but what does NSV mean? And Ive not needed the TUMS anymore either! Its great!!
  • flabulous4
    flabulous4 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    what does NSV mean?

Non-Scale Victory (I had to look it up when I started on here!)
  • teeley
    teeley Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    that is great....something I have never noticed before but is true for me too!!! Congrats, keep those NSV's coming!!!
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Not to sound dumb, but what does NSV mean? And Ive not needed the TUMS anymore either! Its great!!

No(t) Scale Victory
  • sirenap123
    Options
    I had to look it up too. It's "Non Scale Victory". Don't we all love those?
  • barbara2873
    Options
    If you like banana's, they usually help with heartburn, once I read it, I tried eating one before bed, and then I experienced a lot less heartburn, unless I ate something extremely spicy or sugary, then I would take something for it, usually pepcid
  • angiek941
    angiek941 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! I noticed the same thing. I used to always have my Zantac with me, but I haven't had the first cast of heartburn, since I've lost weight. It's great!
  • jaynemaria
    jaynemaria Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    thanks, I wondered what NSV was too.
  • beach_chelle
    Options
    That is so exciting! I discovered my heart burn issue was due to food intolerance, amazing the amount of money you can save just changing a few things!
  • Bostonstacey
    Bostonstacey Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    :smile: I had the same realization myself. I opened the desk at work in which I keep all of my medicine-like stuff for some hand lotion the other day, and realized that I hadn't broken out my Tums OR my Advil. It's a great feeling, but I definitely kind of felt like a jerk at the same time. Why didn't it occur to me that my daily heartburn and joint pain were completely my own fault for eating crap and not moving enough? Oh, well... moving on and leaving it all behind.
    :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!