starting the 30 day Shred with Jillian Michaels

Options

Replies

• jld4314
    jld4314 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Mine finally came in the mail! Im actually starting it tonight if you'd like to add me we can help eachother!
  • anapurna
    anapurna Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Today is my day 5 of level 3! You really have to be persistent because it's hard and you have to exercise every day... but it really pays off
    Good luck to everyone
  • dmfay
    dmfay Posts: 32
    Options
    I'm on day 8 of Level 1, and see a huge difference in my endurance level and strength. Like many on here, I was hurting after day 2, but pushed through and did day 3 with success. Stick with it! We can do this! :smile:
  • ngoethe
    ngoethe Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Day 4 of level 1 today and having a hard time getting motivated. I WILL do it though! Tried searching for the group, but can't find it.
  • katcj
    katcj Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I just did Day One today! I don't have any weights though so I thought I'd use a couple of tins of baked beans.... they were ok, they gave some resistance, but they didn't seem to be heavy enough..... although, I am feeling it in my arms a bit now if I'm honest, so maybe they were doing more than I realised! Think I'll get some proper weights at the weekend though.... Interestingly, I found the cadio easier to do the further through the level I got.... it was hard work, but not as bad as another video I've been doing recently. But that didn't have the strength training in it and I really want to tone up now so that I start seeing better results. I *will* have that bikini body this year! :smile:

Oh, I am right, you do each level just once for 10 days? Then move onto the next level?
  • Aesto
    Aesto Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Day 4 of level 1 today and having a hard time getting motivated. I WILL do it though! Tried searching for the group, but can't find it.

I am in a group called 30 Day shred - 2/7 start
    you should join.
  • Slimtara
    Slimtara Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Saturday 11 FEB 2012

Day 1 Level 1

I thought I would manage - but OH NO!
    I can barely lift my glass of wine.
    Boy this is going to burn - but the payback will be good.
    Happy to make more friends for motivation!
    Good Luck people!
    Stick at it !
  • littlemegzz
    littlemegzz Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    (repeating my thread here, as I have no replies yet)

I'm starting the shred tomorrow. Was wondering how many people do a big lot of stretching afterwards and how much it relieves the pain the following day.

I have always found if I do about 20 min of good stretching after a long workout that I am not to bad the following day (I did heavy lifting yesterday and today my legs are fine and my arms have that tense feeling, but not really pain)
  • alliesun53
    alliesun53 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I just did Day 3 of Level 2. Stick with it!!! It DOES get easier, but it's still a good workout.

I find I like level 2 more...there are a lot of planks (my wrists actually hurt so badly!!!).

Not sure of the calories burned...I log it as 20 mins of general circuit training...Figuring all the times she talks and I'm not moving, plus the beginning and end I dont like to count really. And I'd rather be UNDER estiming my workouts and OVER estimating my food.

So far I've lost 14 lbs and 4.5 inches. Im not doing this everyday...about 4 times a week. I just started the C25K program also. And I'm on the 17 day diet.
  • Aesto
    Aesto Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I do about 10-15 extra minutes of stretching. I found that after day two I wan't in pain anymore. I am on day 6 now and I already see a big difference in what I am able to do. I am jumping higher, lifing more, and bending further. Before the work out I high kick around my basement and do a few extra "movement" stretches. After the workout I do several leg, back, and arm stretches. I have found that it helps a lot.
  • Natley
    Natley Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    i got it, im starting week 2 this week... they r tough workouts but u will feel great!!!
  • heatherterp
    Options
    Today was day 8 of level1. It will get easier do not give up!!!!
  • candykay0605
    candykay0605 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    I complete the 30ds today and will start it again tomorrow ")
  • whit1108
    Options
    Im starting it tomm night and doing a 20 min insanity workout with it to get a longer workout in. I have tryed the shred before but got only like 4 days into it and gave up. I plan on sticking it out this time! I have heard great things about the 30ds. Hope to see great results. ;)
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I am in week two of level two. It is one of my favorite videos. I can tell a difference in my strength and my pants are fitting better.
  • Srdking
    Srdking Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 6 of level 1. Can't wait to move to level 2 will do that after tomorrow. I'm also doing 2 other Jillian workouts. I was unsure if the Shred alone would do much for me. Within the first 4 days I was down a pound. I have not weighed in since. Some of my friends on here is doing it as well. So far so good with everybody!
  • Amanda0325
    Amanda0325 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I start today :)
  • nmzeta
    nmzeta Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Here is another group

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3301-30-day-shred

30 Day Shred!!
  • isa69bela
    isa69bela Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I started last week sunday, I was so sore I did not do it again till thursday, but I restarted yesterday again and I did much better, was able to do most of the exercises, I hope I can stick to it this time. no one has mentioned loosing weight with it???? anyone???
  • LaurieAthGa
    Options
    I just ordered it and it should be here tomorrow. I hope to start tomorrow afternoon. After reading this thread about how sore everyone is for the first few days, I'm scared! LOL