stretch Marks

Options
Does anyone else suffer? I avoided mirrors for years so I'm not sure if mine appeared when I gained or when I started to lose..... I noticed them last year when I first started slimming and looking at my body n a mirror...... I restarted my diet 5.5.12 and already I am sporting a new one ! I seems to affect my stomach and upper thighs.... I look like i Have had several pregnancies when I have no children.

I moisturise my whole body every time I shower.... Iv tried bio oil, aloe Vera gel & at the moment religiously apply palmers coco butter stretch mark cream.... I appreciate the current ones will fade in time but it's depressing that m finally looking after my body and it's looking worse every week!

I want to wear a bikini this year but at this rate it won't be my weight that stops me

Replies

• Kirkajuice
    Kirkajuice Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Only thing I can suggest is tamanu oil. I have my own stretch marks from a growth spurt when I was 12, but they don't bother me so I've never attempted to do anything about them, they're just pale lines, I'm naturally pale so they don't really stand out.

I suggest tamanu oil because I've seen the before and afters on a skin care forum when people used it on old acne scars and the difference was really amazing. Some people there said it was doing the same for their stretch marks but I haven't seen pictures of those.
  • AmyM713
    AmyM713 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    429263_262800033791570_220936667977907_626578_176542773_n-1.jpg
    Just found this the other day, I too suffer from stretch marks but that is from 3 pregnancies. I still wear a bikini and will this august on vacation weight gone and stomach toned or not, if I'm not proud of my body who will be?
  • Kirkajuice
    Kirkajuice Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    My stretch marks look exactly like that, but my skin is that exact colour as well. I've never had the purpley ones so far.
  • FatNurseSlim
    Options
    See mine are angry and red, and also if they were from creating a life (having a baby) I would wear them with absolute pride I agree

but mine are from being fat and then losing weight and all I see is another reason to cover up - I daren't go on the sun beds to speed up the lightening as a close relative recently had skin cancer .... I'll try that oil though thank you
  • Fockertots
    Options
    See mine are angry and red, and also if they were from creating a life (having a baby) I would wear them with absolute pride I agree

but mine are from being fat and then losing weight and all I see is another reason to cover up - I daren't go on the sun beds to speed up the lightening as a close relative recently had skin cancer .... I'll try that oil though thank you

This is exactly how I feel. I have them on my upper arms as well and it's extremely embarrassing. Most importantly, I HATE how self-conscious they make me feel. I'm nowhere near my goal weight, but I've lost weight and I like the way I look right now. It's frustrating to put on a new tank top and feel sexy, then catch a glimpse of them while doing my make-up and my self-esteem high is gone.......
  • I have stretch marks on my hips and on the back of my knees, and I'm actually quite proud of them.
    Not because I got them by gaining weight, but because they're still going to be there when I lose weight, as a reminder of everything that I've achieved. I know they'll fade, but every time I look at them, I get motivated.
    It's kind of like thinking about someone asking "Are those stretch marks? What are they from?" and being able to answer "Oh, them? Yeah, I lost 30 pounds."
  • iNkedFiTmama
    iNkedFiTmama Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I don't really consider it suffering from stretch marks. Mine are from two pregnancies.. I've used bio oil and mederma. Mine aren't purpley though .. They're a shade darker than my skin..so if I get a bit of a tan they pretty much fade away, but if I get too dark then they show up again. My husband doesn't even care or notice them, and when I get in the shape I want to be i AM wearing a bikini this summer, IDK what anyone else thinks lol.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    The purple/red color will fade to white in time. They will also shrink and by the time you reach your goal they may barely even be visible!
  • FatNurseSlim
    Options

This is exactly how I feel. I have them on my upper arms as well and it's extremely embarrassing. Most importantly, I HATE how self-conscious they make me feel. I'm nowhere near my goal weight, but I've lost weight and I like the way I look right now. It's frustrating to put on a new tank top and feel sexy, then catch a glimpse of them while doing my make-up and my self-esteem high is gone.......

Yeah thats me i feel good as iv lost a few pounds and im getting dressed up then i catch my stomach/thighs in the mirror and i am sad again!

I feel better that people say theyll shrink and fade - they are just so thick and red at the moment i almost look like i have some sort of injury ! i had debated trying to get a tattoo over them to cover it but as its my belly it wouldnt be a very good place !
  • l2rcc
    l2rcc Posts: 14
    Options
    (Tiger Stripes)...I LOVE this photo!!
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    I actually have used the Nivea good by cellulite cream, and it helps minimize the looks of my stretch marks. I don't know why. It doesn't seem to do much for my cellulite, not that I'm that bad, but it's done wonders for the nastiness of the stretch marks. I've heard good things about the Mederma cream for stretch marks too. Haven't tried it. Had no luck with Palmers myself.

Love the photo, by the way! Tiger stripes, too cool!
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Just found this the other day, I too suffer from stretch marks but that is from 3 pregnancies. I still wear a bikini and will this august on vacation weight gone and stomach toned or not, if I'm not proud of my body who will be?

i wear my tiger stripes with pride!
  • Soapstone
    Soapstone Posts: 134 Member
    Options

Thank you!