Jalepeno Poppers!

Options
Kellyffm
Kellyffm Posts: 61 Member
If you like Jalepeno Poppers I learned how to make these from my friend, Karla and tweeked it to make them low fat and low cal!

12 Fresh Jalepenos (slice in half and remove seeds)
1 pkg fat free or low fat cream cheese
1 tsp garlic salt
4 slices 95% fat free ham (cut into 3 strips each, lenthwise)

Mix cream cheese and garlic salt. Fill each Jalepeno half with cream cheese mixture and then wrap with strip of ham.

Broil until ham is slightly toasted and cream cheese is melted. Serve warm and enjoy!
26 calories each!

Replies

• bel4_20
    Options
    That sounds great I should put a few of those together and toss them in my smoker!
  • beckys19
    beckys19 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I love stuffed jalapenos... one of my favorite snacks is grilled jalapenos stuffed with peanut butter (it's best to use a chile grill)... sounds odd at first but it's very yummy, sort of like a satay sauce... I've had them pizza-style (lower fat mozerella and turkey peperoni), with smoked pork and a dab of BBQ sauce.....
  • KateB1982
    KateB1982 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Yum!
  • Heidi64
    Heidi64 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    We did shredded cheddar cheese mixed into the cream cheese. Extra good that way too!
  • Kellyffm
    Options
    If you have the extra calories to use, wrap bacon around them instead of ham. Broil until bacon is crispy on top.... YUM!
  • MissJenova
    Options
    Yay!! One of my favorite appetizers! Thanks for the recipe :)
  • thekateb
    Options
    Sounds delish, do you know how many calories they are?
  • kuunsilta
    kuunsilta Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    This sounds SO GOOD. I also love that it's low cal ! The ones that I get at the store certainly aren't! haha
  • DisneyMommy
    Options
    Thank you! I must try these. Sounds yummy!
  • Shinkermom
    Shinkermom Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    These sound yummy :wink:
  • graycaro
    graycaro Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    bump
  • AJ_MotherRunner
    AJ_MotherRunner Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    bump
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Oh wow! Is the jalapeno overpowering? Or does it balance out with the cheese? I don't like super spice, but a bit of a bite is great!
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Mmmm One of my favorite guilty pleasures but I hardly ever have them. Definitely going to be trying this! Perhaps with cheddar rather than cream cheese, though.
  • azilana76
    azilana76 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! I love Jalepeno Poppers.
  • Kellyffm
    Options
    26 calories in each one.
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Kellyffm
    Options
    Oh wow! Is the jalapeno overpowering? Or does it balance out with the cheese? I don't like super spice, but a bit of a bite is great!

Only occasionally have I found a hot one after removing the seeds. I personally like the heat/spice so I add a few seeds to the cream cheese and garlic mixture.
  • ls_66
    ls_66 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I used to wrap them in bacon and then smoke them on my wood smoker... I bet with the ham should be really good
  • sherrybaby81
    sherrybaby81 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    omg bump!