ok i'm PISSED OFF!!...plateaued in the 2nd week..WTF!!

Options
ok i apology in advance...im really really pissed off and about to explode...

"height : 168 cm weight : 133 kg age : 28 gender : male exercise : 5-6 days to burn calories taken to 2300"

in the 1st week i lost like almost 3 kg wich was a joy for me...in 2nd week with my 2300 mark calories ( i eat around 3000-3200 and burn rest to 2300 via exercises in gym) i was still same weight...

i mean...what the hell??!

1st time in many years i completed a whole official 2 weeks and this happens to me...im really depressed right now

if anyone out there that have any clue plz post...i need help

Replies

• moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    the second week is always the worst. most people do not lose or even gain a pound or two back. happens on every season of the biggest loser. happened to me when i started working out 7 weeks ago. my 7 weeks consisted of a big loss week 1, then nothing again till week 4, then nothing again till week 7. i am averaging 1-2 lbs a week, but it doesn't always come off in a linear fashion. also take body measurements. last week i gained 1 lb, but i lost 11 inches from all over my body. don't fret- just stick with it and the results will come.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    two weeks? jesus H man...settle down
  • amandanzgirl
    amandanzgirl Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Dont panic! Most people dont lose much, or anything the 2nd week. Keep it all up, and you'll have good loss week 3.
  • megannicolex33
    Options
    It's only been two weeks, you should try to calm down.. you can't expect this to happen overnight. While it's great that you lost so much weight in your first week, most of it was water weight. I lost 5 pounds in the first 2 days, and then I didn't lose anything else for about 2 more weeks. Then, the weight started coming off, but much slower. That's the way it's SUPPOSED to be. If you go into this thinking you'll be losing 5 or 10 pounds per week, you'll only be disappointed. 1 or 2 pounds per week is plenty. Just be patient, keep up the hard work, and you will see results. Try not to get discouraged so easily, it'll be okay.
  • charpeyton
    Options
    Here is a link for you to read about it: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo

I found out the hard way you need to eat back your calories.
  • bugnrug
    Options
    The first weight loss is always water. Your salt intake, gastrointestinal contents, fluid and water balance all relate to weight. Dont worry about weight so much. you are increasing the percentage of your body weight that is muscle instead of fat. Push on through and don't weigh yourself so often. Just keep it up. Plateaus seem to be to be just resetting, rebalancing for the next period of loss. Dont overdo the diet, either. Your metabolism will decrease and you will burn fewer calories during the rest of the day. Your body will think you are trying to starve it and it will do all in its power to maintain weight. So be sure to eat enough.
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Um, how's your sodium intake? If you had a public diary we could give more specific advice... but I know from experience I can gain anywhere from 3-5lbs of water if I'm too high in sodium, and that means anywhere near what MFP says is the max. Also, I couldn't really tell what your net calories are, make sure you're not eating too few, that can cause problems.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    You can't plateau in a week. Calm down a bit. :-)

If you're doing unaccustomed exercise, chances are you're retaining water.

Just chill, keep going. Make sure you're weighing food, and logging accurately. If you're using the mfp database to log exercise, bear in mind it tends to overestimate some activities quite a bit, so adjust your intake accordingly.
  • Lolamako
    Lolamako Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    It's really liberating to not weigh yourself every week. Maybe try to weigh yourself once a month, MEASURE yourself every week, and keep a pair of too small jeans on hand to try on once and awhile. Scales can really fvck with your head.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    One week without a loss isn't a plateau. Maybe what happened is you lost a lot of water weight the first week, then you replaced some of that this week but lost some fat, too, so it all evened out. When I am on track I find I will have a week of loss, then two to three of no change before I lose again. Sucks, but weight loss is rarely a steady downhill path.
  • lynne1224
    Options
    This happens to EVERYONE trying to lose weight! You will have many weeks of this happening...it takes time for your body to adjust to the change that it is going through......don't panic and keep it up...you will start losing......
  • CaitlinFrost
    Options
    Don't give up!

Don't let this be a the stopping point because you feel you have failed.
    Change things up a bit or try again this week to see what works.

But you have to not let this get you down and Keep on trucking! :D

Goodluck and many congrats on the 3kg! "D
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Don't worry, it will be off next week or the week after. The scales are the devil :devil: Keep doing what you're doing, but add in a little patience and look for a downward trend over 4 - 6 weeks. :flowerforyou:
  • Jme2012
    Jme2012 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    i lost 4 pounds the first week and nothing else since and Im on week 4... I know how you feel.... I have also stepped up my exercise.
    My muscles hurt everyday lol. I'm hoping one day i just get on the scale and see a huge loss.. but as for now Im just going with how my clothes feel and they feel bit loser.. I hate scales.
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Its my understanding that a plateau is 6 weeks or longer with no changes. You aren't very big to begin with, so it will come off slower. So sit back, relax, and enjoy the view.
  • gabbymom2
    gabbymom2 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    And I am confused???? Are you trying to gain or lose????? I know your a guy, but it seems like your eating a lot of calories. Anyway....hang it there!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    3975e394-2725-42e0-9f32-c27bf42ea7dc.jpg
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    Patience, Grasshoppah. :flowerforyou:
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Calm down.. one week of no loss is not a plateau. That's more like 6+ weeks of no gains/losses. No one loses every single week :)
  • Brian_VA
    Brian_VA Posts: 125
    Options
    3000 - 3200 calories seems like too much to eat. And, exercising to burn 700-900 calories is not so easy. It would take 1-1.5 hours of significant aerobic exercise to do that. Seems more realistic that you cut your food intake to 2000-2200 calories, burn 200-300 calories at the gym, and be at 1700-1900 net calories. As you get into better shape, and lose more weight, you will be able to exercise longer and harder and burn more calories. And if you keep you caloric intake about the same, you'll drop weight a bit faster.

Weight loss in week 1 is often mostly about letting the last few days of food work their way through your system, without refilling with new food. This can easily be 3 -kg for you. In week 2 you have to start really losing body fat - which is much harder to do. 1-2 lbs a week for most people.

Don't get discouraged, and try a week at a lower calorie intake and see if it helps.