No changes???

Options
its only beeen about 2 weeks since i have been properly exercising, my calorie intake is normally around 1200
However i have been having around 1300-1400 most days this week and since 4 days ago i have gained 100 grams.
I have been eating fairly late around 9-10 dinner on a couple of nights and i have some cake at a party last night around 11..
Could that be why?
I fwel like in order to lose 1 kilo for the week i have to stick to 1200-1300 and not eat late.

Any advice?

Replies

• suzol
    suzol Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I don't think eating late puts weight on in itself, but when I eat late I definitely feel bloated and heavy in the morning. I had 2 weeks of weight loss followed by 2 weeks of nothing, despite sticking to my diet. Frustrating!

I've heard that 1lb of fat is 3,500 calories. In other words to lose half a kilo in one week you have to eat 3,500 calories less than you burn off. Hope the exercise is going well. X
  • lewandt
    lewandt Posts: 566
    Options
    I have been logging for 25 days now. I have noticed if i stay around 1500 when i exercise (no matter how much i exercise) and 1200 if i don't that i will lose or stay the same. Anything over 1500 and i gain. It does make a difference for me if i eat at night (or too close to bed time) so i try not to eat 2-3 hours before bed.
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    You're measuring your weight so closely that you would notice 100 grams? :huh: Don't worry, hon... people's weight can fluctuate by a whole kg in a day and it doesn't mean a thing. :smile:

Anyway... your calorie intake is probably fine around 1400 depending what you're eating and how hard you're exercising. If you see a big number of calories left over, try to eat enough that you're not leaving yourself lower than your BMR as your net calories amount.

I would say not to eat quite so late at night, just for the sake of being able to sleep better and be properly rested.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    You're measuring your weight so closely that you would notice 100 grams? :huh: Don't worry, hon... people's weight can fluctuate by a whole kg in a day and it doesn't mean a thing. :smile:

This. That's the weight of half a cup of water. Wait a half hour, make a tinkle, and you're down 100 grams.
  • emmiee921
    Options
    hahah yeah i know the 100grams sounds silly but i just don't see me losing another 900 by the end of the week to make 1 kilo loss which is what i have been aiming for, but maybe i have to aim for a half a kilo loss.
    but i really gotta stop eating late, i blew it again tonight, wasn't even hungry and had bowl of muesli and yoghurt and toast at 10pm!!
    im so full now..

i use to be so strict and would never feel like eating after 8, when you change your routine its hard to get back into it :(