any yummy hubby approved recipes?

Options

Replies

• Ondreacrandall
    Ondreacrandall Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I use this sort of recipe and my husband loves it.
  • wilberfamily
    wilberfamily Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    My whole family has a favorite. I take pasta, steamed broccoli, and chicken sausage and mix it with a light alfredo sauce and sprinkle it with a little parmesan cheese. We have this about once a week.
  • rsdtigger
    Options
    My hubby is very yummy!! ;)
    Anyways my husband is probably pickier about food then yours. He won't even eat most fruits, cold meats, tomatoes, cottage cheese...the list goes on and on and on. I'm pretty laid back about what I eat which helps...I also use Cookinglight.com and order their magazine...it is not too expensive for a subscription. If you like it on facebook they even give you dinner for tonight recipes which is great...no thinking involved. I've loved almost everything I've cooked from them so everything is healthy and tasty. I make my husband homemade ham n bean soup. It's quick and easy and keeps well for the next day.

1/4 to 1/2 a turkey ham diced (I do 1/2 in mine typically cause he's a big boy and likes it meaty)
    take the ham and brown it in the bottom of your soup pan until it gets brown and kinda carmelized
    Dice 2 garlic gloves and one white onion add to the soup pot
    after those are cooked down
    add homemade or organic chicken broth
    1 can Great Northern beans
    and 1-2 cans of Cannelini beans
    Add a bay leaf and cook for 30-40 minutes

Hope that helps!
  • kimhurt
    kimhurt Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • wcasie
    wcasie Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Stuffed Baked Chicken and Potatoes (less than 500 calorie per person)

This is 2 servings.

2 chicken breast
    4 laughing cow cheese wedges
    2 cloves of garlic
    1 tbsp basil/oregano
    2tbsp parmesan cheese

Make a pocket in the chicken breasts. Mix together all other ingredients in a bowl then stuff it into the chicken breast. Drizzle with olive oil. Salt and pepper the top.

10 fingerling potatoes
    1/2 yellow onion
    1 tbsp olive oil.

Cut potatoes in half, and roughly chop onions. Drizzle with olive oil. Salt and Pepper

this is perfect!
  • november03
    november03 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    bump
  • myopus
    myopus Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    My husband sounds like yours, he likes good old fashioned comfort food and none of it is good for my diet.

I have managed to come up with a few versions of his favorites that don't kill my diet and he loves them all. If you want the recipes for any of them, just let me know.

Italian Wedding Soup
    Picante Chicken
    Pennsylvania Dutch Burgers (they are little flat burgers in a brown grav) we usually serve them with baked potato's
    Tator Tot Hotdish (not my favorite, but my husband grew up on it, so I had to find a way to make it healthier)
    Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops
    Beef Stroganoff (I make this in the crock pot and then make the egg noddles right before we eat)
    and I have lots more if you are interested just let me know.

The beef stroganoff recipe would be fantastic; I love beef stroganoff!
  • texastangent
    Options
    Beef Stew for a Crowd makes 16 (2 cup servings)

2 ½ pounds ground chuck
    1 large onion (chopped)
    1 green pepper (chopped and seeded)
    1 medium stalk of celery (washed and sliced)
    1 small sack carrots (peeled and sliced)
    6 potatoes (peeled and coarsely chopped)
    1 can corn
    1 can sweet peas
    1 can green beans
    1 6 oz can tomato paste
    1 can diced tomatoes
    1 ½ tablespoon salt
    2 tablespoon pepper
    1 ½ tablespoon chili powder
    1 ½ tablespoon garlic powder
    3 cloves of garlic (minced)
    6 cups of water
    1 bay leaf

In a very large soup pot (8 qt) brown the ground meat. In a second pot combine green pepper, onion, celery and when the onions are translucent combine with the cooked ground meat in the soup pot. In the soup pot add everything else and fill it up with water to the top and then stir till combined. Cook until potatoes and carrots are soft.

I serve this with cornbread or saltines. I bet this would be great with some Jalepeno corn bread.

It is 190 calories without the tomato paste. I forgot to add that when I was doing the measurements. Makes ALOT but it can be frozen for later.
  • laurapgmartinez
    laurapgmartinez Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Check out www.skinnytaste.com. She has a ton of great recipes, some are classics that have been lightened up, some are more adventurous. I have had delicious success with all her recipes!

^^ I love the recipes on skinnytaste!!
  • tnshahud
    tnshahud Posts: 163
    Options
    Bump for Ideas!!
  • p0stdramatic
    Options
    bump because I sure need help with this! My yummy hubby is a picky b*tch! :laugh:
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I use a lot of the recipes from the 'Cook This, Not That' recipe books. They do have a lot of sodium BUT I tailor them to reduce the sodium. So far, I've tried about 90% of the dinners in the books and all of them have been delicious!!! My hubby's favorites are oven fried chicken and sweet and spicy beef. Delicious!!!
  • ReverendJim
    ReverendJim Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I am a yummy hubby.
  • sarahdatace
    Options
    love this.

You know a staple that we have at our house.. and it is so easy. I buy the low fat butter chicken sauce from Superstore.. dice up some chicken, fry it in the pan with pam.. add the sauce and serve it with a cup of rice. 1/4 cup of the sauce over the rice is only like 50 calories.. 160 for the plain white rice and usually about a serving of chicken breast each 80 cal. its a SUPER Filling meal.. and so delicious and EASY!!!!!!!!!!! So I would say that 310 calories for a supper time meal that FILLS you is awesome!

We also work a lot with eggs.. cause you can mix any veg with it and use the egg to kind of be the base but make the spinach pepper and onions to be the bulk of the meal. I make a bottomless quiche.. almost like a frittata.. and bake it in the oven. and serve it for dinner.
  • soymilkcoffee
    Options
    I frequently hide vegetables in foods. Carrots, broccoli, and bell peppers can be grated into spaghetti sauce. Cauliflower can be "mashed" in with potatoes. Parsnips can be added to beef stew (they look like a potato, and taste sort of like a carrot). Use a can of pure pumpkin in place of the other ingredients in a chocolate cake mix. Use quinoa or buckwheat pasta instead of regular pasta.

I agree with this!! :) When I make burger patties, I use 93% lean ground beef and grated zucchini and garlic. Doesn't even know the zucchi's in there!
  • fitnessyeoja
    fitnessyeoja Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jrsey86
    jrsey86 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I guess I should have said yummy hubby-approved recipes..
    ha ha:laugh:
    you guys crack me up...

btw....he will only eat a salad once in a while
    no corn
    no sour cream
    no mayo
    no cottage cheese

picky, i know...

Do we have the same man?! Hahaha...my fiance won't eat ANYTHING but chicken parm it seems haha. I have made some healthy recipes that he's loved (and doesn't know are healthy!). Here are some of our tried-and-true recipes:

Parmesan & Sage-Crusted Pork Chops (he loved this and he doesn't like pork!): http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/parmesan-sage-crusted-pork-chops-10000001860082/

Penne w/Turkey Ragu: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/penne-with-turkey-ragu-recipe/index.html

Italian Wedding Soup: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/italian-wedding-soup-recipe4/index.html

Pork Chops w/Apple & Garlic Mashed Potatoes: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/pork-chops-with-apples-and-garlic-smashed-potatoes-recipe/index.html

Sweet & Sour Chicken (my man has an unholy love for Chinese food. he actually preferred this to our local restaurant's food): http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/sweet-and-sour-chicken-recipe2/index.html

Hope these help!!
  • hotrodchili
    Options
    Make some fajitas and you can have it in a salad or buy the low carb shells for you..The low carb shells come in flour and wheat and are really good tasting..I cut up stew meat and add bell pepper/salsa/onions / cilantro /and 1-2 dry taco meat pkgs.Its not really that bad adding everything up but look at your packages and the calories on them..The low carb shells are great for a breakfast burrito or turkey wrap for lunch.. Good luck..
  • Judway
    Judway Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    check out skinnytaste.com amazing site everything i make hubby loves