Over 300 lbs to lose

Options

Replies

• StrongHeart
    StrongHeart Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Jan.1,2011 My goal is to drop at least 1 pound each week this year.
    *1st Goal = 7 pounds by Valentines Day (Feb, 14, 2011)
    *Jan. 3rd weight lost since last Saturday = Exceeded my 1 pound goal!:smile:
    *Jan. 8th weight lost since last Saturday = Exceeded my 1 pound goal!:happy:
  • soze
    soze Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    How's that going Pittgal?
  • StrongHeart
    Options
    Good morning to everyone.

Wishing each and everyone of you a great day full of successes and positive events! :heart:
  • jsb4
    jsb4 Posts: 4
    Options
    you can do it! one foot in front of the other, one day at a time! :) best of luck to you!
  • StrongHeart
    Options
    I hope the New Year has been a positive experience for everyone so far :smile:
    I love reading the encouraging stories of trials overcome and goals met!
    Many of you are an inspiration to me :heart:

Keep up the good work and God bless you on your weigh loss journey .
  • StrongHeart
    Options
    Whoo Hoo!! Yeah Me!! I made it to my 1st mini-goal or 395!!!!! :bigsmile:
  • TNFirefly
    TNFirefly Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Wondering if anyone is here? I was excited to find this board, but cricket...cricket...
  • TNFirefly
    Options
    Still no one? Wow. Anyone coming here that really has over 300 to lose, please friend me.
  • jennatha
    Options
    You can do this....take it day by day:)
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    I don't exactly have 300lbs to lose, but I'm close to it. My starting weight was 354 and I'm looking to get down in the mid-100s, maybe smaller since I'm only 5'3". And hey, my name's Sara too!

It's really intimidating when you've got so much weight to lose, it's not an easy thing and you don't see results as fast as others might, but we're the people that really need to get our lives together and show the world we're not all those stupid stereotypes.
  • Carolkdougherty
    Options
    You are on the right track. It isn't a diet - it's a food plan, a plan that will enable you to lead a healthy, much more fulfilling life. Try to keep that in mind - every single day. But, if you should fall off, don't quit, just get back on track. I have just experienced a bad phase and gained back 14 lbs before I woke up. I have severe restless leg syndrom which causes trouble sleeping which is a real trigger for my eating binges. I have to find a coping mechanism that works for me. I think you will need to develop coping mechanisms too - something to divert your mind from food. One thing I was told that helps - sometimes - "Eat to live, don't live to eat." I wish you the best of luck. I have 62 more pounds to lose, and I am determined to do it.
  • audreynay
    Options
    Hello everyone, I started in January and have lost 13pounds. Wish me luck!, I have 100 pounds to loose.
  • TNFirefly
    Options
    Hey,
    I just got my scale so I have an official starting weight now. Hopefully that will spur me on to see progress and know that my work is gradually changing me. So far to go to find success. First goal is to get under 300 lbs to lose. I am hoping to hit that by March 1.
    Hoping to see less of each other!
  • rachelpries
    rachelpries Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    user "longhaul64" is no a quest to loose a lot of weight. He seems like a great guy and has a open profile.
  • letmebeda1_wechange
    Options
    Welcome Sarah, wishing you the best and I know YOU WILL DO THIS. I don't have 300 to lose but 100+ and I know you will get this done, lil by lil and don't ever give up until your last breathe, keep pushing along and we are all here for you. you will find alot of support and encouragement and yes MFP is addicting lol. but that's a good addiction. much love. sending you a friend request. ♥♥♥
  • LostButterfly
    LostButterfly Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Just take one day at a time. Do not let the scale discourage you. It might be up one week and down the next. Just keep going. You can do this!!! :)

I have lost 142 pounds and have much more to go until I hit the the weight I want to be. This site is an amazing supportive site. Utilize it as much as you can.
  • tootchute
    tootchute Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I started at 355+ Now I'm 265 You can add me as a friend
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Welcome Sarah! You have come to the right place, and it sounds like you have the right attitude! You can do this, best of luck to you!
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Welcome, fellow yinzer!

If you're not aware of it, there's a group for folks looking to lose 100+ pounds that you may be interested in checking out:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/685-100lbs-to-lose

Feel free to send me a FR...I'm in the Pittsburgh area (West) and I'm friends with a lot of local peeps. Good luck to you!

ETA: Didn't realize this was a zombie thread. :grumble:
  • LuLuChick78
    LuLuChick78 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Just in case you didn't notice, this thread is a few years old.

It sadly also seems that the motivation originally expressed in this thread was lost by the OP.